Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

One of the best features from NY!

My other favorite feature is AE's shipping combination option :)

I wish NY could start a warehouse option ! But if they did they would no longer be able to make profit from shipping costs as they currently do. Therefore unless all their customers refuse to place orders unless they do that, they never will.

Thanks for that! I think this is the weekend people will be able to actually handle the 30, so hopefully someone will give us an "hands-on" report.

Would you prefer the top side of the aft fuselage? :p

[edit: ] Now that I think of it this is probably wrong. Should be something like the general fuselage since the mount for the missile bay starts right behind the head turret which looked also pretty uneven in previous pictures.

Edited by Scyla

I hope it is similar to the Gerwalk-Mode stand adapter for the Messiahs. They also have a support fork but can stand fine without it. Probably it is there to reduce the stress on the piece.

[edit: ] Some images without the stand: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37897&p=1116946

Edited by Scyla

I hope it is similar to the Gerwalk-Mode stand adapter for the Messiahs. They also have a support fork but can stand fine without it. Probably it is there to reduce the stress on the piece.

[edit: ] Some images without the stand: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37897&p=1116946

i dunno, it looks like a pretty beefy brace. i hope they entire battroid just doens't flop under its own weight without it. sadly i woudln't put that beneath bandai. they'd be like...what thats why we inlcuded the stand! haha

It's safe to think that the 30 will stand on it's own, it looks back heavy but the wings will be mostly plastic and not that heavy. Even if you have to lean it forward a bit it should stand without the assistance of a stand.

Re: the stand, all of Bandai's Mac F releases have them so that doesn't confirm one way or the other.

And as just stated, that pose that David posted is clearly Photoshopped. B))

-b.

This valk only gets better looking to me. As for it standing on it's own, I don't even care. It deserves a dynamic pose and that's what it's going to get.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i raised this question a while ago but personally i think it can stand on it's own, but thinking it will easily tip over unless posed leaning forward similar to justice and freedom gundam, i think this will need a stand in the long run as those ball joints won't hold out long term.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

If you look at some of those other Battroid shots, the hips are pretty different. There's even some sort of metallic box that slides out from the hips. I wonder if Bandai has come up with a new way to work the hips, by force really, considering how funky Gerwalk is.

Guest davidwhangchoi

If you look at some of those other Battroid shots, the hips are pretty different. There's even some sort of metallic box that slides out from the hips. I wonder if Bandai has come up with a new way to work the hips, by force really, considering how funky Gerwalk is.

yeah, i'm sorta excited it's something new with a different design even if i have to get use to the missile rack. i have one on pre order on hlj in case it ends up being cool.

hmm, its not so much stand as in balance, but i'm questioning the validity of theperfert transformation itself to the battroid mode itself(without the stand pieces propping it together)....it looks like the stand adaptor keeps the two halfs of the valk from folding in on itself, thats hwy i used "upright". not sure i'm describing this correctly or seeing it correctly as i really havne' tfollowed this valk that closely so perhpas i'm seeing something as part of th stand tha tis actuallly a part of teh valk itself. this is the picture that has me concerned.

KaDtFRa.jpg

Thank you, antibiotictab, for being there to try out the new YF-30 offering from Bandai and your video-sharing! :D

It looks like (in the video) you had to take the missile box out to transform from battroid to the other modes. Is that true, or just that it came off during transformation?

How about the gunpod mounting? Was there an adapter piece that allows the gunpod to remain connected to the fighter when the missile box is deployed? And is there a way to mount the gunpod on the fighter such that it doesn't interfere with the retraction and deployment of the nose landing gear?

Yes, but that's... clunky.

Thanks so much, Antibiotictab!!! How did it feel in hand? Sturdy? Floppy? Too stiff?