IXTL

Was this a problem with the 171EX? I don't have mine on hand to check but I don't remember this being an issue. Wonder why it would come up now? Could they really have had mild degradation that quickly?

Now available at Amiami (price tag 12500 yen):

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-2966

I believe its been available there for a while as someone previously posted it. Amiami initially restock at over 13k yen and sold out and then restock again at 12,500 yen. Also reason why it's staying longer is that they limit 1 per household including prior purchases and will cancel any multiple orders. As I previously purchased when they restocked at over 13k yen, I am now unable to buy again at their 12,500 yen.

If this happens with the Luca release I'm going to be very annoyed and I'll cancel all my other pre-orders of Bandai units with NY.

Pre-orders should be cheaper than retail, not more expensive.

ain't that the truth! this is why I never look back after I buy something otherwise my display cases would be full of disappointment....

Truth. . .

But I recently unloaded a bunch of my Air Jordan collection, because Nike keeps on reissuing them. . . keeps on decreasing the values of the older releases so I got fed up and got out of the game.

Well this is slightly off topic (only slightly!!!) and its weird that a toy collector asks this question but you collected shoes? Did you wear them of do you display them in glass cabinets like I do with my toys. I don't ask where the fun is to collect shoes because I always have to answer this question regarding my toys. :D

On topic: I think the question is if the toy is worth the price when you preordered it. If the price falls later you have always the peace of mind that the amount of money you spend was ok. I like the VF-171CF very much and the price I payed for it was worth it...

..at least that is what I'm telling myself. ^_^

ain't that the truth! this is why I never look back after I buy something otherwise my display cases would be full of disappointment....

My shelves are full of nothing but sadness and disappointment and depression. :(

Well this is slightly off topic (only slightly!!!) and its weird that a toy collector asks this question but you collected shoes? Did you wear them of do you display them in glass cabinets like I do with my toys. I don't ask where the fun is to collect shoes because I always have to answer this question regarding my toys. :D

That is a fair question, similar question would be why do people collect coins, stamps, baseball cards, etc. when all they do is sit there. To each his own.

Basically if I bought for retail I always wear them. If I bought for aftermarket prices, I usually hold onto it unused. And I have several that I bought aftermarket specifically to wear, but for those I buy used, it's much cheaper (almost by $100).

That being said, shoes are meant to be worn, and toys are meant to be opened and played with/transformed. There are much better things to invest your money in than boxes.

That is a fair question, similar question would be why do people collect coins, stamps, baseball cards, etc. when all they do is sit there. To each his own.

Basically if I bought for retail I always wear them. If I bought for aftermarket prices, I usually hold onto it unused. And I have several that I bought aftermarket specifically to wear, but for those I buy used, it's much cheaper (almost by $100).

That being said, shoes are meant to be worn, and toys are meant to be opened and played with/transformed. There are much better things to invest your money in than boxes.

Similar to you as well as I used to collect air jordans and bought them with the intention to wear. However, as I didn't wear them for a few years, I decided to sell them as shoes will eventually fall apart and thought I must as well get some money back from it before that happens. Luckily for me I sold all of them before Nike went retro crazy. Some didn't go up as much, but I was lucky I sold the AJ6 red/black before it was retroed a second time.

Back to topic, transformed my VF-171 again and the pieces are still holding well. However, I noticed one part of the plastic at the back of battroid mode wearing off that the paint on plastic has been scratch off.

Hi everyone. I ordered one too.

While waiting for my VF-17 to come, I couldn´t resist the amiami price for the VF-171 CF.... It´ll be a nice add to the MacrossF collection :D

Now to hope my proxy doesn´t have any problems.... And the figure neither.... Reading the thread it seems that QC are a little worse than with the Alto release... Or am I just imagining things?

Hi everyone. I ordered one too.

While waiting for my VF-17 to come, I couldn´t resist the amiami price for the VF-171 CF.... It´ll be a nice add to the MacrossF collection :D

Now to hope my proxy doesn´t have any problems.... And the figure neither.... Reading the thread it seems that QC are a little worse than with the Alto release... Or am I just imagining things?

no, they are worse. good luck!

Edited by Negotiator