IXTL

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well, that sucks. The little rotating black triangle piece under the intake everyone breaks? Mine just did when putting it back into fighter mode to box up and sell. Guess I can't ask as much money for it any more. :( That piece lasted only 1.5 transformations, and I was being insanely slow and careful each time due to knowing that piece was fragile...

So, from out of the box, it went from fighter, to GERWALK, to battroid, to deciding to sell it, and about 2/3 of the way back to fighter mode, before that piece snapped off.

And yeesh, that piece wasn't even stressed or anything---I think I may have lightly brushed it with my pinky while slowly moving the shoulder pads into place. Geez Bandai, couldn't you have thought up a more fragile design that's more precariously placed/moved?

oh man, i know their were a few asking for a sale. thought it was perfect since you were thinking of letting it go.

i was about to open mine to transform once before decided whether to keep it or not, but now i'm just leaving it unopened after hearing your experience.

dang from stiff/broken canopys, missing pieces for several members, frustrating to transform, to fragile pieces, QC seems to be all over the place.

Well, I just partly transformed mine to photograph the "black triangle intake piece" in both positions to prove that it can still be transformed/rotated without coming apart---it's just no longer "locked" into place around the pin---it's now merely a friction fit, like the fists or fist covers. It's gone through about 3-4 rotations now (between fighter and battroid positions) and it hasn't popped out yet. I think that's pretty good. Sadly I've had NO offers for it after the little black piece broke.

Also--Negotiator's broke rather differently than mine, and worse. His seems to have crumbled apart, mine basically just had the 'ring' that goes around the pin split.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well, I just partly transformed mine to photograph the "black triangle intake piece" in both positions to prove that it can still be transformed/rotated without coming apart---it's just no longer "locked" into place around the pin---it's now merely a friction fit, like the fists or fist covers. It's gone through about 3-4 rotations now (between fighter and battroid positions) and it hasn't popped out yet. I think that's pretty good. Sadly I've had NO offers for it after the little black piece broke.

Also--Negotiator's broke rather differently than mine, and worse. His seems to have crumbled apart, mine basically just had the 'ring' that goes around the pin split.

i would (if you want to) still post it and see if there is any takers. it sounds like it's still in good condition.

Yes it is, Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that max from M3.

Edit: Yes it is max in his blue vf-4

Wait this s the 171 thread I thought it was vf-4 thread

Edited by Murphy

Need more pics guys :D

I must be very lucky, because i've only had 1 lemon out of 10 different 171 / 171 exes. One Alto 171ex i got had no boob plates :0, but he's in gerwalk anways so I don't care :0

If you can't already tell, i love 171's :D

post-25-0-49350300-1369189329_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-76399600-1369189338_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-98779500-1369189600_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

Guest davidwhangchoi

Need more pics guys :D

I must be very lucky, because i've only had 1 lemon out of 10 171 / 171 exes. One Alto 171ex i got had no boob plates :0, but he's in gerwalk anways so I don't care :0

wow so jealous of your set! good to know most of your valks came safe.

though 1:10 is still a pretty high ratio for faulty/missing parts. added, those who also received ones with missing pieces, seems QC wasn't as tight. i didn't hear much complaints about the vf25g or yf 29 alto's so it could just be a recent thing

(i own a vf-25g, 171 alto, yf29 alto, and 171 CF but haven't opened one yet.)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Damn... I was awaiting to get display cases before opening all the VF-171s but because of all the cries about dmged/missing pieces on the VF-171s I decided to check my valks. I had four delivered like two weeks ago (one from amiami and three from hlj) and I only opened one from hlj. Right out of the box one of four had two pieces cracked.

Damn... kind of late, but sending an inquiry to HLJ now.

post-4919-0-69875500-1369195859_thumb.jpg

post-4919-0-67377400-1369195885_thumb.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just some tight formation....Roger that..

ae87343e-54ea-4d6c-8d3d-0982579514e9_zps

wow, that's an insane collection.

Damn... I was awaiting to get display cases before opening all the VF-171s but because of all the cries about dmged/missing pieces on the VF-171s I decided to check my valks. I had four delivered like two weeks ago (one from amiami and three from hlj) and I only opened one from hlj. Right out of the box one of four had two pieces cracked.

Damn... kind of late, but sending an inquiry to HLJ now.

sorry to see that, NY asking people to ship back the whole toy in order to resolve the problem, i'm wondering if hlj will take care of it without having you expensively ship back the valk. can you keep us updated on how HLJ responds?

That really sucks. Are you sure only 1/4th of them is scarred?

That's the thing. I checked only the few known suspected missing parts: shoulder verniers, cockpit swing arm (battroid mode), the shoulder connections and under carriage sliding cover (two main culprits).

I didn't get to check all the landing gear, battroid heads, poseable manipulators (hands attached to the VF-171s)... etc.

It was a quick 'OMG!', quickly opens all the boxes and pulls them out doing a half ass transformations. One of them did have a slight bend on the corner of the same piece for the shoulder, but on the left side. I could live with that though.

wow, that's an insane collection.

sorry to see that, NY asking people to ship back the whole toy in order to resolve the problem, i'm wondering if hlj will take care of it without having you expensively ship back the valk. can you keep us updated on how HLJ responds?

I hope HLJ doesn't require me to send the item back. I've had them (HLJ) send me replacement parts for Yamato valks in the past, but that was when HLJ was dealing with Yamato. Not sure how Bandaid deals with these issues.

But yea, I'll keep you guys posted.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Given my experience with NY, they were plenty willing to ask Bandai for a replacement part, but I think they got stuck at the Bandai level. I don't think they replace parts, just entire items.

Hopefully HLJ can prove them wrong. If so, I'm going to email them on the off chance they can get me a VF-25G crotch plate.

Oh man, this is redic. While there's nothing wrong with mine.. That I've found.

I think I'm going to sell this baby, can't fathom this money with these problems.

With toys it shouldn't be mo money, mo' problems.

So anyone of you lurkers are in need of one PM me.

I transformed my toy partly to check if the bar was installed. If I remember correctly I deployed the legs and freed the intake covers . After the chest plate was free I was able to rotate the cockpit upwards and check the strut.

It might be possible to determine the missing part while looking into the empty cockpit. On the images with the missing support piece you could see the feet of the pilot. So if you know how the area should look with an installed support bar you might see if it's there.

But transforming it until you can rotate the cockpit is the saver way I think. The hardest part of the transformation is the chest assembly and the arms due to a mysterious door and stiff joints in the arms. Neither area is of concern if you need to rotate the cockpit upward.

You should now what to expect though so I would advice to watch either jenius or Veefs transformation guides or any other video that makes you familiar with the transformation.

I am about to get one from Amiami. I will probably not transform this toy to avoid any breakage.

But I am a little concerned about the under cockpit part. Is it possible to check if the part is there without transforming the toy fully?

I had to partially transform to check mine. These are the items that I check. Black triangle pieces not broken. Tyres all present on all landing gears. The plastic pieces that folds out on the shoulders are present, the plastic pieces that folds out in the chest (I actually had one piece fly off when I remove the legs), and the plastic piece under the cockpit. To check the plastic piece under the cockpit, I had to transform the legs, free the arms so that I can remove the back plate piece so that the chest area can be seperated from the cockpit area to enable to rotate the cockpit up. It's not a lot to do and easily put back to fighter mode after. Once you know how to transform properly, it's actually not that hard to transform it.

Would be interesting to see how the other releases go. There's a chance the RVF-25 will also follow how the VF-171 went in terms of price drop from the premium prices put up. The VF-171 is still readily available in places like Amazon JP.

A lot of us won't be happy if we see the VF-25F selling below the 21,000 yen price being charged by NY. Just have to wait and see.

quite an interesting development. is this bottom???

If it doesn't sell, it will fall again. NY doesn't want to sit on too many stock. If you look at the YF-29 30th anniversary, they drop it from 21,500 to 19,500. After they sold quite a few, they brought the price back to 20,000, and when they sold all but 1 or 2 pieces, the price is back up now at 21,500.

Would like to see how the Alto goes as if you are able to get it at a decent price on release, then you must as well wait for the Ozma to be released if bandai reissue it and if you cannot secure one near RRP on preorder, especially if NY decides to bump up the price by 50% again like the Alto.

Edited by Valk-1S

I was bit also. I was able to glue it so it works ok, just pops off somewhat easily. Sad I spent so much cash on it, but other than that I think it's an excellent piece. I'm one of the weirdos who actually likes the transformation after a couple tries.

post-424-0-87334600-1369290298_thumb.jpg