IXTL

IIRC just add a high amount of items into your shopping cart (i.e. 99 pieces). The website will then tell you how many are actually available.

[edit: ] All this news about crumbled die-cast parts on the shoulders seems to indicate that somethings was wrong with the metal for this specific part. It seems you have to be extra careful with the die-cast shoulder bits when handling the toy. Weird that all other parts made out of metal seem to be fine.

Those awful Chinese factories. :(

Edited by Scyla

IIRC just add a high amount of items into your shopping cart (i.e. 99 pieces). The website will then tell you how many are actually available.

Adding high amount on the cart only work sometimes. It appears to work mainly for preorders while for in stock items I found you need to add a number that lets you add to your cart, and from the cart, you keep clicking on the + icon until it gives you an error message to tell you you reach the maximum stock they have.

Thanks for the clarification. I never used that because one Valkyrie of every type is all I need. ^_^

That's what I used to say, then I took a valk to the knee.

On topic, one of my 171 had a rather tough hand to extract. The move where you push in the elbow did not extend the wrist even a little, that was a bit hairy.

If it doesn't sell, it will fall again. NY doesn't want to sit on too many stock. If you look at the YF-29 30th anniversary, they drop it from 21,500 to 19,500. After they sold quite a few, they brought the price back to 20,000, and when they sold all but 1 or 2 pieces, the price is back up now at 21,500.

I really haven't been monitoring price and stock at NY until now. I guess I will keep an eye on that. Too much time and too few valkyries on hand.

Got a response from HLJ, just not sure which option to go with:

Hi--

Thanks for writing, and thanks for sending the photos. We're sorry the item has
defective pieces.

Unfortunately, we are not able to get replacement parts for these items, and it
is out of stock and discontinued so a replacement item cannot be sent. You can
either return the item to us, complete in its packaging with all its pieces, for
a full refund (that means the cost of the item, its share of the shipping cost
from us to you, AND your cost to return it to us).

Or, if you'd rather keep the item, we could give you a 25% refund of its
cost--which would be 2975 yen--either sent to your PayPal account or as store
credit, which would be automatically applied to your next payable transaction.

Please let me know which you would prefer; if you want to return the item, I'll
send instructions for an authorized return at that time.

Thanks for shopping with HobbyLink Japan.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got a response from HLJ, just not sure which option to go with:

Hi--

Thanks for writing, and thanks for sending the photos. We're sorry the item has

defective pieces.

Unfortunately, we are not able to get replacement parts for these items, and it

is out of stock and discontinued so a replacement item cannot be sent. You can

either return the item to us, complete in its packaging with all its pieces, for

a full refund (that means the cost of the item, its share of the shipping cost

from us to you, AND your cost to return it to us).

Or, if you'd rather keep the item, we could give you a 25% refund of its

cost--which would be 2975 yen--either sent to your PayPal account or as store

credit, which would be automatically applied to your next payable transaction.

Please let me know which you would prefer; if you want to return the item, I'll

send instructions for an authorized return at that time.

Thanks for shopping with HobbyLink Japan.

wow, that's really nice of them to cover shipping to return.

i would return it and get a refund if it's in unacceptable condition, and then if you want to take another risk, re-buy @ NY for 15000yen right now, or have the option to just keep your money in pocket.

but hlj is awesome!!!!

wow, that's really nice of them to cover shipping to return.

i would return it and get a refund if it's in unacceptable condition, and then if you want to take another risk, re-buy @ NY for 15000yen right now, or have the option to just keep your money in pocket.

but hlj is awesome!!!!

That's why I LOVE HLJ.

HLJ has always had the best customer service, they are just slow to ship sometimes and possibly higher in price on some items. But at least when things like this happens they take good care of you.

I was bit also. I was able to glue it so it works ok, just pops off somewhat easily. Sad I spent so much cash on it, but other than that I think it's an excellent piece. I'm one of the weirdos who actually likes the transformation after a couple tries.

attachicon.gifIMGP6567.JPG

Mine had the same part break. I bought at Nippon-Yasan.com

they asked for pics and a barcode.

no word back yet.

Who/where has the best prices on the teal armor pack? For that matter, is this even available yet...? I haven't kept up closely, but now that I have my VF-171 in hand, I think I'll go all the way with it.

I'm not sure about who has the best prices, but NY has been a pretty solid source for ordering the packs directly for the other releases. They're not going to gouge anyone on those, since they're just putting together an order to send directly to Bandai, from what I understand.

After the release, it's anyone's guess as to how high the prices will go.

Mine had the same part break. I bought at Nippon-Yasan.com

they asked for pics and a barcode.

no word back yet.

They will not respond, you have to contact them again and they will tell you to mail the item back on your dime so they can send it back to bandai. Up to you if that's worth it or not.

This is all the stuff that is not in cases lol. I am using a folding table in the living room to mess with a bunch of valks. I got a lot more, but choose not to post pics until I have everything how I want it.

They will not respond, you have to contact them again and they will tell you to mail the item back on your dime so they can send it back to bandai. Up to you if that's worth it or not.

That's what happened. If I send it back do they credit my account for purchase price? send me out a new one? Or do i wait for Bandai to fix it, then mine comes back?