IXTL

I got my cancelation from NY, and all my orders cancelled.

It feels good to save 100$.

Luckily I have another account that I ordered the Tamashii exclusives on

So I can still get those. But regular releases... No more.

I actually have the 25A on pre-order from HLJ, so as far as Frontier

Is concerned I'm done until the 30.

So anyone on MW have one in hand and can snap some shots?

Nin Nin can keep it. Not only do they charge way too much ($50+ over retail before shipping), but my experience with the way they pack their boxes for registered SAL shipping was disappointing to say the least. I'll never do business with those clowns again.

OK, going by the instructions---they removed the built-in foldable gunpod holder, and replaced it with a separate clear green piece that has nowhere to go in most modes? That seems incredibly "backwards".

Also, the page of instructions after the stand, but before the FAST packs---what's that all about? Tips for going back to fighter mode?

OK, going by the instructions---they removed the built-in foldable gunpod holder, and replaced it with a separate clear green piece that has nowhere to go in most modes? That seems incredibly "backwards".

Also, the page of instructions after the stand, but before the FAST packs---what's that all about? Tips for going back to fighter mode?

On the first point, That's been one of the big things making me apprehensive about this for a while now. It sort of exemplifies the minimum effort approach Bandai took to this "update." They put the support bar that holds up the back half in gerwalk mode in the original gunpod holders hing point, so rather than make a multi-function bar (like on the VF-25's) or modify the gunpod, they just threw in a little bracket that just pegs in existing holes in the arms.

As for the extra page, I have no idea what's going on with the neck shot. but the rest appears to be pointing out how to get the shoulder blocks around the tiny tabs on the back plate that are meant to keep them properly alined in fighter mode. The original VF-27 didn't have those but the renewal 25's do.

Edited by anime52k8

Obon holidays aren't till Wednesday though. Kinda odd since none of the other retailers are facing the same problem. :p

Well, to be fair this is the full reply I got when I enquired about the delay:

Dear Xxxx,

we will receive it today. Unfortunately Bandai had to divide the shipments for this item and we could not get it earlier.

Please note that anyway we will be able to ship it out from 18th on since from tomorrow morning we will be closed for the Japanese Obon holidays. Maybe stores in Japan are closed since this morning, and this is actually the reason for the late delivery.

Xxxxx

EDIT: They just shipped my order anyway. :D

Edited by Tober

To be honest, I find it unacceptable that a company that mainly caters to international customers can take a longer holiday compared to online retailers that service the domestic market (Amiami, HS). I don't see the numerous bank and IT call centres closing down for major festivals here since their primary clientele are not from the country. They could've at least arranged shifts to ensure all paid-for items are shipped out before they go for a holiday.

/end of rant.

I'm just pissed off coz it's gonna take more than a week to get my hands on a VF-27. :(

It looks like the extra clip is just an option and that you can still attach the gun directly to the arms like the VF-25. Can anyone who has it comment on the difference between using the clip and not?

After recently getting the RVF-25 as my first Bandai Valk ever and as my first Frontier Valk, I've decided I also really like the look of this VF-27.

I'm hoping HLJ is going to have some more stock available, but if not, I might just have to resort to nin-nin, even at their crazy mark-up (still beats current eBay prices, though).

Edited by alldarker

After recently getting the RVF-25 as my first Bandai Valk ever and as my first Frontier Valk, I've decided I also really like the look of this VF-27.

I'm hoping HLJ is going to have some more stock available, but if not, I might just have to resort to nin-nin, even at their crazy mark-up (still beats current eBay prices, though).

Hop on the Bandai bandwagon! Eventually you will cave in for the whole squad!

Hop on the Bandai bandwagon! Eventually you will cave in for the whole squad!

Yeah, I'm kinda scared I'll get that urge sooner or later :unsure: I've got the Yf-29 on pre-order as well...

Looks like it's going to be a pretty expensive collection, coming into it late, though. And as a lurker, I've watched many a 'Bandai pre-order chaos thread' on these boards... Jumping into those Bandai pre-orders really doesn't seem like much fun, compared to Yamato / Arcadia Valks.

Edited by alldarker