IXTL

They DID add the missing stripe on the top of the nacelles, so they at least fixed ONE of the stripe omissions. (though the one on the hip guns is IMHO more obvious and much harder to do for the end-user)

The "Antares 101" markings on the shield seem superfluous and garish, the ones on the sides of the outboard engines are nice though. I sure hope the CF version just goes ahead and prints "102" on it, instead of a multi-choice sticker-sheet like last time. Unless they include multiple head options, "102" is the only correct choice, as 302 has the "standard" head. (ret-conned, as the CG animation model only exists for the commander-type head)

(plus, 102 is the only CF-colored VF-27 that we actually see its modex number on-screen)

To all those complaining about not securing one. All I have to say is: Come on, if you really wanted one of these and you didn't get one by now, you honestly weren't trying very hard. There were so many release windows from NY and others sellers, more so than for any recent Frontier release..

(Really want = willing to pay higher than retail price mark up).

Graham

Sadly it's the current state of affairs that unless you want to gamble on a crap shoot that you'll be able to get this at retaill or lower than retail later on after release, you have to be prepared to pay higher than retail with preorders.

Graham

Sadly it's the current state of affairs that unless you want to gamble on a crap shoot that you'll be able to get this at retaill or lower than retail later on after release, you have to be prepared to pay higher than retail with preorders.

Graham

Happens with most figures and collectible sadly...picked up some dc play arts figures and it's the same deal...it's either a piece of mind that you have it secured it pennies possibly saved...either way its a question of whether your time or money is more valuable

I've seen countless J-blog reviews on this unit and pretty much I've decided this is really not something I want. The finish looks cheap, the mold is 4-years old and not up to par with the 29 / renewals / 171's and the vf-27 in general no longer tickles my fancy. Just ended up selling my HLJ preorder to one of my collector buddies in NYC who will end up paying for it tonight / monday when HLJ's invoices go out.

wait, i thought this WAS a renewal model (it looks different, no? at the hips etc), not just rerelease with fast packs? did i miss something? haven't really kept track since i preordered.

Since the orginal VF-27 was halfway through renewal, I think they just updated it to that extent. Seems to me most of the major parts are the same, unless someone comes out with a side by side comparison. I think they just updated the hips, neck, hands, put the strut to hold the back during gerwalk and pedicured the toenails black and might be a few more others. Nonetheless I bought it cause I didn't even have the first one.

By the way can anyone understand how the gun attaches during fighter mode in the review? Something is sticking out of the arm, is it a removable part or integrated? Same for the shoulder joints, they seem to be different too.

Feels good doesn't it haha.

I dunno....

Nobody stuck a gun to his head and forced him to preorder everything at a price he didn't want to pay.

Everyone who bitches about NY willingly clicked through the whole order process to completion so I really have no sympathy for any of them.

It's not really about "sympathy".

Obviously, if you want an item and their is only one place to get it has a big mark-up, you kind of have to get it.

It feels good to find the item elsewhere and not have to deal with NY.

The general trend is that these Bandai Valks are getting easier to obtain, and being scalped by NY BEFORE it even comes out is bullshit.

I cancelled all my preorders after the VF-25f, not so much over the price but because of other issues on top of being scalped.

It's easy to say you don't give a sh1t when you're saving $100 bucks, but I don't know how helpful it is...

Edited by Gakken85

It's true. I even payed a marked up price of $500 usd on Alto (new) and $400 usd on Ozma (used). Really want them and time for me is essense and the worry of not getting second chance.

To all those complaining about not securing one. All I have to say is: Come on, if you really wanted one of these and you didn't get one by now, you honestly weren't trying very hard. There were so many release windows from NY and others sellers, more so than for any recent Frontier release..

(Really want = willing to pay higher than retail price mark up).

Graham

Guest davidwhangchoi

I dunno....

Nobody stuck a gun to his head and forced him to preorder everything at a price he didn't want to pay.

Everyone who bitches about NY willingly clicked through the whole order process to completion so I really have no sympathy for any of them.

Sympathy? why would he need that? he just saved money and closed his account. Sounds condescending.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

What? Condescension on an internet forum? No way! :p

VF-27 looks kinda disappointing. I have one on preorder at HLJ since I never got the 1st release. Hopefully it'll look better once I have it in my hands, but I'm not setting my expectations too high with this one.

Especially disappointed at the reuse of the crappy old pilot and amputee Ranka.

wait, i thought this WAS a renewal model (it looks different, no? at the hips etc), not just rerelease with fast packs? did i miss something? haven't really kept track since i preordered.

I had originally considered it a renewal due to the upgraded shoulders, neck, and hips, but then I realized what it was lacking for me to really consider it a true renewal. The VF-25 renewals had the extra time taken to add in the surface details that was in the line art and the 1/72 models.

This new VF-27 release still only has the minimal details visible in the renders for the show, where the 1/72 model had much more surface detail. Fighter mode is going to look rather plain when sitting next to the VF-25 renewals.

I don't get it? A few pages ago, most everyone were all excited about this and wanting it. We all knew what this was going to look like as it has been well documented already. If someone thought it was a pure renewal and ordered it, then that is their mistake, as this thread has, SEVERAL times, gone over exactly what this release was. Just confused by the sudden hate??

Chris

Edited by Dobber

so basically it IS a renewal (even if it isn't up to some people's standards for what it could have been), upgrading things most people complained about, the hips probably being the primary one. The shoulders neck and hands certainly look better. perhaps the detailing is a let down but i can't see how this isn't better in almost every way than the V1 (even if they did reuse certain parts) so i'm still considering this a renewal. Anyway, seems I'll keep my V1 (unless you guys think i really could get something for it) and leave it in fighter mode and have this one in battroid. it'll make a nice display that way i think.