IXTL

The release date for this one is August the 10th right? HLJ still posts the end of August but the also have the VF-1S reissue from Arcadia as an August release so I don't think I can trust them regarding dates. :D

Hi guys. If I´m correct, the "V1" VF-27 has some of the fixes that came later to the renewals, isn´t it?

The swivel point for gerwalk, for example?. And the crotch lock, it seems to be better than the V1 VF-25 at least...

I´m planning on getting a V1, when they go down in price, once the renewal is released.

Any opinions?

Edited by Astro_BS-AS

I assume this will have enough stock when it's released. I'm seeing the 25f at reasonable prices. It remains to be seen at what price the 27 will go for...the remaining stock of 25Gs went when the rvf was released...couldn't nab a second...

where are you seeing vf25f at reasonable price?

Hi guys. If I´m correct, the "V1" VF-27 has some of the fixes that came later to the renewals, isn´t it?

The swivel point for gerwalk, for example?. And the crotch lock, it seems to be better than the V1 VF-25 at least...

I´m planning on getting a V1, when they go down in price, once the renewal is released.

Any opinions?

It's not bad at all in fighter mode, and yes, the legs are much improved over the original VF-25. It's a huge improvement all around over the early Bandai DX valks. If you plan to keep it in battroid though, the new one looks like it will be a much better version, just due to the revised leg and head positions.

I can't say much about the crotch lock on the old one though. It's pretty much the same as the original VF-25 one, and while it might be a little better, I think people have still reported it popping loose, and their battroids falling over backwards. Not that it's impossible for that to happen with the new versions either, but the new one's hip position is just much better.

The thing about Bandai valks is that while Yamato is confident that their valks can stand on their own, Bandai includes a stand for a reason. While they'll hold up for a while to pose, they just don't seem to be designed to be displayed without support. Their joints just don't have the strength to stand for extended periods.

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow was shipping that high to make it close to 285-290 shipped or was the starting price point high?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well NY's base price was 250$, so add shipping and there is the number.

not everyone's price point was 250 for ny. the prices for NY rose in increments. and 250 was the final number after several rounds.

Mine came out to be ¥25,590 after shipping. That was using the cheaper SAL air shipping option instead of EMS or FedEx. I kept waiting to pay mine, seeing if the exchange rate would go back closer to 100 yen to the dollar, but ever since last week, it has been dropping a little bit each day. I finally said screw it and paid it before it got worse. I'm sure after bank fees and exchange rates are involved, it will end up costing me around $270-280.

LOL! they do it to make us buy more stuff....

I have nothing against sales but I was hoping I could get the VF-27 early since the sales are usually held at the end of the month. How wrong I was. :p

Amiami and HS both have 3 weekdays off next week but I don't know if HLJ will be closed as well. Here's to another round of waiting!

Edited by neoexcaliber