ROBOTECH- VALKYRIE PROYECTO

Bravo Sir!

Now PLEASE put that up over at RT.com.

lol, perish the thought. RT.com is a commercial website, not a place for frank discussions. I can't fault the staff there for removing people who criticize the company's actions, however legitimate those criticisms may be. If I were to walk inside of Walmart and begin informing other customers of Walmart's questionable business practices, the staff would have every right to remove me from the premises. It's in a company's best interest to maintain a pleasant atmosphere for its general patrons.

Though, I wish RT.com would be honest about their policies; it'd make life easier for everyone involved. RT.com tries portray itself as a place welcome to open and honest discussions, yet company critics are treated as persona non grata. Either inform visitors that strong criticisms against Harmony Gold and its staff will not be tolerated, or allow a laissez-faire environment. You can't have it both ways. Going back to the Walmart example, Walmart would have no problem explaining that company critics are not welcome on their premises. But for some reason, RT.com insists on maintaining this feeble charade of impartiality.

Moron and Mav are making the claim that it's Big West simply to direct all the hate towards the Macross franchise, and of course Big West. You have to remember that these two guys, no matter what they say in forums, privately have stated that there's a "war of the two franchises" (stupid, I know). As strange as that is, that is how they think, which most likely maybe why instead of asking logical questions from the staff at HG, which they are in contact with, go with the furthest speculation they can think of, and the one that makes the least amount of sense. While it hasn't done much but show their ignorance, they are so far up this ONE speculation, they won't back down out of fear of losing face (although, to most, that's long since happened). Kevin's latest comment on their, as clever as he thinks he is, has pretty much answered the question as a yes, even though it appears he lacks reading comprehension and can't understand simple yes or no closed questions. Once he says "We need to protect our interests......" it came from them. Creavision, while at first they said Big West (probably at the direction of Memo) they have since retracted that statement. I don't see them retracting the statements that it came from HG, nor do I see HG going after them for libel if it's not true. Also, by their actions of dropping Robotech from their FB page, it does appear that there is some bad beef between the two, which is further signs of where it came from. It seems like a wrapped case, and since we can't argue with stupid, arguing with the mods there won't change anything. They're in the ignorance too deep, and too far up HG to really see how idiotic they sound.

BTW, while it does suck for this project to be shut down, while I may not like HG's direction, their staff, etc., I do feel they were in their right to shut it down. Sure, they're gonna get more hate and lose more fans, but they are within their rights. Maybe doing a fan work as a legit company is a conflict that their legal team became privy of, and had to stop it? As they say "Shtuff" happens.

You know, if the basic premise remains but they'll change the names and the designs of the fighters, etc... they'll have been forced to do precisely what Harmony Gold can't. Fix Robotech. That's amusing. I hope they find someone with good ideas for designing transformable fighters.

Careful....Maverick_LSC has it all figured out regarding the C&D ... :blink:

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=2187907&forumid=31&pagenumber=7#post

He can also probably figure out where Elvis and admit to being the man on the grassy knoll too... :rolleyes:

What is with this guy's and soME MOron's obession with Big West? They are the only two holding on to that for dear life......

The creepiest part is spent time making a transcript of the recent episode Macross SpeakerPODcast so he can be "right"........

It never ends......

Where can I watch Macross Plus legally? That's where everyone says I should start at....

Edited by Zen72

• 1 month later...

So... yeah, they killed the "Alternative" project too.

Estimados Amigos:

Les informamos que debido a diversas circunstancias, algunas de ellas ajenas a nuestra voluntad, nos vemos imposibilitados de continuar con el desarrollo del denominado “proyecto Valkiria”.

Bien saben Uds., porque asi lo hemos mencionado desde un principio, que aquel era un proyecto que no procuraba fines de lucro. Sin embargo, el crecimiento que había comenzado a desarrollar y alcanzar, nos exigía requerimientos especificos, a cuyos recursos eran imposible acceder, sino lo efectuamos bajo otra mirada.

Proyecto Valkiria siempre fue un proyecto sin fines de lucro, y jamas con él, hemos lucrado, o intentado hacerlo.

Por ello, con algun dejo de nostalgia, pero con la responsabilidad y el convencimiento que lo que vendrá será mejor aún, nos vemos obligados a informar que decidimos dar por concluido completamente el proyecto VALKIRIA.

Cabe destacar que esta es una decision completamente asumida desde nuestra propia conciencia, y nadie nos ha obligado a hacerlo.

La buena noticia para darles, es que ya mismo estamos abocados a nuevos proyectos, los que oportunamente serán dados a conocer.

Las novedades las iremos publicando en nuestros sitios oficiales de

Creavision. www.facebook.com/creavisionfilms
Twitter :@creavisionfilms

Les agradacemos enormemente todo el apoyo brindado durante todos estos años. Y reiteramos, estén atenteos a los nuevos proyectos en los que estamos trabajando, y que pronto llegarán a vuestra pantalla.

Muchas Gracias
Cesar A. Turturro
Creavision films.

https://www.facebook.com/pvalkiria/posts/862687460414466?stream_ref=10

They cancel the project because they don't have the resources to make original content.

Ok.

it was fun while it lasted....

According to the statement, it was never intended to be profitable, or for profit. So, why would funding matter now?

They would still be able to do it on their spare time.

They're forced to either try to retool all the CGI and live action work they've spent years developing at their own expense into a original concept to avoid legal action or abandon it altogether and any future personal expense needed just to salvage it. Again, just like UEG Productions.

They're forced to either try to retool all the CGI and live action work they've spent years developing at their own expense into a original concept to avoid legal action or abandon it altogether and any future personal expense needed just to salvage it. Again, just like UEG Productions.

Oh Robotech. Not single ounce of creativity. Not even among their fans.

Dammit. I love Robotech more than most guys, but this is some lowbrow crap. Bad HG! Bad!

Meh... it's an ass-covering maneuver.

Some management flunky probably realized that if Harmony Gold was officially endorsing a Macross-based Robotech fan film, it could possibly be viewed as an attempt by them to do an end run around Studio Nue and Big West's copyrights, and decided to kill the film project to protect themselves from a possible lawsuit.

The only tragedy here is that so many creative people wasted their time, money, and energy on a creatively bankrupt franchise like Robotech because their pattern recognition skills suck. <_<

As Radiohead once opined... "You do it to yourself, and that's what really hurts."... and boy did they ever.

It's kind of miraculous it ever got this far. I would wager that this project was killed because someone at either WB or HG read their contract with each other and said "This is in violation of our deal, it needs to end." I doubt it had anything to do with SN or BW although they will always make convenient scapegoats for HG.

I would wager that this project was killed because someone at either WB or HG read their contract with each other and said "This is in violation of our deal, it needs to end." I doubt it had anything to do with SN or BW although they will always make convenient scapegoats for HG.

Some of us came to that conclusion way before the time stamp of this statement.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37082&p=1098010

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37082&p=1099634

Anyone who says they're "investigating the issue" or still thinking that line that Big West had any involvement with this should serious "talk" to us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

Wow, apparently speakerPODcast is now part of the conspiracy! (*facepalm*)

Since the thread on the topic at RT was closed to inactivity, it seems mav is desperate to resurrect the issue.

so basically you sent out the C&D, wow i didn't know your podcast was that powerful. why does everyone keep giving that site attention. They're a bunch of powerless stooges. i know people like that. there's no point of giving them attention.

It sad that their lives are lived out to defend a crap company.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's fun to point at them and laugh...

haha... yeah, it's pretty funny... but for some strange reason i feel like they're stooping low that any attention makes them happy. i mean they're listening to MW podcasts!!!

trying to find something to defend themselves. i think their biggest fear is if site is overlooked and no one posts or visits. it's like watching Donald Sterling trying to convince the world he's not a racist.