ROBOTECH- VALKYRIE PROYECTO

This shows that in this type of short films or fans films is best done well publish it runs the web, Without asking permission or anything. Since then repent and you happen to like an idiot. "Better to ask forgiveness than permission"(It is a proverb, which is used with the girls here). And apparently, HG behaves like a girl. really is a shame these little short show that you can do anything with a little effort and if anything will really like.

On this page I think we've all seen that.

The ironic thing is, if they'd been doing a fanfilm about literally anything else, they would likely have been fine. Star Wars, Batman, Pokemon, Ghostbusters, I've seen fanfilms about all these things and none of them ever have ever been interfered with.

Probably has something to do with their great CG work. Despite the fan film status, their work and new story line didn't make them amateur. Some of their veritech work, and those details that were overlooked could have been easily fixed. Imagine the possibility of an action sequence with the veritechs and battle pods going at it. Would be quite entertaining. I would overlook the blocky veritech all day long (maybe)

The ironic thing is, if they'd been doing a fanfilm about literally anything else, they would likely have been fine. Star Wars, Batman, Pokemon, Ghostbusters, I've seen fanfilms about all these things and none of them ever have ever been interfered with.

+1

+1

I'd also add that most of those franchises are owned by investors and or large corporations.

You have to remember HG is a tiny little baby company who's got short man syndrome. I think they

are overly aggressive, because they really don't have much in the way of capital to actually fight a large legal

battle.

Point in case..

HG sues Hasbro for making a repainted F-14 look like "Jet Fire".

On these grounds alone, it's a losing battle, but they try anyway.

They end up "settling" per HG. HG claimed Hasbro had to stop selling

Them or the lawsuit would commence. Hasbro stops selling them.

2 months later Hasbro Toy Shop unleashes 100's of unsold Jetfire repaints.

No lawsuit.

They just run their mouth, and hope to legal scare people.

Any company dumb enough to think that a Hasbro owned toy design,

Licensed from a Japanese toy company, for a Hasbro owned character

Is infringement on a ultimately unknown 80's cartoon called Robotech

With no current products on the market, would ever win in court. Is a company ran

By idiots.

In example of HG not giving a crap about its interests, but still bullying.

Remember I have given this project grief, because the CGI wasn't that good?

Well at least it's not a drawing, exactly of a shitty Toynami Toy!

scpZThm.jpg

Same as..

Toynami-Superposeable-VF-1-4.jpg

And the destroyed Regult.. Err "Battle Pod" has backwards leg.

Yeah HG is really worried about thier interests.

Edited by skullmilitia

I remember there was a petition to get Steve Yun fired once some years ago done by a nut job who actually believed himself to be Scott Bernard... :rolleyes:

Really par for the course over there, a recent post said that Pacific Rim was simply a way to test the waters for the LAM...

Really par for the course over there, a recent post said that Pacific Rim was simply a way to test the waters for the LAM...

Not so much that Pacific Rim was released with Robotech in mind, and more if Pacific Rim succeeded then Robotech *might* get shoved through the door and made. What links them is they are both Legendary projects.

Creavision thought about using the F-14 and apparently got shot down by Grumman.... so they have gone the route of designing their own mecha/planes and I would assume a whole new story with the new name Proyecto Valkyria...

Three years of work....two episodes....took less than a month to dismantle by the boys in L.A. .... ("marks" will keep saying it was all Big West's fault...)

I think the one mistake was taking the Los Angeles based operation as a serious company that would actually go through with legal threats...

That one is our fault, as I remember joking to that effect whwn the PacRim plot was forst announced. :)

Creavision thought about using the F-14 and apparently got shot down by Grumman.... so they have gone the route of designing their own mecha/planes and I would assume a whole new story with the new name Proyecto Valkyria...

Three years of work....two episodes....took less than a month to dismantle by the boys in L.A. .... ("marks" will keep saying it was all Big West's fault...)

I really don't think Creavision will recover from this.

Also, compared to the lengths they've gone through with deflecting other embarrassing moments with Harmony Gold, since they choose to go this route the marks should be doing a better job at publicly trashing Big West for this. Nothings stopped them before.

That's BS that Grumman shut them down. I don't think a small little fan film using the F-14 would make them even look their way. I think either HG lied to Creavision, or Creavision is lying for whatever reason. So far, all of Creavision's lying hasn't added up to any logic, I suspect this is the same. Someone challenge them to prove Grumman cares enough to shut down their project, especially since it hasn't even started. I think they need some toilet paper to clean their mouth from all the B.S. they've brought.

can i get the cliffnotes on this thread? i aint got the patience to stift thru 13 pages of drama. what happened between pages 1 & 13 on this stuff? I have not idea why the font dropped to this?

At this point, it makes absolutely no difference what happeneod. Either HG shut it down or they didn't. It was an unlicenced fanwork based on a zombified franchise. If money was lost, then it's money that should have either gone into an original work, or licensing. I don't like HG either, but this project was clearly doomed to this outcome from the start.

Edited by Keith

It's true. You'll never see someone get a project from the show or title it was based on unless it was original like Saw or Paranormal Activity. And the idea has to be really cheap for the studios to even take a chance on it. The problem with this project was that the ambition was bigger than the outcome. Why did they even ask for permission instead of of just releasing it when it was done and why release it in three parts? This was done so that they can hype it up.

If they would have just put it out there completed and maybe all three parts at once (or just days inbetween) then I think they would have gotten the same amount the attention from the fans. The problem again was that they wanted studio type hysteria and it backfired. It was a great effort for a fan film but I think some fans bought into the hype too much and thought they could get to work on the actual live action version(?)

They'll probably get some sort of low budget work out of it at best. If they were able to do anything better I don't think it was ever showcased in the short or would have been in the third unreleased part. Maybe HG is trying to stay in their good side in case they want to use them for future projects. I think there they'll both be beneficial for each other but if they do that, I don't think either of them will go any further than that because the quality will remain unimpressive.

can i get the cliffnotes on this thread? i aint got the patience to stift thru 13 pages of drama. what happened between pages 1 & 13 on this stuff? I have not idea why the font dropped to this?

Fans from Argentina had their dreams crushed by legalities after 3 years of hard work and people in the Spanish speaking world are acting like this hasn't happened before with Robotech.

At this point, it makes absolutely no difference what happeneod. Either HG shut it down or they didn't. It was an unlicenced fanwork based on a zimbified franchise. If money was lost, then it's money that should have either gone into an original work, or licensing. I don't lije HG either, but this project was clearly doomed to this outcome from the start.

Clearly. Interesting, we actually agree on something.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been refraining from posting anything else until Creavision got their act together, what with all of those contradictory statements concerning Big West and Harmony Gold. But it finally looks like the dust has settled and the project has been renamed from Robotech: Valkyrie Project to Proyecto Valkiria. The Proyecto Valkiria Facebook page has something interesting (at least to me) to say:

Friends, due to copyright issues, we can not use the characters from Macross / Robotech, as such, will replace them all, and substantially modify the script. Valkirira project will not have anything to do with Macross / Robotech universe. We are designing our own mechas. Of course those who do not want to see our updates for this reason, can remove the "like" site. Thank you very much!

After reading this message, it's clear to me that Harmony Gold must've sent the order to cease-and-desist, not Big West. If Big West did send out the C&D, then Robotech: Valkyrie Project could have continued on, sans any references to SDF Macross. The title could have remained unchanged, the VF-1's could have been replaced with Alphas, and the Zentraedi mecha replaced with Invid mecha. But, according to their statement, Creavision can't use any elements from the Robotech universe. Not even material that's completely independent of SDF Macross, such as the Invid. Moreover, Creavision can't even use the name Robotech in their title anymore. These are all components that Big West has absolutely no jurisdiction over, so Big West could not have sent the C&D. The only companies that currently have any film rights to Robotech are Harmony Gold and Warner Bros. Since Creavision never mentioned Warner Bros., I'm excluding them from this analysis. So, that leaves only one party who could've been responsible for the C&D: Harmony Gold.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

I've been refraining from posting anything else until Creavision got their act together, what with all of those contradictory statements concerning Big West and Harmony Gold. But it finally looks like the dust has settled and the project has been renamed from Robotech: Valkyrie Project to Proyecto Valkiria. The Proyecto Valkiria Facebook page has something interesting (at least to me) to say:

After reading this message, it's clear to me that Harmony Gold must've sent the order to cease-and-desist, not Big West. If Big West did send out the C&D, then Robotech: Valkyrie Project could have continued on, sans any references to SDF Macross. The title could have remained unchanged, the VF-1's could have been replaced with Alphas, and the Zentraedi mecha replaced with Invid mecha. But, according to their statement, Creavision can't use any elements from the Robotech universe. Not even material that's completely independent of SDF Macross, such as the Invid. Moreover, Creavision can't even use the name Robotech in their title anymore. These are all components that Big West has absolutely no jurisdiction over, so Big West could not have sent the C&D. The only companies that currently have any film rights to Robotech are Harmony Gold and Warner Bros. Since Creavision never mentioned Warner Bros., I'm excluding them from this analysis. So, that leaves only one party who could've been responsible for the C&D: Harmony Gold.

Bravo Sir!

Now PLEASE put that up over at RT.com.

I've been saying as much for a while as now, but apparently I've set off their 'red flag.'

http://robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=2187907&forumid=31&pagenumber=6

(seems like those folks don't take well to a dose of their own double standards)

Edited by Tochiro

What I find odd is that Maverick_LSC has his own podcast (which he cohosts with Memo and Doug Bendo), called Robotech World (available here: http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=92340&cmd=tc ) and Kevin McKeever has been a guest on it several times.

If he is so eager to get to the bottom of the "mystery," why not get an official statement from Mr. McKeever about who was behind the C&D, either on his podcast or on the Robotech forums.

If Mr. McKeever, for whatever reason CANNOT speak about it, then he himself should be more understanding of your position.

What I find odd is that Maverick_LSC has his own podcast (which he cohosts with Memo and Doug Bendo), called Robotech World (available here: http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=92340&cmd=tc ) and Kevin McKeever has been a guest on it several times.

If he is so eager to get to the bottom of the "mystery," why not get an official statement from Mr. McKeever about who was behind the C&D, either on his podcast or on the Robotech forums.

If Mr. McKeever, for whatever reason CANNOT speak about it, then he himself should be more understanding of your position.

But that would require him to actually answer the question of "did HG send the C&D?" Notice how he keeps harping on Tochiro instead of answering that question put to him by other RT members. Misdirection, misdirection, misdirection by the usual suspects.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Bravo Sir!

Now PLEASE put that up over at RT.com.

I've been saying as much for a while as now, but apparently I've set off their 'red flag.'

(snip)

(seems like those folks don't take well to a dose of their own double standards)

don't link them and give their site any attention. they clearly won't see any side except HG's.

if i had a dad who everyone in school thought was a jerk and people were talking bad about him, would i admit it and join in? no, even if it's true... my public position would be to defend my own family, i would be a bigger shame if i joined in and talked openly negative about my dad in public. what anyone would do is get angry defensive and defend blindly. RT can't do anything but side with HG so it's futile. but the truth is so obvious how embarrassing HG is.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I've heard that and his other podcast before, and no matter what they think it's definitely not their strong suit. And why escalate a manufactured "mystery" started by two delusional old men whom they always have to save every time they do something stupid "helpful?"

Edited by Einherjar