The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

It's not supposed to be a Bay reference... at least the toy isn't.

While 90% of the toy's design is an updated G1 Whirl/Dorvack, the knees and head are inspired by IDW's take on Whirl (who has become a favorite character in the already-great character-driven Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye).

attachicon.giftumblr_mn137g5OqU1rakp9oo6_1280.png

And his knees aren't simply backwards-bent like a Gerwalk (although I think they should be in his "heliped" mode. Properly transformed, there's two joints, as in the comic book.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140502_210731.jpg

yeah i'm not into the idw mtmte stuff so the knee design isn't fo rme. i also figured the double jointed knee looks best (to me) without usign the second joint. it just looks bad t ome tha tway and makes him a bit shorter which i didn't like. i wish they could have just stuck to the g1 whirl/dorvack design adn aesthetic and released a separate mtmte whirl later (tomahawk with the headrobots drone conversion kit looks more mtmte to me that this this does anyway). oh well..not taht it will ever happen but i wish an mp g1 whirl would be made. doubt we'd get one based on the origina ljapanese series (like cm did for roadbuster/mugen caliber) either.

I have a quick question. Has anyone experience with ordering from Reprolables?

I want to order some faction sticker sheets but I'm not certain what to do exactly. From the sparse information I gathered I came up with this.

1. Mail them your order and shipping address to delta@reprolabels.com
  2. Put the items of your order into the shopping card at their web site
  3. Pay through Paypal

Is this the way to do it?

Edited by Scyla

I have a quick question. Has anyone experience with ordering from Reprolables?

I want to order some faction sticker sheets but I'm not certain what to do exactly. From the sparse information I gathered I came up with this.

1. Mail them your order and shipping address to delta@reprolabels.com
  2. Put the items of your order into the shopping card at their web site
  3. Pay through Paypal

Is this the way to do it?

You can skip that first step entirely. Just go to their site, find the stricker sheet(s) you want, and ad them to your cart. They you just check out with paypal. The shipping address is also handled through paypal.

FYI, sometimes it can take a while for orders to get to you depending on how busy they are and if they have the decals you ordered on hand.

Thanks for the info. I ordered some sticker sheets but I messed up the number of the sheets I want to get so hopefully they can change that (I emailed them 5 seconds after I placed the order) otherwise I will have a bunch of extra Autobot logos. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

are these first party transformers? i've never seen them.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I dig the movie dinobot toys. They've got nothing at all to do with G1 dinobots, don't really match the prevailing movie aesthetic and most likely look nothing like how the on screen version will look IF they even end up on screen at all. BUT, as transforming robot dinosaurs, they look really badass.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's because they were just unveiled tonight. And this thread is official Hasbro TF's only.

thanks! i looked over at the TFW2005 news after you replied. i guess people are really digging them over there.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The Brachiosaurus looks like something out of the prehistoric reboot of Berserk. The Movie Dinobots look quite cool but after DotM Shockwave I decided not to buy anymore movie Transformers. ^_^

Nope for me too. I gave Movie cab-over Prime a second's thought, but I'm going to pass. I'm holding out for more Generations and MPs. From what few previews I've seen, this new Bay movie looks like his previous TF films. No thanks.

Edited by M'Kyuun

New King Grimlock run?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11886&mode=retail&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing&utm_content=

TAK11886.jpg

Looks like they are running a new king grimlock.

So much for not having rights to hobby exclusive color schemes haha

Edited by Gakken85

New King Grimlock run?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11886&mode=retail&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing&utm_content=

TAK11886.jpg

Looks like they are running a new king grimlock.

So much for not having rights to hobby exclusive color schemes haha

I doubt it's a "Second" production run. BBTS and TFsource are notorious for claiming this. If it's not restocked at AE, Amiami or HLJ, it's not a second run. It's a Hasbro Asia Reissue, which means that same old tired out mold that's already had issues.

The only other exception, is if one of their distributors found a large cache of left over's. Takara is not going to do a expensive second run, only for a few US companies. Remember that the Japanese market is the sole reason why any of this stuff exists. They don't make stuff for us.

Either way. I think I'll unload mine and get some of my money back and grab a re-issue. Even if it's a little loose, its better than having so much invested in a piece that's going to get KO'd anyway haha

If it is dead stock or something all the better.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I doubt it's a "Second" production run. BBTS and TFsource are notorious for claiming this. If it's not restocked at AE, Amiami or HLJ, it's not a second run. It's a Hasbro Asia Reissue, which means that same old tired out mold that's already had issues.

The only other exception, is if one of their distributors found a large cache of left over's. Takara is not going to do a expensive second run, only for a few US companies. Remember that the Japanese market is the sole reason why any of this stuff exists. They don't make stuff for us.

Hasbro Asia is Hasbro's division for competing with Chinese KO's

Grimlock KO's released? no problem Hasbro Asia releases worn molds and charge more.

Really digging the new pics of Ultra Magnus and to an extent Bumblebee.

The Dinobot designs from TF4 look like something that escaped from Bionicle - very easy to continue to pass on every Bay Transformer release (besides DMK Prime and Bee).

-b.

Aside from all the crap on his back, Bee doesn't look bad at all. The cost of importing the Takara toy isn't really worth his tiny size, and Exo Suit Spike isn't making up for it for me. I'll pass, even though I know Volkswagen will never let him come to the States.

As for Ultra Magnus... I like that the cab is designed to look like MP-10, and that it's detachable. Too bad it can't turn into a white MP-10, though, because the look of the cab and the fact that it's detachable is pretty much all it's got going for it. In pretty much every other way, Citizen Stack beats the heck out of him. Even with the way the cab folds on Stack, he doesn't look nearly as bad from behind as Magnus. If I knew for sure there'd be a Hasbro version for under $130, I might bite, but as it stands I think I'd rather buy Citizen Stack.