DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I keep trying to figure out a way to add... I dunno some kind of washer to the joints on the others. Some kind of rubber skin or something to add some grip. But I can't find anything thin enough.

which joints? the ball joints in the hips?

Self fusing rubber tape and superglue. that's always worked for me.

Ive used superglue to tighten the joints which SORTA works. Rubber tape i may try...

I've done this as well, and it does sorta work, but I also discovered that it can damage the plastic. For some types of superglue, the bonding process actually "melts" the plastic in order to create the bond. Thankfully, I discovered this on a cheap action figure and not a $150 valk!

I've done this as well, and it does sorta work, but I also discovered that it can damage the plastic. For some types of superglue, the bonding process actually "melts" the plastic in order to create the bond. Thankfully, I discovered this on a cheap action figure and not a $150 valk!

This is most strange. I've never seen a cyanoacrylate melt plastic before.

However, remember that super glue is always permanent. No exceptions. SO if you mess up and smear or spill elsewhere on the toy you're SOL.

Use one of the brands with brush applicators for much better control.

Or better, use nail polish lol.

I wonder if well eventually get a set that gives us Luca's fold receiver?

Probably a long shot, but I guess we never know right. Bandai caught me off guard by doing CF schemes. I dreaming of those schemes and they actually did it, which I thought was odd after looking at the V1 DX toys.

I keep trying to figure out a way to add... I dunno some kind of washer to the joints on the others. Some kind of rubber skin or something to add some grip. But I can't find anything thin enough.

I have used nylon washers that I bought at the hardware store to tighten some joints on a some of my transformers. I have seen some that were was thin as a few pieces of paper.

Edited by Saburo

Do you guys think it's safe if I delay my purchase for Luca's supers? I'm kind of worried it might get sold out if I want to buy them during late december as the set is not a priority in my budget right now. I don't know if I can compare it with the availability of super parts for the G, since RVF is more available.

Edited by close313

Do you guys think it's safe if I delay my purchase for Luca's supers? I'm kind of worried it might get sold out if I want to buy them during late december as the set is not a priority in my budget right now. I don't know if I can compare it with the availability of super parts for the G, since RVF is more available.

it actually sold out preorder everywhere, as oppose to the VF25G super part that was still available all the way till release ... i think alot of people order it for the 3 ghost more then the superparts

Hopefully you might find some Luca supers squeak through on mdrake. Maybe a kind fellow member here will have an extra they don't need.

I still have a feeling that I can get it during its release from NY, but now I'm more worried that they might take too long to ship. That would be a problem since I'm going away in December. I guess I could always send it at a friend's house :|

I still have a feeling that I can get it during its release from NY, but now I'm more worried that they might take too long to ship. That would be a problem since I'm going away in December. I guess I could always send it at a friend's house :|

Was the VF-25G preorder closed months early like this one or open all the way till release? After release, it was the same price as the preorder. I hope you can get it but I wonder if there will be a considerable markup after release due to how fast the window closed.

This is most strange. I've never seen a cyanoacrylate melt plastic before.

However, remember that super glue is always permanent. No exceptions. SO if you mess up and smear or spill elsewhere on the toy you're SOL.

Use one of the brands with brush applicators for much better control.

Or better, use nail polish lol.

Eh, I dunno about that. Every couple of months, I wind up having to disassemble the hips on my VF-25S and re-super glue them. The glue seems to eventually... well, powerderize isn't quite the right way to describe it, but it deteriorates and crumbles. I'm using regular quality brush-applicable brand-name Krazy Glue in the green bottle. I've had to reapply this stuff at least 5-6 times now since I've had the Armored Messiah. I do transform it every so often, and I'm sure that that has a lot to do with this. I've also tried clear nail polish, and that didn't work well either. I think because the legs + armor cause so much wear on the ball joint, mine are difficult to keep in action poses. I wish that the stands for the renewals were a little shorter so that you could place the "feet" right on the SMS base and help reduce a bit of the load. (Anybody have any creative Shapeways solutions for this...?)

Eh, I dunno about that. Every couple of months, I wind up having to disassemble the hips on my VF-25S and re-super glue them. The glue seems to eventually... well, powerderize isn't quite the right way to describe it, but it deteriorates and crumbles. I'm using regular quality brush-applicable brand-name Krazy Glue in the green bottle. I've had to reapply this stuff at least 5-6 times now since I've had the Armored Messiah. I do transform it every so often, and I'm sure that that has a lot to do with this. I've also tried clear nail polish, and that didn't work well either. I think because the legs + armor cause so much wear on the ball joint, mine are difficult to keep in action poses. I wish that the stands for the renewals were a little shorter so that you could place the "feet" right on the SMS base and help reduce a bit of the load. (Anybody have any creative Shapeways solutions for this...?)

This. I do that all the time but after a while the joints became loose again. so most of my Skull Sqadron hip ball joints are loose after using the krazy glue method. I am open to suggestions on other ways to apply to tighten the ball joints so it last longer.

Has anyone tried plumber's tape? They are white and are suppouse to make pipe joints water proof, will those work in tightening joints?

I don't think teflon tapes will work. Its not mean for moving parts and will 'crumble' if u apply there. But no harm trying since it's easily removable.

Here is my fix, so far its worked fine on my 25G

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jUkSWth6X6k

having never taken apart the leg/hip area and having seen your video now...that does seem like it should work. you are effectively increasing the clamping force and adding a permanent preload providing the rubber remains springy over life. if you could measure the thickness of the rubber strip, that'd be helpful for many.