DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

I just looked at HLJ and there still was a "order stop" status listed. Like others on the board, I am about ready no longer pruchase Bandai Mac F Valks and wait until Yamato aquires the Mac F license and produces valks. This is just plain stupid. I am almost positive that Bandai is well aware of the Macross fan base (I would use fandom, however after all the RT stuff, fandom sounds more like a cult - sorry) in other countries besides japan. I dont understand why the shortages. Dont they monitor market trends? Any one of the execs could go to sites like HLJ or AmiAmi and see that the oreds have sold completely. Sorry for the rant, but its getting really old really quick.

I just looked at HLJ and there still was a "order stop" status listed. Like others on the board, I am about ready no longer pruchase Bandai Mac F Valks and wait until Yamato aquires the Mac F license and produces valks. This is just plain stupid. I am almost positive that Bandai is well aware of the Macross fan base (I would use fandom, however after all the RT stuff, fandom sounds more like a cult - sorry) in other countries besides japan. I dont understand why the shortages. Dont they monitor market trends? Any one of the execs could go to sites like HLJ or AmiAmi and see that the oreds have sold completely. Sorry for the rant, but its getting really old really quick.

Even if Bandai could look at every single retailer that they whole sale to and determine that all of them have in fact sold all of their allotted stock in a matter of days, there's really nothing bandai can do about it even if they want to. It's not like Bandai has a magical easy-bake oven that pops out packed cases of toys at the push of a button. They have to reserve space at a factory, set up tooling, train workers, and then make and package thousands of units; none of that happens over night. If they've already finished their original planed run and decide that they need more, it will take months to set up and produce those extra units. And even if they were still making the toys, they can't just call up the factory and ask for a couple thousand extra units. The assembly lines are booked for a certain number of units ahead of time, and after the run is finished all the tooling comes out and gets replaced by the stuff needed for the next product that line is making. They can't just push back one product entirely because another sold faster than expected.

My one from Anime Export just arrived. Photos soon.

Graham

So among HLJ, Anime Export, AmiAmi, Hobby Search and Nippon Yasan, AE ships the fastest?

Edit: I have nothing better to do when waiting for mine!

Edited by ff95gj

Even if Bandai could look at every single retailer that they whole sale to and determine that all of them have in fact sold all of their allotted stock in a matter of days, there's really nothing bandai can do about it even if they want to. It's not like Bandai has a magical easy-bake oven that pops out packed cases of toys at the push of a button. •••• sold faster than expected.

Bandai wants us to believe Tamshii Web Exclusive is better way to buy, and I can see people starts begging for it now.

Edited by Swoosh

Bandai wants us to believe Tamshii Web Exclusive is better way to buy, and I can see people starts begging for it now.

They didn't just "want to make us believe"... They made it the case.

Edit: Did anyone try to keep hitting the reload button for the order status page, and it will be processed quicker? I believe it's the same mechanism for elevator buttons.

Edited by ff95gj

Quick unboxing and fighter mode comparison pics.

Feels much lighter and more plasticky than the VF-17S.

Gunpod much smaller (see comparison pic) and the stock does not collapse.

Looks great though.

Will transfform to battroid mode and take pics later, wanna zoom it around in fighter mode for a while first.

Graham

post-11-0-43347800-1341050759_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-82647500-1341050766_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-40546600-1341050774_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-99503700-1341050780_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-83807600-1341050787_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-83375000-1341050794_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-63573900-1341050800_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-35239500-1341050807_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-45596000-1341050814_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-80997800-1341050819_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-26779000-1341050924_thumb.jpg

Quick unboxing and fighter mode comparison pics.

Feels much lighter and more plasticky than the VF-17S.

Gunpod much smaller (see comparison pic) and the stock does not collapse.

Looks great though.

Will transfform to battroid mode and take pics later, wanna zoom it around in fighter mode for a while first.

Graham

Thanks Graham! Envy!

Alto has a smaller gun than Gamlin... Not very surprising. :rolleyes:

Congrats guys on receiving your 171's... I'm jealous!

As for the private warehouse thing, I can see positives and negatives. I like how I can manage my shipments and such, but I do agree with Graham that I hate the extra step in an already long process with HLJ. For instance I paid ASAP yesterday (not counting there web sites down time) moved the stuff from my warehouse to a shipment with my preferred shipping because their damn system kept resetting my shipping as SAL. so now I have to wait for another payment request for this shipment....which I haven't received yet and probably won't till Monday now. :(

Wish they would let you set up shipments earlier....you know plan ahead.....so when they send a payment request it would include shipping. Example: I ordered a yamato CF VF-1A earlier in the week and knew the 171 was comming out any day now. Why not let me organise my orders once they are in their system so they know i want the VF-1 and 171 in 1 order with x shipping. Then when i get my payment request it would include everything, merchandise and shipping. If they did it that way my order may have been on its way. Instead you can't organize anything till you pay for it first. Just agree with Graham that it is adding another step in an already long cycle.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Sticking with Tokyo Hunter and Anime Export from now on, can't go wrong with them.

WTF? You complain about HLJ now may need 2 separate login and payment, yet those 2 shops always require separate login and payment since forever?

For those who ordered from Nippon-Yasan, I ordered my YF-29 about 2 weeks prior to release last May (paid in full up front) and it shipped on 6-1. If you got an email stating its preparing for shipment then that means that your order is good to go. Just be patient. I haven't had any problems with them so far.

Good to know. Only ordered last night and already got a "preparation in progress" email this morning. Even still, I won't be able to rest easy until I have at least some tracking info in hand.

Quick battroid pics.

The removeable pivot pins that attach the wings, fall out quite easily during transformation. I guess that's the price for havinging swapable wings :(

Battroid torso transformation is fairly complex, so take your time and follow the pics in the instruction manual carefully. But once together, it looks solidly.

Graham

post-11-0-86349100-1341063059_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-79209700-1341063065_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-94967700-1341063071_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-10567400-1341063078_thumb.jpg

I had missed out on all the pre-orders due to life related chaos in the past 2 months... still seeing the toy on Nippon Yasan as being on stock. My gut feeling is that I'll probably be disappointed come Monday if I put in my order, as it sounds too good to be true at this stage of the game :D .

I had missed out on all the pre-orders due to life related chaos in the past 2 months... still seeing the toy on Nippon Yasan as being on stock. My gut feeling is that I'll probably be disappointed come Monday if I put in my order, as it sounds too good to be true at this stage of the game :D .

Possibly just canceled stock from other buyers, you don't really have anything to lose.

I've got a 19S coming from HLJ sometime next week so I've been debating on holding my two 171s in the private warehouse until the second week of July. These pictures are making this decision hard though...

So happy the hands are integrated. B))

So I was fortunate enough to have 3 of these on the way between Amiami and Amazon Japan. If anyone who got BBTS'ed, missed out on pre-orders (or will get BBTS'ed when BBTS cancels all their preorders again), and has a new in box VF-25S Renewal that they want to trade I'm looking to do so. Anyone interested let me know.

Edited by Lupin The Third

Graham, since there was a lot of confusion about the mechanics of the hands could you show some detail pics on how they work? I'm still debating if I still want this valk....thanks.

The standard articulated hands are indeed stored in the forearms. Haven't tried the optional hands to see of they can be stored in the forearms, but doubt it.

Graham