DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

I just looked at HLJ and there still was a "order stop" status listed. Like others on the board, I am about ready no longer pruchase Bandai Mac F Valks and wait until Yamato aquires the Mac F license and produces valks. This is just plain stupid. I am almost positive that Bandai is well aware of the Macross fan base (I would use fandom, however after all the RT stuff, fandom sounds more like a cult - sorry) in other countries besides japan. I dont understand why the shortages. Dont they monitor market trends? Any one of the execs could go to sites like HLJ or AmiAmi and see that the orders have sold completely. Sorry for the rant, but its getting really old really quick.

Feel the same way. Me thinks Yamato will get some sort of macross license in the next 5 years.

How long did Bandai hold onto the Macross 7 license for?

About 15 years I think. M7 debuted in '94 (did Bandai have the licence right from the start?) and Yamato only released their first M7 valkyrie (VF-22S Gamlin) in 2009.

Transforming from battroid back to fighter is a bit tricky. Took me ages to get the shoulders and forearms lined up properly and locked into place again.

And the pins that lock the removable wings in, do fall out easily :(

Graham

About 15 years I think. M7 debuted in '94 (did Bandai have the licence right from the start?) and Yamato only released their first M7 valkyrie (VF-22S Gamlin) in 2009.

Frontier debuted in 2008, so if Bandai wanted to, it would be a long time before we see any Yamato Messiahs...

anyone that ordered from dendenhobby NOT get an email yet? I sent him a message late thursday i think and haven't got a reply on whether he was going to be able to fill my order or not.

edit: and according to previous posts I think its saying the 29 will be released in 1S colors.

edit#2 just got an email from dendenhobby that he is not optimistic about filling the orders. I requested a refund and hope i can pick up a 171 somewhere.

Edited by ErikElvis

Hmmmm. I wonder why Bandai didn't include the MDE warheads from episode 24.

Another web exclusive? -_-

Probably missed it because they are not shown in most reference line arts. A potential problem is they are so big that you can't use landing gear.

pmHAkl.jpg

Oh well there are always little thing that you may hope for that just don't happen, e.g. I was hoping for opening doors on the arm missile pack.

May be someone will make some MDE with shapeways.

Edited by CF18

Hrmm, you guys are making me nervous now :ph34r:. My order shows that the information was sent to FEDEX on sat june 30th, but I am guessing there is no movement because it was prepared on a saturday.

In main page, its mentioned that Bandai will produce a VF-1S in YF-29 color style, will it be in 1/100 or 1/60 ?

It's a DX Chogokin, which means it can only be 1/60. Also this question is in the wrong thread.

By the way, to get back on topic of the VF-171, I've had it for a day or so and all I can say is this thing is a total bitch to transform. :p

Edited by Renato

My Nippon Yasan order has been stated as "Preparation in progress" since Thursday.

Actually I have ordered from another resources, so I am okay if they can't fill mine. But still, the earlier they can confirm me the better...

Well it looks like dendenhobby didn't get enough to fill my 2 i preordered. I preordered them within an hour of them putting up their ebay store listing. I'm guessing not too many people will get their orders filled from dendenhobby. Luckily i didn't trust him and went through nippon-yasan. They are being shipped as we speak. I noticed their website is still listing the 171 as available? Anyone manage to get an order filled recently?

As mentioned before, some Hong Kong vendors are "offered" an order list from an import distributor.

It turns out that the distributor cannot delivery ANY units (the distributor shamelessly explained that there is a license problem for Macross - damn, old news is so exciting), so every end-client pre-ordered from these vendors are screwed.

So in future, I would never order Macross stuffs from Hong Kong shops again, online or otherwise.

Edited by ff95gj

My Nippon Yasan order has been stated as "Preparation in progress" since Thursday.

Actually I have ordered from another resources, so I am okay if they can't fill mine. But still, the earlier they can confirm me the better...

Mine was the same day, it didn't even state shipping till yesterday.

Hrmm, you guys are making me nervous now :ph34r:. My order shows that the information was sent to FEDEX on sat june 30th, but I am guessing there is no movement because it was prepared on a saturday.

IMO, Fedex is horrible when it comes to shipping and tracking, kind of like USPS. Last time I ordered from fedex was before christmas. I ordered 3 day delivery and it took 7 days. I asked Fedex what the matter was, snow storm, flooding, laziness? And the guy told me it was a manner involved with whoever I bought from that sent it out. I explained to him I found it unlikely as it shipped in s. Calil and was stuck in N. Cali so how was it the senders fault?

I eventually emailed the company that shipped it and they said it was Fedex's fault not theres but I did get refunded by the company who I bought from. I talked to the Fedex guy who dropped off the package and he pretty much told me, to go fly a kite.

mine was cancelled a few days before release without reason too....

My Nippon Yasan tracking says shipment cancelled by sender. Anybody get something similar? I've emailed them, but getting a little worried.

Hmmm according to my tracking, in the upcoming future I have left Osaka. Can't wait till I catch up with the future :rolleyes:

Still haven't got a shipping notice from NY, been in processing for 4 days. A little worried now.....

When I ordered my YF-29, i swear it sat there for 3-5 days before it even got shipped. They did say most of their orders would go out on the 30th. So if you don't see anything by the end of tomorrow, I'd email them and ask what the deal is.

As mentioned before, some Hong Kong vendors are "offered" an order list from an import distributor.

It turns out that the distributor cannot delivery ANY units (the distributor shamelessly explained that there is a license problem for Macross - damn, old news is so exciting), so every end-client pre-ordered from these vendors are screwed.

So in future, I would never order Macross stuffs from Hong Kong shops again, online or otherwise.

<sign> Yes i have read the thread and i know everything you have stated already. I was just sharing my experience. The only thing i'm asking if people are still getting orders filled from nippon-yasen as they still list the product available. <sign>

Anyway i place another order in a "what the hey" moment. It went through. we'll see if i get it.

Nippon Yasan responded with a different tracking number and supposedly the package is in transit. This is my first time ordering with them, but so far they have been prompt with their responses.

I'll keep everyone updated with they're status.

I had pre-orders (about a week after announcement) with YesAsia and 1shop2go . . . no word from either. YesAsia lists it as "waiting for stock" and 1shop2go's website is down (yuck).

I will credit Yesasia - I called their North American help number just now (10:40 pm) and someone picked up the phone, spoke pretty good English, and checked my order for me! He couldn't tell if their supplier would give them enough units to cover my order, unfortunately, but thats pretty good customer service to have someone on hand at this hour overseas.

I hope they get their units from Bandai Japan . . looks like Bandai Asia/HK has screwed alot of stores.

I was on the Nippon-Yasan and I saw that the vf-171ex was "In Stock". Why is it that Nippon-Yasan has the item in stock and HLJ.com, which is the supposed a bigger company, does not have the VF-171ex in stock?

Hey Graham, how does the hip mechanism compare to the VF-17 versions? Also, how does the backpack attach/hold versus the 17 in Battroid? Is the backpack solid in Gerwalk compared to the 17 too?

Hip mechanism is similar in some ways, but much, much tighter on the Bandai. In fact rotating the hips on the hip bars took so much force, I was scared I was going to snap the diecast hip bars. My VF-171EX has the tightest hip rotation of any toy I've ever owned.

The backpack is pretty solid, as it locks into the backplate with two pegs.

The Bandai VF-171EX locks together much more solidly than the Yamato VF-171EX in both Battroid and Fighter modes. The Bandai has many more points of locking. The VF-171EX's torso locks together very well, once you get it figured out.

My main gripes with the VF-171EX are the wing pivot pins which have fallen out about 10 times so far and the fact that it's quite difficult getting the arms in position and locked back in place when transforming back to fighter mode.

Graham