DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Just got shipment notice from Nippon Yasan. Pretty awesome for having ordered 2 days before release. I guess Nippon yasan just got a lot of stock...

I ordered mine about a month ago and it still hasn't been shipped, weird.

A few battroid pics.

The third pic shows the only paint wear I've encountered so far (on the top edge of the backpack), after a couple of transformations.

Transformed from fighter to battroid and back again twice now, with a short stop once at Gerwalk mode (never my favorite mode).

Transformation on this one is fairly complicated, but I do find it easier than the Yamato VF-17S, as unlike the Yamato, you don't have to worry about damaging the ultra-fine and sharp pointy bits.

Graham

post-11-0-12470500-1341219246_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-84683000-1341219268_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-66575800-1341219285_thumb.jpg

Nippon-Yasan won't charge you until 2-3 weeks prior to the confirmed release date, if you choose the preorder charging option upon check-out. They also offer a panoply of shipping options. At any rate, that's where I placed my preorder for the 171's FP.

Hip mechanism is similar in some ways, but much, much tighter on the Bandai. In fact rotating the hips on the hip bars took so much force, I was scared I was going to snap the diecast hip bars. My VF-171EX has the tightest hip rotation of any toy I've ever owned.

The backpack is pretty solid, as it locks into the backplate with two pegs.

The Bandai VF-171EX locks together much more solidly than the Yamato VF-171EX in both Battroid and Fighter modes. The Bandai has many more points of locking. The VF-171EX's torso locks together very well, once you get it figured out.

My main gripes with the VF-171EX are the wing pivot pins which have fallen out about 10 times so far and the fact that it's quite difficult getting the arms in position and locked back in place when transforming back to fighter mode.

Graham

Interesting, this should be a lot of fun to check out for myself when it arrives (hopefully) tomorrow. It's too bad Yammie's 17 doesn't sound like it locks as well as the 171, I was never terribly happy with how the backpack holds in either mode. Whether it's tight or loose I don't really like that hip system on the 17 so the fact the 171 has a similar solution is a bummer too. I guess Bandai had to make something frigidty/annoying on this one too. Wing pins are dumb. I'm worried if the armor parts aren't tooled quite right we're going to end up with floppy messes when we switch out our wings now.

One of those available from CD Japan was one I cancelled. Generally I order SAL because I'm not in a big hurry to get stuff (well I am...but I force patience because I'm cheap ^_^ )

anyway, months ago I placed an order with Nippon-Yasan and CD Japan for a VF-171ex. CD Japan emailed me yesterday to say my order had to be upgraded to EMS because of the size and the new shipping cost would be about $63. Which is way to much IMO. What's odd is Nippon was able to ship it for $27. Not sure why CD japan couldn't do the same.

CD Japan gave me the opportunity to cancel which I did.

Glad it worked out for someone else :)

Well just ordered number 2 from nippon-yasan. I was debating. but since I already paid for 2 weapon packs I might as well do it now instead of possibly pay out the arse later. Im glad I had enough foresight to buy a super pack for the yf-29 right when they opened the preorders. There asking ridiculous prices for them now.

Congrats.

It'll be another week I think before I will see mine but I'm looking forward to it.

I do t think I will order a second one.....unless I want to try to do a slight repaint to it, changing some of the stripe layouts and what not to fit my tastes of a personal Valkyrie.

The weapons pack I think are a tad expensive for what you get IMO. But I don't even remember what I paid for my original packs on the old vf-25, wasn't much that's for damn sure!

Ugh.....hurry and get here!!!!

i just put an order in with nippon yassan. wonder if i'll get one. i've given up on teh possiblity of the ishop2go one...an dmy local shop hasn't contacted me yet either. :-( interestingly enough ishop2go has not sent me a cancellatin email or refund.

oh and this time, i stupidly also ordered the weapons parts fot eh 171 on teh same order...didn't think it through so ended up prepaying for those too. should have split the order...oh well. hopefully i can at least split the shipping.

Edited by Mechapilot77

My VF-171 departed customs for my local post office around 7am this morning.

It could arrive today, but knowing USPS I'm expecting it to arrive tomorrow.

How do you guys track from AE? All I get is the Sagawa Express page which says the plane left Haneda Airport last week. I basically don't know where it is till Fedex is on my doorstep.

Check your account, and click on the shipping tab. It should show your shipped item and a tracking number there. Click on the tracking number, it should take you directly to the appropriate website and show your item.

How long did it take for you guys who ordered from NY to get a tracking URL after the shipment notice. I was affirmed that my order was shipped today morning, but have yet to receive a tracking URL...

Look at your order info in your account on NY. Your tracking number/link should be there. Also, did the shipping method you paid for include tracking?

Just a friendly advise from who ordered from NY before.

Their price is not fixed as Amiami or HLJ. Soon they will jack up the price to match ebay price. (and discontinued)

So if you're gonna order from them, do it now while the price is still close to retail.

Just a friendly advise from who ordered from NY before.

Their price is not fixed as Amiami or HLJ. Soon they will jack up the price to match ebay price. (and discontinued)

So if you're gonna order from them, do it now while the price is still close to retail.

Unfortunately, kyekye is right. Just look at the prices for the VF-25F/S renewals and YF-29 super parts.

Unfortunately, kyekye is right. Just look at the prices for the VF-25F/S renewals and YF-29 super parts.

Indeed, the price has been increase for 6 euro since last night....

but cant blame them, seems like they are the only webshop who has enough stock...

........ All I get is the Sagawa Express page which says the plane left Haneda Airport last week......

Last week!?!? Oh no, somewhere, Tom Hanks is on an Island playing with your VF-171 and Wilson is his wingman.

Chris