DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Man! These things have some stiff joints! Even the landing gear were hard to move. I guess after several transformations they will be easier to work with. I guess I can't complain as I would rather this than being too loose.

Edited by NightCastle

Anyone who ordered from YesAsia receive it yet? I think I made the mistake of selecting their "free" shipping.....so it is flying blind!!!

Hopefully some postal worker somewhere in route won't decide to treat themselves to my VF-171... :wacko:

...and another is "grounded" waiting to sortie in the new HLJ "virtual" hangar.......waiting for the VF-0 and MtF Vol 4 books to come in......... ;)

Just got my BBTS notification. I tried to get two, but they canceled my second one. Fair enough. Can't wait for it to get here.

Thanks for reminding me about my BBTS preorder, I just canceled mine so if someone wants to pick it up they should go there now.

Anyones actually ship from HLJ? I got one waiting to ship from them i paid the shipping charge and it hasnt moved. I havent bought something from HLJ in like 2 years because of them taking their sweet ass time to ship and from the looks of it, it hasnt gotten any better, .

Anyones actually ship from HLJ? I got one waiting to ship from them i paid the shipping charge and it hasnt moved. I havent bought something from HLJ in like 2 years because of them taking their sweet ass time to ship and from the looks of it, it hasnt gotten any better, .

Nope mine seems to be sitting in their warehouse. Now I remember why I switched to amiami.

Per HLJ email:

If you don't make a decision by June 28, we will switch your orders to Private Warehouse handling, and you may decide later when and how to ship individual items.

Did you make sure you select the "ship now" option...otherwise if no selection is made, it defaults to "Private Warehousing"...where your items sit patiently for 2 months before automatically being shipped out....

I prefer the "Private Warehousing" option as I am in no rush and prefer to get more things bundled together.....

Edited by jvmacross

Per HLJ email:

If you don't make a decision by June 28, we will switch your orders to Private Warehouse handling, and you may decide later when and how to ship individual items.

Did you make sure you select the "ship now" option...otherwise if no selection is made, it defaults to "Private Warehousing"...where your items sit patiently for 2 months before automatically being shipped out....

I prefer the "Private Warehousing" option as I am in no rush and prefer to get more things bundled together.....

Yup it was in private warehouse, I created a shipment, then I paid the shipping fee, and I havent gotten shipping notification.

Yup it was in private warehouse, I created a shipment, then I paid the shipping fee, and I havent gotten shipping notification.

Same here, paid for the items Friday, made my shippment immediately after from my private warehouse. Got my shipping payment request Sat night and paid immediately again. Now nothing.

Also got my BBTS notification. I'll probably just cancel the order too.

Chris

I had an order for other things with Amiami and it shipped withing 24 hours of payment; HLJ, not so much. My order containing my VF-171EX, like many others', is sitting in processing hell right now; I haven't even received a shipping payment request yet. :(

post-664-0-93589300-1341343059_thumb.jpg

HLJ's main page does have a note regarding inventory counting they're currently performing, so that may be why they're slower than usual. <_<

post-664-0-39962400-1341343082_thumb.jpg

My VF-171 shipped from HLJ on Saturday. I've got a pay-pal billing agreement set up for HLJ, so my payment went through automatically on Friday. But mine defaulted to SAL shipping and I couldn't change it so it'll probably not get here until long after everyone else has gotten theirs.

Just opened mine up. Initial impressions:

-Seems smaller and lighter than the VF-25.

-Not covered in a layer of grease like the YF-29.

-Missing wing pin upon taking it out of the box. Luckily it had just fallen out, rather than being forgotten at the factory. Still, parts falling off while boxed?

-Wings feel kinda loose/flimsy.

-That is one cramped cockpit! Alto sits so close to the cockpit display that he looks like a schoolboy held back a few grades.

-Cockpit display is also where the sprue connection point was, as evidenced by the gash/stress mark where it was cut. Gonna have to cover that with a display decal.

-Love the orange tinted canopy.

-Soft PVC head turrets are actually straight, so I won't need to swap them.

-Gunpod does not collapse.

Will transform and do a wash on it later and hopefully won't find any missing pieces. Now just gonna whoosh it around for a bit. :)

I just checked my email and I did not get a Bigbadtoystore order confirmation for my VF 171 EX. I went to their site and they changed its status from pre order sold out to just sold out. I really hope my order will not be cancelled since this was the only place I was able to grab a pre order back in March.