Yamato v2. 1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers

IXTL

been a while since i ordered anything from the regula vendors (amiami hlj etc). out of the available preorders, do any of them let you pay upon shipment or are they all pay up front (amiami, hlj)? i know bbts is pay on shipment but they are at $165 or so.

HLJ is also pay upon shipment. Not sure about the others but I suspect amiami is pay up front.

been a while since i ordered anything from the regula vendors (amiami hlj etc). out of the available preorders, do any of them let you pay upon shipment or are they all pay up front (amiami, hlj)? i know bbts is pay on shipment but they are at $165 or so.

Both amiami an HLJ are pay later.

• 2 weeks later...

I live on the US west coast; the last time I ordered a 1/60 VF-1A from HLJ I got hammered on shipping it has made me gun shy. For those of you who live in the US and have pre-ordered this VF-1A have you got a shipping quote and if so how much and where from?

Edited by rdenham

I live on the US west coast; the last time I ordered a 1/60 VF-1A from HLJ I got hammered on shipping it has made me gun shy. For those of you who live in the US and have pre-ordered this VF-1A have you got a shipping quote and if so how much and where from?

The total weight will probably be around 1.1 kg, Ordering from Japan, this will be something llike $25 for Airmail or $40 for EMS? Count yourself lucky. People in Europe pay more.. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Having just received the 1:60 VF-1D w/ Option parts from HLJ via EMS (by itself), the price for shipping to Detroit was $32.ooUS. The Yen/Dollar conversion rate sucks right now at about $.84 to 100Yen.

The collection is primarily one of each of the five main characters/schemes and the VF-1D's, Seekers and Ostriches as the bonus valks, but the cost draws the line in the sand for most of the "extra" models...so...going through the shoebox of old Battletech mini's, I've re-found quite a few of the "Stinger" VF-1A's and am in the process of painting them the split-second schemes. It's a whole lot cheaper and can still show off the different paint schemes.

(EDIT) PS: Just thinking about another inexpensive way of doing all of the "split-second schemes" would be to buy the often-discounted GN-DOU valk battroids on HLJ and repaint them. I'm doing that now with the Max/Milia VF-1J's. Use enamels and put it on thin, or it rolls off. You could get the whole collection for the price of one 1:60 valk. Just an idea...

Edited by Wasabi-san

I liked the blue from the original pics....maybe it's just the lighting..... :unsure:

It probably is, as the room looks a little dim, and there's no flash to highlight the colors. In anycase, it does look very reminiscent of the 1/48 stealth, but better. can't wait till mine comes in.

It probably is, as the room looks a little dim, and there's no flash to highlight the colors. In anycase, it does look very reminiscent of the 1/48 stealth, but better. can't wait till mine comes in.

I agree that they had bad lighting and no flash on the pic. I can't wait either to get mine, I think I will display it with all my darker/grey model valks ie: Low Vis focker, VFX, Elint.

I agree that they had bad lighting and no flash on the pic. I can't wait either to get mine, I think I will display it with all my darker/grey model valks ie: Low Vis focker, VFX, Elint.

:blink: Ohhhhh, color coordinated! I like it.

Calibration Test Shot:

364-1.jpg

Source: http://www.yamato-to...x.php?logid=364

that looks way way way darker than the original pics. i mean it doesn't look bad, but even taking into account the dim lighting this is way darker. hopefully the final product will br half way between this and the original. can anyone read or translate what is said about this picture on yamato's site? is this the final color (hoping not)?

Even with the dim lighting that is a far darker shade of blue. Still looks good, just different. Right now I'd say it far more resembles the actual animation it's based off of rather then that much lighter shade of blue we saw in earlier pics. Either way, if it looks like this or like the earlier photos I'm still happy with my pre-order.

Even with the dim lighting that is a far darker shade of blue. Still looks good, just different. Right now I'd say it far more resembles the actual animation it's based off of rather then that much lighter shade of blue we saw in earlier pics. Either way, if it looks like this or like the earlier photos I'm still happy with my pre-order.

Pretty much what he said in his blog:

さて、本題です。

私の休み中に工場から届きました「1/60 VF-1A キャヴァリアーズ」の

テストショット。

WFとかに飾っていた塗装見本の監修(河森さん)時に頂いたコメント

『マスターファイルに載っている色味より暗くした方がカッコイイ!」

を実現するために、工場に塗装見本より暗めの指示をしていたものです。

・・・想像以上に暗くなっています。

即席に写した画像が即席過ぎで真っ黒に見えますね・・。

だけど思いのほかカッコイイと思う。

hi, i'm a native Portlander, born there in '82, and lived there 'til '92-ish.

nearly all of my extended family still lives there to this day, so i'm often making

at least two trips up there per year.

all four of my first YAMATO Valks (1/72 VF-11B/ 1/60v.I VF-1AHik. DYRL/ 1/48 DYRL VF-1S Focker and -1A Hikaru)

- were bought right as they were initially released, from a "JUST BE DISTRIBUTION/TOYS"

that was located right there in downtown Portland's Chinatown, IIRC.

this was back in the early 2000's, naturally, so, you've any idea if those guys are still around?

Ah, just got a notification from Hobby Search. The release date has been push back to June:

"The pre-order item listed below

1/60 Perfect Trance VF-1A Cavaliers (Completed)

Was originally scheduled for release on May,

but has been rescheduled for release on Jun.

We will ship out the item normally when it comes in stock."

Looks like it gonna miss the Anime Festival Asia Malaysia this 9th June....

@Vermillion One: Distant suburb of the Combat Zone. I'm just here because of the "illustrious" automotive industry. Going to the Motorcity Comicon in Novi this weekend?

QUESTION: So is everyone going to buy all of the re-releases just for the optional parts?

@Vermillion One: Distant suburb of the Combat Zone. I'm just here because of the "illustrious" automotive industry. Going to the Motorcity Comicon in Novi this weekend?

QUESTION: So is everyone going to buy all of the re-releases just for the optional parts?

I am not going to be re buying all the different VF-1's just for the additional bits of plastic. I may buy a few though just because of the need for duplicates. I really need another VF-1J that I can display naked with my Vermillion squad, as my other one is rocking the GBP with action missiles(launch effect parts). I will also be getting the VF-1A CF because it's the DYRL model and would fit nicely in my DYRL display if I can find room lol.

One thing I have noticed though, why did they not include the extra parts in this release at all? I would hope that one day, including the parts becomes a normal practice at Yamato with the VF-1's.