Yamato v2. 1/60 VF-1A Cavaliers

IXTL

Yeah, I don't understand the problem with the landing gear color. They're all pretty much the same colors internally.

No problems, just wanted to state my dislike of the particular color they've chosen for such part. I know YAMATO did the same thing for the 1/48 1J Stealth and will probably continue to do so for any variant. Kinda like how some people like their VF-1's with FP's and some don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Crap! I was gonna pick up a second one of these, but it looks like they'll be releasing around the same time as the 30th Anniversary DYRL valks. I don't know if I can swing 6 VF-1s in one purchase without the wife noticing...

Crap! I was gonna pick up a second one of these, but it looks like they'll be releasing around the same time as the 30th Anniversary DYRL valks. I don't know if I can swing 6 VF-1s in one purchase without the wife noticing...

I've just preordered a second one!!

I feel you there about the wife noticing LOL. Good thing is my wife is awesome, I already set her up for the scenario of tons of valks showing up this year due to the slow release's on Yamato's part. She replied with "You know how to manage money and you are reponsible, so whatever" :D. She also noticed that money I would normally be spending on valk's has totally decreased. The last 2 valks I have bought were the pre orders I did for the VF-17S and the VF-19S which feels like an eternity to me.

EDIT: Wrong Model # :wacko:

Edited by Loop

I feel you there about the wife noticing LOL. Good thing is my wife is awesome, I already set her up for the scenario of tons of valks showing up this year due to the slow release's on Yamato's part. She replied with "You know how to manage money and you are reponsible, so whatever" :D. She also noticed that money I would normally be spending on valk's has totally decreased. The last 2 valks I have bought were the pre orders I did for the VF-17D and the VF-19S which feels like an eternity to me.

VF-17D??? Has that gone up for preorder yet?

I wish I could say the same for myself. I'm not very responsible, and I'm terrible at managing money :p .

Edited by Old Man

I was actually thinking it would be sweet to get 2, but I don't want to take that gamble hoping for a VF-1J in this scheme. Would love a whole team of them.

If I am correct, doesn't a Squad consist of 4x VF-1A's and 3x VF-1J's? So if you multiply that by 2 and add 1x VF-1S that make a Tactical Wing/Group?

VF-17D??? Has that gone up for preorder yet?

I wish I could say the same for myself. I'm not very responsible, and I'm terrible at managing money :p .

You must have a larger collection then I do, by the statement you just made LOL.

LOL my mistake fixed typo, but yeah 2 of the VF-1D's will be mine lol.

Edited by Loop

You must have a larger collection then I do, by the statement you just made LOL.

LOL my mistake fixed typo, but yeah 2 of the VF-1D's will be mine lol.

Ditto...a complete Diamond Force is a must!

...and ditto...

Edited by Old Man

Does anyone know why it's been pushed back yet again?

-Kyp

Could just be a backorder on the plastic, the factory is running behind, the company making the packaging is booked, or all sorts of other middleman issues. I don't think it'd be something major, like faulty parts. If it were, still glad they're holding back.

Could just be a backorder on the plastic, the factory is running behind, the company making the packaging is booked, or all sorts of other middleman issues. I don't think it'd be something major, like faulty parts. If it were, still glad they're holding back.

Hope you are right and it's not because Yamato has not received enough wholesale preorders from the different vendors.

I have preordered two and I sincerely hope Yamato delivers this scheme. I also wish this scheme won't be a shelf warmer.

It's probably wishful thinking but I'd like to see v2 Enigma, Moon Shooters, Minmay Guard and other non cannon schemes.

Hope you are right and it's not because Yamato has not received enough wholesale preorders from the different vendors.

I have preordered two and I sincerely hope Yamato delivers this scheme. I also wish this scheme won't be a shelf warmer.

It's probably wishful thinking but I'd like to see v2 Enigma, Moon Shooters, Minmay Guard and other non cannon schemes.

The one thing that is on our side, is that this is a reused design and mold. I'm sure they've gotten their money out of it, so to do this one is more a matter of different color materials, paint, and tampo printing. I'm going to assume the box design will be relatively similar to the same releases, so I don't think there's too much to worry about in this scheme. That said, there are worse things that could be happening, and we don't know, so I'm going to patiently see. As you said, I definitely want more non canon variants. A Minmay Guard would be awesome, and I'd be all for having one for the Moon and Paris Acts.

This...

A Minmay Guard would be awesome, and I'd be all for having one for the Moon and Paris Acts.

...and THIS!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah...You might be a fan of Macross if; your sitting at home watching an episode of Freaks and Geeks, and the character Sam, walks in wearing a dark blue shirt with two red stripes on it, and you immediately think "Cavaliers." You then look over at your fiancee' with a cheesy grin, she says; "what?" and you say "Cavalier valkyrie", and she closes her eyes and laughs because she knows what your on about.

If they did not add the option parts to this they are silly...

I, and many others, will wait to see if they will re-release them in the future with the parts.

They probably won't since this is an obscure valk. This will likely be the only release whether or not they add the parts.

Why give your fans a reason to wait when the option parts cat is already out of the bag? Silly I tell you ...

Honestly, from here on out, I hope they release option parts for all future VF-1's and reissues. It only make sense at this point in the game.

I agree, but at the same time I think it'll be too much to ask for. Things never work out when it makes too much sense.

Or at least release the option parts on their own.

If the option parts means they will charge more, I can do without them. I have more "option parts" than I have valks.

This is where we differ. I have all the v2 VF-1's except the weathering versions. I think it rounds out the products look in battroid mode. If I were a new collector of these and bought my first few during the current runs that are all coming with the parts I would begin to expect them. I would prefer a kit of option parts I can buy separately, but that takes me to my next reply.....

I agree, but at the same time I think it'll be too much to ask for. Things never work out when it makes too much sense.

Or at least release the option parts on their own.

I just figured they would never release them on their own, because then they can't sell us an extra valk. People that already have all the damn v2 VF-1's would love to buy just the option parts if they desired I guess. I could see a few different kits though, because of the schemes that were not made in relatively huge numbers like the virgin road, Elint, low vis focker, VT-1, VF-1D, and the Max & Millia VF-1J's. Knowing Yamato though they would release them and only give us the option of DYRL or TV version kits.

I am hoping that they pushed this Cavaliers release back because they decided to add the parts, again because it only makes sense. Does anyone know if there was ever a 1J Cavaliers version? I think it would be sweet to form a squad for display based on this scheme and without a 1J variant we don't have a team leader, keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by Loop