1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

It would've veen far better to place the Lightning III at a an angle, maybe 45%, which would still leave plenty of space for the meager tidbits, and likely allow the box to be more compact, and possibly less expensive to ship too.

But a T-shape takes up more space at an angle and don't forget the VF-4 has very long ventral fins and its upper canards that have to be packaged with care. It's not nearly as compact as a VF-25 or VF-171.

another 72hrs or so , and we'll prob get reviews, and weathered/panel lined VF-4G's bumping this thread up to 100 pages, I love the fact that I'm breathing in & out right now!!!

HLJ had already charged me for the VF-4 and place the item into private warehouse, then they send me an email notice, I guess now they will charge me for the shipping. I rather make one payment instead of two.

Then I just paid for the VF-17D w/Super too, now I can't afford to buy anything else. :unsure:

Woo, just got charged at HLJ, and sent to my warehouse :D

Now, it gets to sit there for a while and hang out with my sale VF-19F, fire valk, and sound booster, until I get back to my apartment in january :p

This is going to be one huge freakin mess of yamato boxes littering my apartment... I just need to hear if AmiAmi is shipping my VF-19P and super VF-17D...

But a T-shape takes up more space at an angle and don't forget the VF-4 has very long ventral fins and its upper canards that have to be packaged with care. It's not nearly as compact as a VF-25 or VF-171.

True, but the SV-51 was packaged at 45o and that too was rear biased -- granted that not as much as the VF-4G, and the wings on the 4 can pivot at the nacelles' roots which would allow more room. However, my nit-picking is entirely academic at this point... the box arrangement is what it is.

I've got to check my email for a payment request from HLJ; I'd love to be able to pay after the New Year as I've just paid for the VF-171EX's Armor Parts, and still have preorder commitments for a Revoltech Iron Man Mk.5 and 1/100 Rex kit vying for my cash. :wacko:

Edit: Gack! Got the payment request...3 days to pay. What an expensive year 2012 has been... :blink:

Edited by mechaninac

True, but the SV-51 was packaged at 45o and that too was rear biased -- granted that not as much as the VF-4G, and the wings on the 4 can pivot at the nacelles' roots which would allow more room.

The wings need to be level so they don't get damaged in case the box is banged up.