Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

The VF-19s have 3 design/execution failures (in my eyes) that have kept me from pulling the trigger on a purchase:

1. It's high gloss finish is off-putting to me, specially since all other VFs Yamato have ever produced have had a matte finish. It stands out too much against its M7 stablemates. Obviously, this is personal preference issue and not a flaw per se, and I have Macross Frontier VFs that are also glossy but they they appear, to me, to be less so -- closer to a semi-gloss than the 19's auto-show mirror treatment.
  2. The non-removable intake covers. There's no way in hell I'll ever be convinced that their engineers could not come up with a solution/compromise that would allow those covers to come off to show the compressor blades like on all other Yammies, no matter how shallow they would end up being. It just strikes me as a deadline thing that had them settle for "good enough".
  3. The ankle design being a step backwards from the YF-19's.

Other than my issues with the design/engineering choices, all the VF-19s are attractive enough, but I still can't bring myself to buy one...

Edited by mechaninac

in my opinion the VF-19's are so awesome in every other department that the relatively minor issues you described don't even come close to resembling any sort of deal breaker. The first time i transformed it I was floored. Its design and engineering is one of the best I have seen, and I own most yamato and Bandai SOCs and frontier molds.

i love how you decaled yours; i'll be doing the same to mine!!

Didn't think that the vf-19s could look any better, and then I see it with decals! Nice job Swoosh. I'll have to add this to the list of valks in need of decaling (vf-17s w fast pack first on that list!)

Yeah I have to agree nice placement!

I mostly followed the stickers placement from the VF-19 Master File :) , minus the "No Step" and added a few that I liked.

Great pics Swoosh, makes me glad I ordered a 19S, guess I'll have to get me the 19F before you guys buy them all too.

Bummer about the 19P Gerwalk.

Guess I'll find out soon but is the blue plastic really that shiny on the VF-19's?

They are more shiny in person and darker blue.

Are those the provided stickers or a specially made waterslide decal set?

Just the provided sticker sheet .

The VF-19s have 3 design/execution failures (in my eyes) that have kept me from pulling the trigger on a purchase:

1. It's high gloss finish is off-putting to me, specially since all other VFs Yamato have ever produced have had a matte finish. It stands out too much against its M7 stablemates. Obviously, this is personal preference issue and not a flaw per se, and I have Macross Frontier VFs that are also glossy but they they appear, to me, to be less so -- closer to a semi-gloss than the 19's auto-show mirror treatment.
  2. The non-removable intake covers. There's no way in hell I'll ever be convinced that their engineers could not come up with a solution/compromise that would allow those covers to come off to show the compressor blades like on all other Yammies, no matter how shallow they would end up being. It just strikes me as a deadline thing that had them settle for "good enough".
  3. The ankle design being a step backwards from the YF-19's.

Other than my issues with the design/engineering choices, all the VF-19s are attractive enough, but I still can't bring myself to buy one...

and In my eye's none of those are problems:

1. I like the gloss more than the matte finish, it looks classy. On the shelf it practically looks painted all over where as other toys look like bare plastic even across the room. If anything I wish all my other VF's from yamato were so shiny.

2. the tiny sculpted intake face that's 2 millimeters from the front of the intake always looked silly to me. Between that and preferring to have as few loose pieces floating around as possible means I leave the intake covers in all the time on every other valk I have anyways.

3. the ankles also have way more side-to-side tilt and the ability to rotate outward which makes them a step up in terms of battroid pose-ability to every previous ankle design Yamato has used.

basically, I can see all those things being design decisions that people don't agree with but I don't think it's fair to call them design flaws/failures.

I did preface my list by stating that they were flaws in my eyes, and made clear that the finish was a personal preference; hence why I've had such a hard time commiting to buy one. I can certaily understand liking the covers on and reducing the amount of small parts to potentially lose; nevertheless, I would just like to have the option to remove them regardless how silly and unrealistically close to the front they are, but in the VF-19s that choice is denied. However, I will not excuse the ankles; increased side to side range is a plus, but not at the expense of front to back adjustability... they could have done better, and they could have revisited the design for the S variant and beyond.

I don't like the VF-19 the YF-19 looks much better and Arcadia will make V3 of that Valkyrie.

I don't like the VF-19 the YF-19 looks much better and Arcadia will make V3 of that Valkyrie.

*back and forth seesaw*

Just got my 19P in, that was fast! ordered from HLJ on Thursday, got it today, holy balls FedEx is on speed!

Haven't had a chance to look, but kinda don't need too, thatnks to all your guys great pictures.

Now just waiting on HKC to ship my 19S, I ordered that before CNY,so hopefully it ships soon, now that it's over.

Just got my 19P in, that was fast! ordered from HLJ on Thursday, got it today, holy balls FedEx is on speed!

Haven't had a chance to look, but kinda don't need too, thatnks to all your guys great pictures.

Now just waiting on HKC to ship my 19S, I ordered that before CNY,so hopefully it ships soon, now that it's over.

Congrats! I think HKC is kinda clearing a backlog; I ordered mine on the 15th, right after their CNY break, nothing yet too.

I would have mine today also, but the post office is closed for Presidents Day!