Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

I have to agree with this

By the way I am very impressed with the P! You guys were right pictures do not do it justice. The beauty of this thing blew me away. I thought the S would be my favorite 19 but this thing is so beautiful.

Oh wow, you have them all! That's great.

I'm only missing the 19F. Maybe I will get it one of these days... who knows. These things are so expensive, but absolutely gorgeous. I think it's pretty much my favourite toy ever. "Toy".... Hmm. Aside from the ankle thing (an Achilles heel, literally), they are perfection, and when you think of all the gimmicks like the opening battroid hatch, and the actual magic trick of making that anime design look accurate in all modes, Yamato went above and beyond what was expected of them. It's no toy, it's a work of art!

Just picked up a 19S as well, can't resist at that price, and what with the this Arcadia business. Wanted the P but seem to have missed the boat while on vacation.

I picked up the P from eBay. A small premium unfortunately which, added to the full retail price, was lethal. I'm sure that eventually some will make their way to auctions or websites sourcing out-of-print items, but i don't expect those to be any kinder.

Oh wow, you have them all! That's great.

I'm only missing the 19F. Maybe I will get it one of these days... who knows. These things are so expensive, but absolutely gorgeous. I think it's pretty much my favourite toy ever. "Toy".... Hmm. Aside from the ankle thing (an Achilles heel, literally), they are perfection, and when you think of all the gimmicks like the opening battroid hatch, and the actual magic trick of making that anime design look accurate in all modes, Yamato went above and beyond what was expected of them. It's no toy, it's a work of art!

Yes these are works of art! Yamato did a great job with the VF-19's the detail is incredible. I almost didn't get these because I am more of a VF-1 fan but I am glad I did.

After my Fire Valk gets here, I'll have every single VF-19 out there. Was gonna skip the fire but the mold itself is what sold me. Still hate them ankles though. :)

Damn you guys, had to bite on the 19s deal lol. This is going to be my first new 19 (was holding out for a new yf-19, but well..y'know) Gonna have to pass on the 171 CF now. (I have the 171EX) Please someone tell me, the new 19s is a way better choice.

Damn you guys, had to bite on the 19s deal lol. This is going to be my first new 19 (was holding out for a new yf-19, but well..y'know) Gonna have to pass on the 171 CF now. (I have the 171EX) Please someone tell me, the new 19s is a way better choice.

It is by far better. I like the look of the VF-171 but I hate transforming with a passion. The 19 looks a lot better too

May i ask, what are the chances that if/when Arcadia re-releases the VF-19, they may implement removable intakes? I have read the issue about the joints. This is the really the only detail which i find not satisfying.

It would seem incredibly unlikely as the new company would just buy the molds from the old and the players involved are the same players that decided to make things as is.

It would seem incredibly unlikely as the new company would just buy the molds from the old and the players involved are the same players that decided to make things as is.

Makes sense. Yesterday i bought the P and today the F, but i was just wondering about that because if they do it, it means i will be buying them again. :)

(By the way it was your site Jenius that i read what i mentioned. I'm visiting often lately! )

Serious question: is it really that big a deal that these don't have removable intake covers? I mean, How many people actually display their Valks with the intake covers off?

Personally, on every valk I've ever bought, I've pulled the intake covers off all of one time, confirmed that the sculpted detail underneath is still an undersized thing that sort of looks like an intake fan sitting about 2 millimeters from the front of the intake, then promptly put the cover back never to remove it again.

In fact, the only the only toy with intake covers where I leave them off is the DX VF-27, as the completely undetailed black void of the intakes looks better than the undetailed kidney beans that they tried to pass off as intake covers for it.

Intake covers always on here...but knowing I can take them off and have the unrealistic fans is a bonus :D

Sometimes it's just the idea that I can do something that looks dumb sells me on it :)

Edited by xrentonx

Actually, I do leave mine on anyway as well, but if there were any valks I would really prefer to have them removable, it's the VF-19s. See, with the P they're gray, and even on the F they aren't so bad, but the bright yellow intake covers on the Fire Valk and VF-19S are eyesores. I mean, I think until the point that we got to the Fire Valk, every fighter in the entire Macross continuity had used grayish intake covers (not sure on the YF-21).

With the Fire Valk itself, ok, the intakes are bright yellow.. it goes with the rest of the plane. But when we got to the VF-19S and F, either the animators got lazy and forgot to change up the color schemes, or someone decided, "Let's just ditch the idea that these are mechanical parts, and paint them in gloss colors!" I would throw painted intake covers in the same category as painting the engine nozzle of a plane bright gloss colors. Sure, you can do it, but the paint is going to be destroyed entirely by standard operating wear and tear.

I was always under the impression that intake covers were bare metal, or whatever kind of composite material they might use. They certainly looked that way on the up-close shots of the VF-0.

I don't want removable intake covers on the VF-19s so I can see inside the engines.. I want to remove them because they're freaking ugly. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Actually, I do leave mine on anyway as well, but if there were any valks I would really prefer to have them removable, it's the VF-19s. See, with the P they're gray, and even on the F they aren't so bad, but the bright yellow intake covers on the Fire Valk and VF-19S are eyesores. I mean, I think until the point that we got to the Fire Valk, every fighter in the entire Macross continuity had used grayish intake covers (not sure on the YF-21).

With the Fire Valk itself, ok, the intakes are bright yellow.. it goes with the rest of the plane. But when we got to the VF-19S and F, either the animators got lazy and forgot to change up the color schemes, or someone decided, "Let's just ditch the idea that these are mechanical parts, and paint them in gloss colors!" I would throw painted intake covers in the same category as painting the engine nozzle of a plane bright gloss colors. Sure, you can do it, but the paint is going to be destroyed entirely by standard operating wear and tear.

I was always under the impression that intake covers were bare metal, or whatever kind of composite material they might use. They certainly looked that way on the up-close shots of the VF-0.

I don't want removable intake covers on the VF-19s so I can see inside the engines.. I want to remove them because they're freaking ugly. :p

Agree about the Vf-19s. The gerwalk at least would look much better without them.

Of course it is. NOTHING compares. Seriously, NOTHING. B))

I have a few small cuts from the edges. So yes watch out.

It's not called Excalibur for nothing. :p

Actually, I do leave mine on anyway as well, but if there were any valks I would really prefer to have them removable, it's the VF-19s. See, with the P they're gray, and even on the F they aren't so bad, but the bright yellow intake covers on the Fire Valk and VF-19S are eyesores.

yeah, intake covers in bright, high visibility colors are totally silly and unrealistic. ;)

photos_1265248089.jpg

photos_1265261895.jpg

WebPicsF-18B0017_V.jpg

Well, I'm not counting the YF-19 yet. :p I picked up two of each of the VF-19 releases, and might do a little customization on one of the VF-19Ps and one of the Ss.

You collect 19's like I do 22/21's. We should like, book a basketball court and play a "miniatures" mass dogfight game. :p

yeah, intake covers in bright, high visibility colors are totally silly and unrealistic. ;)

:lol: Actually now that I think of it, I wonder if any MiG-29s paint their intake slats that way. They're the only plane I know of off the top of my head with built in mechanical covers.

To be fair, those high-vis intake covers aren't gonna be attached in the middle of a dogfight like the 19s. (yes, i see the high-vis tail insignias) :)