STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

Well, I mean, it looks like a spoiler. :p Is that what passes for a spaceship now? Guess they just went ultra-utilitarian for it, but at least the Millenium Falcon didn't look mostly like an early 80s cellphone.

There are a lot of hinged panels all over it, so I expect it opens up into a playset, but the minifigs included might be semi-spoiler-ish.

Looks like most of them are still available through Amazon, but yeah, Disney made a mess of the licensing. There's been a lengthy discussion about it over the past few pages.

And prices are creeping upwards (at least on Amazon.ca), so don't wait too long.

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2015/10/20/local-companys-lightsabers-would-make-jedi-proud/74299644/

Saberforge a locally owned company in Oregon made the news today after the latest Episode 7 trailer came out. I've been to these guys workshop and looked around and let me tell you, I would be buying from these guys with confidence.....oh wait :D I did. They're aiming to be insanely busy for the next 3 months with the holidays approaching and the new film coming out. So I'm lucky I ordered a saber before the mass hysteria takes effect.

Are any of you planning on or already subscribed to Smugglers Bounty? It's POPs licensed version of the Nerd Block.

It's a tad higher than the others, is bi monthly and only offer two plans(at no discount for the year) but it does add an exclusive annual item for the yearly sub and it's all Star Wars themed

I am on the fence. I bought one nerdblock and got some pretty decent stuff (got an awesome BB-8 plush) but I am wondering if I need that much extra Star Wars stuff every two months.

Wow, looks like all the Star Wars stuff on Amazon is still subject to the recent Disney restrictions. No item I've added to my cart will ship to Australia. So sad...

On the .ca site, I'm able to order the new Bandai Xwing from The Force Awakens.... At a crazy scalper price. I think I'll wait for the hype to die down.

Wow, that's how you ruin a great design.

I don't think there's any design there to ruin, it looks like an 80s cell phone with fins and a cockpit attached. Doesn't look even slightly like a fighter, if anything, I'd assume it's some extrapolation of the "let's put the cockpit on one side" design philosophy used in freighters like the Falcon and Outrider.

bandai_xwingresistance035.jpg

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=280535

This is the first time I have seen the two side by side. Overall I like the planform of the design. The new wing shape looks good, but I still don't like the mid-chord split. The sleeker nose has a nice profile and the canopy has been stretched forward. I would like to see a good side view to see if that is because the cockpit has been raised to provide better forward visibility. If the wings did not split at all I would almost love the design. The narrower nose profile however leaves it looking slightly needle nosed due to the lower bulk. Some kind of forward chines, canard, or even an extended LERX off the main wings would really make the design pop. The smaller engines and laser cannons don't even bother me, technology improves and things get smaller as a result.

post-341-0-92469300-1446357510_thumb.jpg

I also did some playing around in PS to see how I might have changed the T-70. It is rough, but creates a more robust and balanced design I think. Plus I would straight up move the wing split outspan of the engines and not have the split be mid chord. True, it would not longer be a true X shape, but it would show a design successor.

Edited by Knight26

Not that I ever shop there, but I went into a Hobby Lobby looking to see if they'd have the Level 2 Revell TFA X-wing. They only had the Level 1's and they were charging in upwards of $35 for it!! Does that not seem like an astronomical price for a Level 1 snap together kit?!?! Not that I'm buying it, but shouldn't the Level 1's retail for about 15 bucks? I would say it's either they're really trying hard to cash in on anything Star Wars, or they accidentally put the Level 2 price on the Level 1 kits. Seems a bit much.