STAR WARS Merchandise Episode - 2

The new bandai plasma kit looks good from the pics on the hobby site. I guess the price is for metallic coating. And the site has a place holder for a kylo ren kit too.

I tried to spell plasma but the evil spell check got me again.

i swear I'm going to kill my phone(phasma).

I'm really interested to see if Bandai makes any more 1/48th kits, especally a non-electronic X-wing. I've managed to jury rig the wing mechanism to let me turn the motor manually, but I'd really like a standard one with a scaled up 1/72-style stand base.

Plus we still need the rest of the 1/72 fighters. I've wanted a decent A-wing and B-wing kit for forever, and a Tie Interceptor should be an easy modification to the base Tie kit.

Dragon is doing 1/144 line for the original trilogy to distinguish from the Bandai line. some people say they're just too small as the F-Toys one had shown. However, I do like the idea to be able to mass produce everything in the same scale especially with a mix of ground and air vehicles.

I did buy 2x Bandai Snowspeeder and AT-ST and hoping to get a 1/48 X Wing, but now Dragon might be a better choice for army building.

The 1/35 AT-AT should be the same size as Hasbro's giant one.

I am just hoping to buy all the 1/144 ones to re-enact the Battle of Hoth without Battlfront style without the troops. Hopefully variants such as Y-Wing, TIE Interceptor will make it in. The F-Toys did have it but hard to army build due to the trading figures being sold as sets, along with being mixed scales mixed with the prequel trilogy.

Most likely they're model kits, but don't expect them to be cheap as their production capacity is low.

Maybe Dragon's Falcon will be an original trilogy version possibly even the ANH version without the extra landing gear housings. That would definitely help differentiate it from the exceptional bandai Falcon.

They do appear to be getting the AT-AT's legs wrong though. The knees don't bend backwards like that.

Chris

It seems like companies don't like making products to complement their rivals existing products, even if the rival has dominated the market already.

If they had gone with a 1/48 giant AT-AT instead, then the 1/48 equivalent of their proposed 1/144 line could be completed with:

Bandai

1/48 X Wing Moving Edition

1/48 Snowspeeder

1/48 AT-ST

Fine molds

1/48 TIE Fighter

Revell

1/50 T-70 X Wing

Hasbro

giant unpainted Millennium Falcon around 1/55 scale.

Will just need to see how mass productive these 1/144 ones are, and I hope it will go beyond phase 2.

Edited by calubin_175

I just pre-ordered the new wave of 6 inch black series with Finn as FN55 and Han. Should be a hard wave to find in stores.

Around here they're all hard to find. 3 Targets, TRU and the one Wal-Mart I dare step into have had all the same stock for months. That is to say, none at all. One Target has one Constable Zuvio with TORE UP packaging. Same Target had something like 30 Slave Leias that were all clearance awhile back.

So here's a question, would you pay 190 for that interactive R2? Came across him recently which kind of made me laugh and kept hitting his demo button. I got a fairly nice area I can put him but I dunno, 200 is pricey!

So here's a question, would you pay 190 for that interactive R2? Came across him recently which kind of made me laugh and kept hitting his demo button. I got a fairly nice area I can put him but I dunno, 200 is pricey!

Depends on the manufacturer. If it's Hasbro, tell them to f off.

What's the best site to buy the bandai Star Wars kits from. The last one I got was the Boba Fett just before the embargo. I didn't get the fo Stormtrooper yet and the Captain Phasma and Kylo Ren announcement got me a bit more interested.

If you're in the US, then Amazon.com is your best bet, with eBay as a last resort.

Big s --- I use Ebay if I can't find it for cheaper or with faster shipping than Amazon. I've bought the last 3 or 4 from the same guy in Japan, he's got good feedback and he's very reasonable. PM me if you want his info. Glad to hear you like the First Order Stormtrooper Graham!, I've got one to build this weekend hopefully!

This one?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=58329236&cp=&parentPage=search

I've got it. It's fun and noisy as heck. Wish I could hack the projector to play more stuff then just a generic Leia drawing but it is what it is. Might be something online somewhere.

The Bandai TFA X-wings that I ordered just before X-mas finally arrived in the mail today. So excited to get started on this build!

Enjoy those many many detail stickers!

Oh geeze.......it was bound to happen.

This one?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=58329236&cp=&parentPage=search

I've got it. It's fun and noisy as heck. Wish I could hack the projector to play more stuff then just a generic Leia drawing but it is what it is. Might be something online somewhere.

Yeah that's the one but hm sold out now. I saw it at a Toys R Us ........last Friday.....(?) not sure for the same price. he was cute. But seeing how they're damn hard to get ahold of I think I might just download the plans to the deathstar............I mean R2 and build my own life size replica. I've found several ways of building it that are while time consuming, are not terribly difficult.