Had we gotten a G1-ish, logical leader with a cool voice in the movie, I'd agree. But we got a grunting brute with no characterization. He was a cyclops, and that was about the only thing in common with the original. (and he wasn't even purple)

Had we gotten a G1-ish, logical leader with a cool voice in the movie, I'd agree. But we got a grunting brute with no characterization. He was a cyclops, and that was about the only thing in common with the original. (and he wasn't even purple)

hey now!

he did have his G1-voice when he uttered Prime's name in the 0.5secs alloted vocal-time he had.

that's about it, tho. ^_^;

and, oh yeah.

the nearest Target and Wally's over here are just overflowing with Generations Kup now.

still no Wreck-Gar or Warpath, tho.

^This game is gonna be SICK! Can't wait to see what they do with the updated engine and which new characters they'll introduce.

It is a safe bet that grimlock is in it though lol. Back to the tfw2005 insider news, some people got whiff of two Prime Leader class

molds, both supposedly related to season 1 characters. What that means is up to you I guess. I would say its a safe bet that one will be

OP, but I'm unsure about the other one...

Fall of Cybertron? Hasn't it already fallen in WFC? Either way, I'm really psyched that Grimlock is in there, and hopefully some other Dinobots.

Just hope it lasts longer than the mere 12 hours WFC took to complete. And more unlockables.

Back to the tfw2005 insider news, some people got whiff of two Prime Leader class

molds, both supposedly related to season 1 characters. What that means is up to you I guess. I would say its a safe bet that one will be

OP, but I'm unsure about the other one...

Great news! I hate the faux windscreen kibble on TF Prime voyager class OP's chest, and the scale was wrong, too. Hopefully, like his other leader class incarnation, his alt mode windscreen will actually convert into his chest plates. I dunno, I just have a peeve against faux kibble.

Great news! I hate the faux windscreen kibble on TF Prime voyager class OP's chest, and the scale was wrong, too. Hopefully, like his other leader class incarnation, his alt mode windscreen will actually convert into his chest plates. I dunno, I just have a peeve against faux kibble.

Did you get him in a store, online, or at Comicon? Should I be looking for TF Prime toys in stores yet?

Did you get him in a store, online, or at Comicon? Should I be looking for TF Prime toys in stores yet?

I just saw the pics of the voyager fig at Seibertron--quite a while ago, I might add. Not a bad figure, quite CG-accurate in fact, but the faux chest-plates was a deal breaker for me.

If memory serves, VC OP is part of the wave 1 voyager class releases, and should be out around December '11 at the earliest, or Q1 '12 at the latest.

I just saw the pics of the voyager fig at Seibertron--quite a while ago, I might add. Not a bad figure, quite CG-accurate in fact, but the faux chest-plates was a deal breaker for me.

If memory serves, VC OP is part of the wave 1 voyager class releases, and should be out around December '11 at the earliest, or Q1 '12 at the latest.

Thanks for the info. I'm not really interested in most of the TF Prime line, as I feel it borrows to heavily from the Bay-universe designs, but I seem to collect Optimus and Megatron regardless.

Thanks for the info. I'm not really interested in most of the TF Prime line, as I feel it borrows to heavily from the Bay-universe designs, but I seem to collect Optimus and Megatron regardless.

No problem, man. I wasn't much of a fan of TF Prime's rather derivative designs either, but I guess the show slowly endeared me to the designs as I got acquainted with the characters.

Yeah, I'll definitely snag Prime Arcee. I'd love an Airachnid too, but that design seems nigh-impossible to translate into reality.

I'd buy a Knockout fig, too, I think. Decepticon cars=awesome.

Arcee and Knockout are at the top of my to-buy list as far as deluxe figs are concerned. Voyager Bulkhead is surprisingly CG-accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

aside from the springs, this thing's pretty much all-plastic. no diecast, afaict.

ratchety and clickety, tho. which is damn kewl!

did the orange japanese-edition have any diecast?

Can't prove it, but I doubt it. Given it was a main-line children's toy made this decade, I suspect the mold of being thoroughly unsuited to metal.

Also, anywhere outside the legs would make it TERRIBLY top-heavy. Heck, the ratchets in the ankles of my Classics Unicron don't even like to carry the weight of the plastic above them. Doesn't take much to make him start leaning backwards.

Not... sure... if... want...

I absolutely do no want. That Arcee looks like butt. Bee's not bad, but he's not a NYC taxi, either.

I see they have Prime, too. Is that really a Deluxe? I've seen better scouts. Here's hoping for a decent Voyager version...

Another Starscream? Really?

*shakes head*

It's not even worth the effort to make fun of them anymore.

Agreed.

There are so many other characters that would be worthy of a Masterpiece entry. But a second Starscream is not one of them...

-b.

There are so many other characters that would be worthy of a Masterpiece entry.

While I also cannot see evidence for any demand for another version of Starscream, I really think there are not many more iconic characters for Takara to do in the MP line. Galvatron, if only to give Hot Rod an adversary? Ultra Magnus as a white repaint of Prime is a given, and they MAY consider doing the actual transforming trailer as armour this time, but really... what else? Bumblebee? Not if he's not a VW Beetle... Soundwave? Wouldn't be the most exciting transformation...

As much as I hate to say it, it's probably more likely that they will bring out another Megatron next.

While I also cannot see evidence for any demand for another version of Starscream, I really think there are not many more iconic characters for Takara to do in the MP line. Galvatron, if only to give Hot Rod an adversary? Ultra Magnus as a white repaint of Prime is a given, and they MAY consider doing the actual transforming trailer as armour this time, but really... what else? Bumblebee? Not if he's not a VW Beetle... Soundwave? Wouldn't be the most exciting transformation...

As much as I hate to say it, it's probably more likely that they will bring out another Megatron next.

but A new Megatron would make sense. we've got prime in a new scale so he needs a Megatron to go with him; and more importantly the original MP Megatron was crap and needs a redo more than any other MP figure.

Also, I want an MP Soundwave. For one it's Soundwave (that should be enough reason right there) and two, MP Cassette bots would be amazing.

They could go with more characters from the '86 movie; Cyclonus, Springer or Arcee and of course Galvatron, I think would all be welcome additions. If you wanted to stick with TV then perhaps an Iron Hide or Prowl, hell even a MP Optimus from Beast Wars would be more interesting than another Starscream (which wasn't that bad to begin with).

-b.