has the conformal fuel tanks removed, so it doesn't have the popeye arms. Has the hip kibble moved to the legs and there looks to be some other mold changes to the skirt and torso.

And what I think is the best improvement, there's a dedicated HEEL piece and not just the thruster so making it stand should be a lot easier this time around.

You mean has the option of moving the leg kibble to the hips removed. :p

Apparently "Busta Phrymes" is being reissued in a two-pack with Jetfire? I don't care for Jetfire, but what does everyone think?

I don't have a ROTF Leader Prime, I always put it off, but now I think it might be time to finally bite the bullet since I like fun transformations, and the videos I've seen certainly make it look that way.

Do you think this set is worthwhile? Anything I should be aware of?

Apparently "Busta Phrymes" is being reissued in a two-pack with Jetfire? I don't care for Jetfire, but what does everyone think?

I don't have a ROTF Leader Prime, I always put it off, but now I think it might be time to finally bite the bullet since I like fun transformations, and the videos I've seen certainly make it look that way.

Do you think this set is worthwhile? Anything I should be aware of?

Your right jetfire is pretty much junk at least this one comes with more paint apps and none of that crap blue. Anyways, buster prime is pretty sweet, probably the most detailed paint wise of all the ROTF molds. I've never seen Takara use so much awesome silver paint on one mold before.......ever well maybe MP-05. Anyways, the transforming gas tank guns are a little fragile, they don't crumble, but they don't connect together very solidly. The joints are probably going to be the most solid as well...probably due to all that silver paint. :lol: I think the last part is to be patient when freeing the chest panels going from robot to truck mode you kind of need to angle them inward and then pull outwards or else you'll be having one hell of a time..... Finally when lining up the front portion of the cab and grill section will take a lot of patience so go slow as tolerances in that section can be a little iffy. Other than that good luck.

I just came back from Marshall's. I found an RTS Wreck-Gar for $6.99, and the battle-damaged Leader Prime for $24.99. If you don't mind the battle damage look and you want a RTS Leader Prime and a good price, you might try there.

For those interested, I found a Leader Starscream that I passed on for the same price. I also saw the big metallic Bumblebee Shin was talking about, although it was marked $34.99. I might pick that up after work tomorrow if it's still there. I thought it was the same mold as the expensive Bumbleebee from the first movie, but it actually looks a lot better.

IMHO the vehicle mode improvement isn't enough to warrant re-purchasing. (in some ways it's worse).

Anyways---Buster Prime 2-pack reissue? Hmmn. May buy it. (I still regret missing it last time). Is it EXACTLY the same as the previous two-pack? Specifically--chrome? Pin-striping color? (blue vs silver). Mouth vs mask?

You mean has the option of moving the leg kibble to the hips removed. :p

If the pre-Kawamori Screamer is actually an improvement, it makes me wonder just why Takara even asked him to tinker around with the MP line in the first place. Star power, perhaps? I know the hip kibble was his idea, as was that weird "zombie green" color scheme.

As for MP-11 itself, it's just not enough of an improvement to me to add this to my must-buy list. I mean, come on; it's just a remold!

They could have done something about the neck . The way it rises above the two chest turbines makes it look weird.

Although I still wonder why Kawamori would associate a traitorous, sneaky robot like Starscream with a samurai, I don't hate the hip kibble/pseudo samurai swords as much as I expected. G1 inaccuracy aside, I actually think it looks okay.

That said, I'm still tempted. The face looks like a nice improvement, and the chest area seems to come together a lot better than the original.

Your right jetfire is pretty much junk at least this one comes with more paint apps and none of that crap blue. Anyways, buster prime is pretty sweet, probably the most detailed paint wise of all the ROTF molds. I've never seen Takara use so much awesome silver paint on one mold before.......ever well maybe MP-05. Anyways, the transforming gas tank guns are a little fragile, they don't crumble, but they don't connect together very solidly. The joints are probably going to be the most solid as well...probably due to all that silver paint. :lol: I think the last part is to be patient when freeing the chest panels going from robot to truck mode you kind of need to angle them inward and then pull outwards or else you'll be having one hell of a time..... Finally when lining up the front portion of the cab and grill section will take a lot of patience so go slow as tolerances in that section can be a little iffy. Other than that good luck.

Hmm. Doesn't sound like too much fun. And Jetfire is a waste of space, as I assumed, huh? Oh well, perhaps I'll skip this one again and save my monies.

If the pre-Kawamori Screamer is actually an improvement, it makes me wonder just why Takara even asked him to tinker around with the MP line in the first place. Star power, perhaps? I know the hip kibble was his idea, as was that weird "zombie green" color scheme.

because the original prototypes F-15 mode looked like ass. SK was brought on to make the fighter look less ass-tastic. That's probably why we've only seen the Alt mode on MP-11 form one angle where you can't see any of the undercarriage.

No, it looked amazingly good based on how G1-accurate the robot mode was. Kawamori just added CFT's (of the wrong shape up front) to hide the arms from the side. Robot mode took a HUGE step back for a small improvement from one angle in jet mode. (and this is coming from a guy who leaves most of his valks and TF's in vehicle mode)

MainSeekers.gif

got nothin on these Jetcon legs captain

not saying MP-03 did everything perfect but at least the option was there

so now does iGear have to bootleg the new version

ps their new name is Jetcon. In Japan they were Jetrons so we should use the equivalent. Or Jeticon works if you're into that symmetry thing.

got nothin on these Jetcon legs captain

not saying MP-03 did everything perfect but at least the option was there

so now does iGear have to bootleg the new version

ps their new name is Jetcon. In Japan they were Jetrons so we should use the equivalent. Or Jeticon works if you're into that symmetry thing.

By now the pre-Kawamori mold belongs as part of ancient history in toy designing. The legs on MP-11 should look like they do in that pic: no stupid tail fins nor super high hills. TakaraTomi should follow the examples set by Bandai and Yamato; when they do another version of the same toy they freaking set the bar so high you really want to buy it again, not pass on it.

*snip*TakaraTomi should follow the examples set by Bandai and Yamato; when they do another version of the same toy they freaking set the bar so high you really want to buy it again, not pass on it.

QFT

-b.

because the original prototypes F-15 mode looked like ass. SK was brought on to make the fighter look less ass-tastic. That's probably why we've only seen the Alt mode on MP-11 form one angle where you can't see any of the undercarriage.

*opens reply*

*begins typing*

*notices Avatar*

*shrieks like a little girl*

Okay, now that I have that- awuuugh!- out of my system, do you have pre- and post-ass pictures of MP-03? I see the changes they made in robot mode, but fail to see any for jet mode.

Well, I picked up the Battle Ops Bee at Marshall's. The metallic gold paint makes it look very nice (although not as nice as the Japanese Masterpiece version, as it seems to be missing some of the paint apps on his hands and feet that the MP version does). I only have a few gripes. For as big and expensive as the toy originally was, would it have killed them to put a hinge in the door so that it split like in the movie? Granted, none of the Bee toys do, but this is supposed to be one of the better ones, right? His arm gun seems a little twitchy too, like it's most comfortable halfway between a hand and a gun. Finally, although his transformation isn't difficult at all, I can't seem to get the seams to line up on his roof in Camaro mode at all.

Oh, yeah, I should probably point out that most of the top of the car is kibble in bot mode. That seems to be a common problem with movie Bee, as I've noticed that it's pretty much the same on Ultimate and Human Alliance Bumblebee. That doesn't really bother me, though.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't get all the reviews that suggest that Battle Ops Bee is "approximately Leader-sized". I don't have a lot of Leader-class toys, mind you, but he's bigger than any Leader toy I have. In fact, he's slightly shorter than MP Prime or MP Megatron, slightly taller than MP Grimlock, MP Seekers, or MP Hot Rod. Maybe the original yellow version was ugly or something, but with the metallic gold paint I'd say he's definitely more MP than Leader.

Edited by mikeszekely

I don't get all the reviews that suggest that Battle Ops Bee is "approximately Leader-sized". I don't have a lot of Leader-class toys, mind you, but he's bigger than any Leader toy I have.
I've never stood them side by side, but I'd guess he's close in height to ROTF Leader Prime.

*opens reply*

*begins typing*

*notices Avatar*

*shrieks like a little girl*

Words cannot describe how much this has made my evening.

Okay, now that I have that- awuuugh!- out of my system, do you have pre- and post-ass pictures of MP-03? I see the changes they made in robot mode, but fail to see any for jet mode.

the original:

azdoiq.jpg

and the redesign:

5jv8l1.jpg

Theses aren't the best photos but the gist of it is that on the original the arms, hips and lower legs are just there on the underside of the plane with no effort to hide the fact that they're robot limbs. SK' redesign added CFT's to the sides of the fuselage and restyled the legs to make it sleeker. It isn't accurate to a real F-15, but it looks more convincingly like the underside of something that can fly than the original's folded up brick of robot parts.

Knees and shins, yes---but the arms are exactly the same, on the bottom surfaces. The basic F-15 fuselage is dead flat and square where sides of the the arms are. Adding CFT's did round it off---but since a CFT-less F-15 is square there, blocky square arms are just as accurate. (and the waist is pretty similar between the 2 versions)

I've never stood them side by side, but I'd guess he's close in height to ROTF Leader Prime.

Leader Prime comes up to around Battle Ops Bee's shoulders.

LEADERBB28_1268917718.jpg

I can't stress enough how much better the Costo Bee looks versus the regular one, either.

Edited by mikeszekely

In MP-3's case, I can't say the means justifies the ends. Sure, Kawamori's version covers up the fuselage somewhat better, but the included stand doesn't really expose the jet's mode's underside all that much for it to matter, unless you're looking at it from eye level.

Damn, I personnaly like the MP-11 in robot mode with the cape. The plane mode fails though.. I have the original MP-03, and i like that color scheme better, but always wanted the black or blue scheme too, so dont know if i should wait... Still, the robot mode of starscream looks pretty nice.

"plane mode fails---MP-03 color scheme better"-----are you saying Greenscream has a better/more accurate paint-job than the Ghost Grey G1 version? Can't quite tell what you mean from your post.

MP-11 is the first G1-esque Starscream toy since the original G1 toy itself to actually get the color right. (still dunno why "G1 SS" has been nearly white the past couple of iterations---he never was before, he was always very clearly definitely obviously grey)

I just realized I've never actually owned a G1-esque Starscream toy and I don't think I ever will. G1 Starscream is actually my least favorite iteration of the character from a purely esthetic standpoint.

MP-11 is the first G1-esque Starscream toy since the original G1 toy itself to actually get the color right. (still dunno why "G1 SS" has been nearly white the past couple of iterations---he never was before, he was always very clearly definitely obviously grey)

Classics Starscream (the first one, not the Universe 2.0 repaint) was grey.

Because gray is boring and neutral and lame while white is popping and hip and stylish.

Or possibly just because everyone hates us.

What do we have to do to get an MP Soundwave? His so-called "Classics" version was just a glorified Encore G1 reissue, while almost all the other G1 characters had updated figures in the Classics/Henkei/Generations line [his WFC version doesn't count, technically, because it's Cybertronian].

Alright, I know a cassette player is yesterday's technology, and kids these days don't even know what it is. But even if they won't do it in the more child-oriented lines, the MP is the perfect line for it. After all, MP's are specifically catered towards the adult collector market, and are supposed to give us updated versions of our favorite G1 toys from the 1980's.

That said, Galvatron hasn't seen a decent update in a while, either.

Thought Takara's official stance was the MP3 player Soundwave was the Masterpiece version?

And I still think that was a missed opportunity. CompactFlash cards would've been PERFECT for a Soundwave toy. They're big enough that you can make transforming "cassettes" while still being a functional flash RAM format, and one that fits the aesthetic of the character too.

But why do something sane when you can use SD Cards for no good reason? (and fill the overpriced plastic robot with parts from a cheap 5-dollar MP3 player instead of something that works right. But whatever.)

ALL HAIL OUR SD OVERLORDS!