I thought MP3 Soundwave was supposed to be under the Music Label line?

And yeah, I totally agree with you about their choice of data storage. And of all SD card sizes, they had to use the all but defunct mini-SD!

But the fact of the matter is, not many of us are actually going to use the damn thing as a music player. You can only store a maximum of 1 pitiful GB on it, and it doesn't even allow for playlists. It's sub-par as a functioning MP3 player, but I bought it for one reason alone: to have a [rather expensive] deluxe-size Soundwave figure to go with my Classics figs.

I'd always hoped that Hasbro might release Music Label Soundwave sans electronics here under the Classics/Universe/Generations line. He struck me as a nice toy, but not one worth the extra cost for being an MP3 player on top of the cost of importing him.

I'd always hoped that Hasbro might release Music Label Soundwave sans electronics here under the Classics/Universe/Generations line. He struck me as a nice toy, but not one worth the extra cost for being an MP3 player on top of the cost of importing him.

According to TFwiki, fans have made that exact suggestion to Hasbro during a Q&A session at a convention. The gist of their rather roundabout answer was that it wasn't a simple matter of gutting the electronics, as there were many parts that were integral to the fig itself. However, they refused to give details on just which parts are integral to the fig.

I think what Hasbro's trying to say is: "It just ain't gonna happen, kids."

According to TFwiki, fans have made that exact suggestion to Hasbro during a Q&A session at a convention. The gist of their rather roundabout answer was that it wasn't a simple matter of gutting the electronics, as there were many parts that were integral to the fig itself. However, they refused to give details on just which parts are integral to the fig.

I think what Hasbro's trying to say is: "It just ain't gonna happen, kids."

My first bet would be that the buttons don't stay in place without electronics under them to hold them in.

Beyond that... the circuit board itself could easily be a major structural member. If you have a big stiff piece of fiberglass taking up the majority of your toy's internal volume, it actually makes sense to screw everything through it and use the PCB as a brace.

Not that I don't think a plastic plate or two could be substituted for PCBs to minimal ill effect.

I think the bigger issue is that there's no way in hell you can make MP3 Soundwave child-safe. He's made pretty much entirely of choking hazards from what I know.

Yeah, MP3 Soundwave is definitely not child-safe, especially the swappable hands. The "wave bluster" canon could also easily poke an eye out. No, I didn't mistype it; it was spelled exactly that way on the weapon itself. Right up there with "New Edwars."

it's Gundam Seed, it might not be a typo.

I've watched Gundam Seed once upon a time, the horribly local-dubbed version on tv [they kept calling Athrun, Aslan, as in the talking lion in Narnia]. The names were kinda weird [Meer?], but nothing that would faze a seasoned anime fan.

Didn't notice anything particularly crazy about the names. Care to elaborate?

Oh...that bad, huh?

To be honest, it was the first and only Gundam series I've watched to date, and I was pretty clueless about WTF was happening, no thanks to the shitty local dubbing.

All I got out of the whole thing was that this "Aslan" guy used to be buddies with Kira, and somewhere along the way, three chicks named Meer, Lacus and that other one [personally dubbed the third tenor, cause you never can recall past Domingo and Pavarotti] fell in love with the two. Oh, and there was this ship with two canons with mythological names,

Seriously, phase crap?! :lol:

What the hell was it originally supposed to be? I really can't imagine.

I don't think JB0 typed phase crap. We have a language filter, and we know that it's supposed to be called "phase shift." Misspell "shift" in a way that's going to make the language filter change it to crap...

I don't think JB0 typed phase crap. We have a language filter, and we know that it's supposed to be called "phase shift." Misspell "shift" in a way that's going to make the language filter change it to crap...

You've no idea how hard I'm laughing right now! :lol:

Now it all makes sense.

I... completely forgot about the profanity filter.

Yes, it was the sticker said phase shift minus f.

I was sorely tempted to buy the model just for the sticker. The internet says it was the first run of master grade Freedom models.

And apparently it was ONLY the first run. Bandai continues to disappoint me. That's the kind of mistake you embrace and run with, not the kind you pretend never happened. :p

Actually, I'd like a full sheet of nothing BUT phase shift-f stickers. I could stick them on EVERYTHING!

Yeah, MP3 Soundwave is definitely not child-safe, especially the swappable hands. The "wave bluster" canon could also easily poke an eye out. No, I didn't mistype it; it was spelled exactly that way on the weapon itself. Right up there with "New Edwars."

But you did mistype "cannon"... :p

I... completely forgot about the profanity filter.

Yes, it was the sticker said phase shift minus f.

I was sorely tempted to buy the model just for the sticker. The internet says it was the first run of master grade Freedom models.

And apparently it was ONLY the first run. Bandai continues to disappoint me. That's the kind of mistake you embrace and run with, not the kind you pretend never happened. :p

Actually, I'd like a full sheet of nothing BUT phase shift-f stickers. I could stick them on EVERYTHING!

LOL! I'd like a private license plate with that!

Damn, I was planning to buy that MG kit, but funds were tight back then. I'll bet stickers like that would fetch a pretty penny on Ebay.

EBay's unspoken motto: there's a sucker registered every minute. :p

But you did mistype "cannon"... :p

No sir, it was a sarcastic play on the misspelling of said weapon...that's my story and I'm sticking with it. :lol:

Got the Battle Ops Bumblebee upon seing posts here that it was a good toy. I have to say, i cant believe how satisfied and fun it is to play with this one, as I am used to buying the 100 $ + toys, so didnt expect anything out of a 15$ toy, but boy was i wrong. I also got the blue wreker delux version, and it is fun too. That one however will need some detailing on my end (or more so than the bumblebee toy). I would get the Striker Optimus, but 150$ shipped when i can have fun with 15$ toys seems a bit much, so i guess i will wait to see video review before doing anything, as worst case, i still have my MP-01 which is at its place for now. Waiting for the red delux wreker in nov/dec, hopefully we get it in Canada too, or i can get it somewhere not too expensive.

I wish I could get a fig like that. But even @ commission prices, it will probably be $3000+, and that is $3000 that even I am not foolhardy enough to spend on a single item, a toy at that....

Macross toys at $250 is pushing it, but this would be overkill :p

Epic *sigh*

Edited by Archer

^^Doesn't he say that his stuff has TONS of primer and multiple layers on top of the paint to protect it during transformation? But yeah, I can see where you're coming from. A single scratch, and with those prices, I might have heart failure...

so, apparently Fall of Cybertron is getting its very own toy line, unlike the few releases for War for Cybertron.

This is good news indeed. Leader class Optimus is on his way :)

Links?

Dunno if I want to shell out for or have the space for Leaders, but I'd kill for a Voyager of Prime and Megatron.

Links?

Dunno if I want to shell out for or have the space for Leaders, but I'd kill for a Voyager of Prime and Megatron.

Oh, sorry about that, I should have said "I am interested in a leader Optimus Prime, which I thought would be inevitable". But yeah, I don't have the link right now, but I believe that it was confirmed at the Hasbro investors meeting that Fall of Cybertron will be recieving a whole line to its own, and that a new series for the Hub, called rescuebots or something was airing next week (!)?

Anyone else confirm?

• 2 weeks later...