I've gotten them so far. I've been impressed with the designs, both robot and vehicle. The crane's even got all the pieces for you to thread the hook if you want too. Are they worth $80 a pop? If they weren't going to combine into a massive Devastator Hercules at the end, I wouldn't pay that much for them. It's all about the promise of a massive, kick-butt combiner. Of course, if the final product turns out to suck, the joke will be on me.

I took the plunge and ordered them. My 1s time buying a non-official toy and paying Yamato-esque prices for it. I hope the joke won't be on us both. :ph34r:

because it has to be able to survive being thrown down a flight of stairs and run on AAs.

I seriously don't get Hasbro's love affair with AAs in places where AAAs or button cells would last "forever."

But then, I think everything should use J cells just because they look awesome, so I guess they're allowed a favorite cell too..

Edited by JB0

I'm dang curious as to how the new Airachnid figure's going to work. Shell-former with 100x the on-screen amount of kibble? Would love a Voyager, but more likely a Deluxe since it's a female character.

Takara solicitations confirms Airachnid as a deluxe fig [designated RID Airachnid] and the alt mode is definitely a chopper. It remains to be seen if she'll be getting a third altmode as a spider, but it's pretty likely, since if just involves wrapping her legs in some kibble to create some sort of fishtail.

I'd personally hope they just leave out the spider mode entirely and focus on a good looking figure in robot and chopper mode. The wouldn't have to mess with a bunch of abdomen kibble and it's not like they could ever pull off functional spider legs of that didn't look like crap.

She's got helicopter canopy halves on her shoulders---but that's about it. The rest of it comes from where exactly?

A few months ago I thought the same thing about Arcee. As a triple-changer, Airachnid is more of a challenge, but I think they can pull it off.

My concern is with ANY figure of Airachnid, spidery or no. She's got helicopter canopy halves on her shoulders---but that's about it. The rest of it comes from where exactly?

The rotors will come from the spider legs, and the back half of the chopper will probably be formed by the legs and/or waist kibble.

I'd personally hope they just leave out the spider mode entirely and focus on a good looking figure in robot and chopper mode. The wouldn't have to mess with a bunch of abdomen kibble and it's not like they could ever pull off functional spider legs of that didn't look like crap.

I don't care much for the spider mode either, since it's pretty much a mermaid with spider legs on her back. Then again, seeing as how she transforms into her helicopter mode, it's just a matter of only transforming the back end of her helicopter mode while leaving the torso and spider legs untouched.

Unlike the movies, I heard that the TF Prime designs were either done in collaboration with Hasbro's designers or exclusively by them, which means the bots can be more easily made into toys. Same for WFC, I think.

Edited by GU-11

So I went to the Walmart they opened right by my house... it was a tad underwhelming. For a grand opening, it didn't seem any busier than any of the other area Walmarts, and despite its newness it was only stocked with the same Dark of the Moon crap I've seen everywhere else. There isn't a scrap of Transformers Prime merchandise to be had around here, save the "Darkness Rising" DVD.

Transformers Prime: The Complete First Season, on Blu-ray and DVD March 6th.

According to the sticker on the front, it's going to contain all 26 episodes. I was thinking that it might be like Animated, where the multi-part premier wasn't included, but now I'm glad I've dragged my feet on picking up the now-obsolete Darkness Rising release.

Transformers Prime: The Complete First Season, on Blu-ray and DVD March 6th.

According to the sticker on the front, it's going to contain all 26 episodes. I was thinking that it might be like Animated, where the multi-part premier wasn't included, but now I'm glad I've dragged my feet on picking up the now-obsolete Darkness Rising release.

Alright, Shout factory, You did a complete transformers prime season 1 blu-ray, and you did it for $65... now where the hell are my My Little Pony Blu-Rays?

So guess what I just saw at TRU today, Prime: Robot in Disguise toys. Seriously, I've seen all of 2 prime toys (both of which were f**king bumblebee's) since they first started showing up in US stores and now they're already on to F**king RID toys. There was 3 voyager primes and 1 bumblebee, both look like crap compared to the first edition ones.

Seriously, F*CK YOU TOYS R' US. :angry:

[edit]

And you know what, f**k hasbro too. f*ck there bullshit case assortments, and f**k there new molds.

[edit 2]

and f**k TRU one more time for good measure.

[edit 3]

Also; F**k target, wallmart and every other major retailer for not carrying Prime first edition toys in the first place.

[edit 4]

and why is it that the boards word filter sh*t to crap, but don't wordfilter bullshit at all?

[edit 5]

maybe I should just cave and put in a preorder with bbts. they've got the wave 1.5 deluxe asortment for 70 shipped... that's only a dollar more per figure vs. retail (god damn California sales tax)... :unsure:

Edited by anime52k8

[edit 4]

and why is it that the boards word filter sh*t to crap, but don't wordfilter bullshit at all?

THAT one I can answer.

Bullpoop requires a seperate filter from regular poop to prevent every single word that contains s, h, i, and t in consecutive order from being censored.

Not an excessive concern in this case, but some curses DO show up inside other words fairly often. I've been on boards where the filters underwent several tweaks to allow intelligible conversation while still dealing effectively with unwanted language.

Remember, the filter knows not what the words are. It just sees some letters and replaces them with other letters.

And no one thought to add bullpoop to the list because.... I dunno. I've honestly always been surprised the board HAS a filter.

We all seem... perhaps "mature" is the wrong word, given the thread... responsible enough to be trusted with potty words. I assume that's why no one escalated the filters to include bullpoop in addition to regular poop.

I'm self-censoring to poop as a way to balance a respect for the intent behind the filters with having an intelligent discussion ABOUT the filters.

Also, poop is more fun to say than it rightly should be at my age.

Poop.

So guess what I just saw at TRU today, Prime: Robot in Disguise toys. Seriously, I've seen all of 2 prime toys (both of which were f**king bumblebee's) since they first started showing up in US stores and now they're already on to F**king RID toys. There was 3 voyager primes and 1 bumblebee, both look like crap compared to the first edition ones.

Seriously, F*CK YOU TOYS R' US. :angry:

[edit]

And you know what, f**k hasbro too. f*ck there bullshit case assortments, and f**k they're new molds.

[edit 2]

and f**k TRU one more time for good measure.

[edit 3]

Also; F**k target, wallmart and every other major retailer for not carrying Prime first edition toys in the first place.

[edit 4]

[edit 5]

maybe I should just cave and put in a preorder with bbts. they've got the wave 1.5 deluxe asortment for 70 shipped... that's only a dollar more per figure vs. retail (god damn California sales tax)... :unsure:

Seconded. At least for edits 1-3.

First Edition: Gimmick-free! 'nuff said IMHO. I still don't think I've ever seen a gimmick that improved a TF, and even fewer that didn't hamper the transformation/looks.

"What Arcee really needs, is a giant blade twice her size---that'll be MUCH better than the current mold".

I'm probably going to pick up RID Megatron because it's the first voyager Megatron we're getting.

Having seen it in person I can say RID voyager prime looks awful. He's got undersized, hollow looking legs; zero red on the front of his torso and his forearms are clear blue plastic for no apparent reason. Also his mechtech weapon is smaller than the usual DotM voyager guns and it doesn't lock open, so it's basically a DotM deluxe mechtech gun with an LED light in it.

So I did end up taking the BBTS preorders for the set of 4 deluxes and a single Voyager prime (I'm not paying $37 for a voyager, even bulkhead). I guess now I'm on the lookout for Soundwave, Wheeljack and Voyager Meg's

:edit:

By the way, Is anyone else annoyed that they changed the names of all the size classes AGAIN? Apparently they're "revealers", "Powerizers", and "Weaponizers" now.

Edited by anime52k8

Again with the light-up gimmicks. And now they've got transparent plastic limbs that light up. The only "Safe" ones to pick up now are the deluxe aka flashers revealers class Soundwave and Vehicon. Any figure with a clear plastic limb, no matter how much I like the character, if off the list.

Yeah, there is the question of Japanese prices plus shipping.

And with the way they're treating the TF Prime line, I'm getting increasingly concerned about the proposed FOC game tie-in figures. Please, Hasbro; no more silly-ass gimmicks at the cost of aesthetics. Save those for the kiddie Gravitybot/FAB/legends figs where they belong.

Edited by GU-11