So, how difficult do you think it would be to take Megatron apart? I'd like to paint him up once I get him, but proper masking to spray paint it will be a bitch if I cant get him apart.

And what is the construction like on his bicep? I'd like to try adding one if there's enough room and it won't interfere with transformation.

:edit:

are those striations on his chest brushstrokes in the paint or is that from the plastic?

God damn it, that's texture in the plastic. please tell me the gray parts are at least molded in a hard enough plastic to sand down...

Edited by anime52k8

Makes me wonder why they had to modify Optimus as a character for that. They could have used any of the more famous city bots like Metroplex, Fortress Maximus or even Trypticon for the job. That way, even if the kids won't bite, the adult collectors would for nostalgia's sake.

But Prime's a citybot too. Powermaster Optimus and Star Convoy, at least.

Well, okay, more like lightly-fortified-building-bot, but whatever. Metroplex was what, two skyscrapers and a parking garage? Citybot was always a pretty loose class.

At work atm, but will let you know as soon as I get back home. Which will be 10 hrs from this post. Maybe someone else can answer beforehand. Haven't had the chance to inspect the rest of the fig's textures.

Where'd you find him at, if you don't mind my asking? Since it seems unlikely I'll ever find the First Edition Entertainment Pack with the Deluxes (or the better-looking Voyager Prime), I guess I'd settle for Voyager Powerizer Prime and Megatron.

Got them in so-cal. Rowland heights target. Had to ask for them using dcpi numbers. Only one new case for that Sunday morning. No deluxes. :-( I think target isn't supposed to put them out yet, but I know the scalpers run rampant around here. TRU in Rowland had one prime rid bb.

*edit:

There's no "grey". If you mean the abysmal brown? rust? color, yes, it's textured too.

Arm can pop off the shoulder from ball joint, but a pin as the elbow joint connects the bicep to the forearm. There are screws holding the white plastic on the forearm that's around the translucent purple.

Edited by Negotiator

Got them in so-cal. Rowland heights target. Had to ask for them using dcpi numbers. Only one new case for that Sunday morning. No deluxes. :-( I think target isn't supposed to put them out yet, but I know the scalpers run rampant around here. TRU in Rowland had one prime rid bb.

*edit:

There's no "grey". If you mean the abysmal brown? rust? color, yes, it's textured too.

Arm can pop off the shoulder from ball joint, but a pin as the elbow joint connects the bicep to the forearm. There are screws holding the white plastic on the forearm that's around the translucent purple.

You wouldn't happen to have those dcpi numbers handy, would you?

Meandered by my local TRU last night. As usual they had the Deluxe First Edition Optimus/Megatron combo. But they also had some FE Starscreams (*yoink!*) and Bumblebee (*pass*). The Till Lady said they didn't have any Arcee's yet but the computer said they were due to be in.

I hold out hope.

You wouldn't happen to have those dcpi numbers handy, would you?

Deluxe 087-06-0546

Voyager 087-06-0807

You can plug in your zip and city on the following links and check online.

Deluxe - Target Mobile Site Find in Store

Voyager - Target Mobile Site Find in Store

Picked up Wheeljack and Soundwave yesterday from Target. Soundwave is pretty cool, although not quite what I associate the name with. Wheeljack is absolutely amazing, and one of the best deluxe TFs I've ever seen. One thing cool about him is that even though he is Prime he could kind of pass for Classics and Animated as well. Just a really, really solid carformer.

He'd almost make a perfect animated Wheeljack if he wasn't so damn small. The few animated toys I have absolutely dwarf him. and I keep him away from my classics figures because i've already got a classics Wheeljack and I think that one is a better figure. I love Wheeljack as a prime toy and think he's really well done, but the fact that he doesn't have a proper bicep swivel just knocks him down a bit below the classics mold (and that classics Wheeljack is by far my favorite mold to come out of generations).

This feels kind of bad to say but I actually felt a little more satisfied by Cliffjumper than Wheeljack when I first got them. Wheeljack is definitely a better figure, but I think because I was so ready to hate that Cliffjumper figure that I was pleasantly surprised by the qualities it does have. He's got a really nice car mode, his possibility below the waist is great and the colors/paint apps are much better in person than in pictures. the only real problems I have with him are that he's incredibly hollow looking from the sides/rear and he's his arms, while serviceable, are kind of strange.

Now what I'm particularly curious about is seeing how they handle weapons on future releases. Just on the first wave we've got a 50/50 split between big weapons slapped on a vehicle (cliff and bee) and well integrated accessories with storage in both modes (Wheeljack and Soundwave).

Wheeljack doesn't seem that small to me. As for Cliffjumper, I've got the FE version and after handling the RiD version I have no desire to replace the FE with it. Just feels sort of junky and half-assed in comparison. That said, if the RiD version were the only one available, I might have been OK with it.

Deluxe 087-06-0546

Voyager 087-06-0807

You can plug in your zip and city on the following links and check online.

Deluxe - Target Mobile Site Find in Store

Voyager - Target Mobile Site Find in Store

Picked up Wheeljack and Soundwave yesterday from Target. Soundwave is pretty cool, although not quite what I associate the name with. Wheeljack is absolutely amazing, and one of the best deluxe TFs I've ever seen. One thing cool about him is that even though he is Prime he could kind of pass for Classics and Animated as well. Just a really, really solid carformer.

Thanks. According to the link you posted, both of the Targets in my area should have the Voyagers. At this point, I guess I'll get RiD Prime and Megatron, then quit on Transformers until FoC.

Meandered by my local TRU last night. As usual they had the Deluxe First Edition Optimus/Megatron combo.

That's more than my TRU. The only Prime toys they had were the... whatever they're calling Legends class now.

703f1447.jpg

Very nice! Any comments on the build quality? How's the joints in gestalt mode? Tight? I haven't got mine yet.

In other news i impulse bought a KO fansproject City Commander trailer. Really awesome stuff. The only issue i had with it was the shoulders and hands don't stay on. But easily fixable by inserting cardboard in between them to make them tight and snug. But since the KO was based on the 1s release of City Commander, it doesn't come with the gun and shoulder missiles. :( Checked ebay and the price for the original city commander addons are exorbitantly expensive...90 bucks or something. Hope they will KO the addon or there are other 4th party alternatives.

Swindle's upside down, that I think is the biggest difference from what he "should" look like in combined mode. (all the mis-transformation in the world wouldn't affect that). Everything else---I'll wait until Peaugh gets his copies and transforms them properly.

TF fandom rule #1---the more anticipated a figure, the worse Hasbro will mis-transform it for the reveal pics.

I sure hope he has a left hand, and not just a "pile of bits to make a weapon"-----having no real hands is probably the #1 thing that irks me with so many combiners.

Wheeljack doesn't seem that small to me.

He's not an absolute midget but he's only about as tall as his generations counterpart and noticeably less bulky.

6839549663_1a04f53722_z.jpg

The Men who jack wheels... by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Of course Generations Wheeljack himself was kind of short compared to other generation deluxes.

6839550543_b52fce1fa4_z.jpg

Jazz... by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

But my biggest gripe is how much smaller everything is compared to animated...

6839551405_33236197f4_z.jpg

Animated autotrooper... by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

full Foc Bruticus pic:

http://www.tfw2005.c...evealed-174327/

kinda meh. hopefully it's just mistransformed or something.

The only parts I don't like are the arms. Kind of expected the static fists, but Blast-off as an arm looks way too long and disporportionate.

BTW, not sure I like Vortex as a reddish Cybertronian helicopter--in any case, choppers can't function in space. Of course, I'm just guessing it's a helicopter judging by the rotors.

@ David Hingten:

I think that weapon is a combination of all the sidearms of the Combaticons--you can see Onslaught's twin-barrel cannon as the center/main component of the gun. And yeah, it does look like there's a real left arm that's just obscured by the weapon.

EDIT: Also got beat on the hand spotting.

He's not an absolute midget but he's only about as tall as his generations counterpart and noticeably less bulky.

The Men who jack wheels... by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Of course Generations Wheeljack himself was kind of short compared to other generation deluxes.

Jazz... by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

But my biggest gripe is how much smaller everything is compared to animated...

Animated autotrooper... by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Definitely smaller than past deluxes, but not so small that it puts me off buying TF's completely. They better not shrink the figs any more, though.

BTW, I'm tempted to get TFP Wheeljack after seeing these pics of him, but the little bastard is so hard to track down. Good thing I already have his Generations fig.

Edited by GU-11

yeah.

not really digging those new colors on both Blast Off and Vortex.

The only parts I don't like are the arms. Kind of expected the static fists, but Blast-off as an arm looks way too long and disporportionate.

I really think the Bruticus arms are just mistransformed (either deliberately or something).

at least, I hope they are.

Edited by treatment

yeah.

not really digging those new colors on both Blast Off and Vortex.

I really think the Bruticus arms are just mistransformed (either deliberately or something).

at least, I hope they are.

Seems like it WAS mistransformed after all. Just found a pic of Blast-off correctly transformed.

brute.jpg

Seems like it WAS mistransformed after all. Just found a pic of Blast-off correctly transformed.

That's a 'shop, not actually a different pic/transformation. It's probably correct, and there's probably a whole lot of other changes the actual figure can do to look better.

Anyways, I've seen a ton of comments on several boards about Vortex's coloration---well, that's what we've known it to be for like 6 months now. The game doesn't have him as quite so bright and shiny, but "golden with red" is his new scheme. Come to think of it, Blast-Off isn't so coppery either, but his bronze-brown art does pay homage to his G1 colors. But again--these are Hasbro's shopped pics, and no toy ever looks nearly as shiny/metallic as the official pics. How many times have we thought "wow, this time they're actually going to use silver paint/chrome" and gotten dull grey plastic? I wouldn't expect Bruticus' arms to be very bright 'n shiny in the end.

Vortex should have a black head and silver blades though, officially. Not so much red:

FoCVortex2.jpg

FoCVortex.jpg

(and his blades should fold up on his back----IMHO that's a major difference for no apparent reason---the toy has the standard "opposing blades swing 90 degrees to lay on top of each other, effectively making a double-bladed weapon)---except, that's not what Vortex does. They should be like how Energon Vortex did, with adjacent blades swinging 90 degrees. It's a simple thing to do, Hasbro's already done it before and recently. It'd have been easy to make the blades look just like the art does, in bot mode.

BTW, not sure I like Vortex as a reddish Cybertronian helicopter--in any case, choppers can't function in space. Of course, I'm just guessing it's a helicopter judging by the rotors.

Neither can jetplanes, so... heck, haven't they driven CARS through space at some point in the franchise?

I think Vortex looks neat, though.

gotta luv this pic from the tfw-forum:

http://www.tfw2005.c...tml#post7239462

:lol::D

I really wished I'd actually picked up Fansprojects crossfire set. I can't find them anywhere for less than $100 each. :(

And why the hell is the Bruticus Maximus set going for $150+ on it's own?!? :wacko:

Bruticus Maximus is expensive because he's the more "realistically colored" version of the mold, and the one intended for FP Bruticus. I always held off on Crossfire due to the parts not matching my Energon Barricade, figuring they'd do the obvious and re-release them with parts etc colored to match that one. Kind of surprised they didn't, but far more surprised that the re-release had no combiner parts at all!

Went to the Target by my house, and gave an associate the dcpi for the Voyagers. He puts it in his gun, then gets a confused look. "There's not a location for that," he says. He asks me if there's a street date, and I told him that I don't think so. So he goes to a register, types in a sku, doesn't see any messages about street dates, then goes to the stock room. A couple minutes later he comes back with a Prime. According to him, that's all they had was Primes. So I bought a Prime, thanked the guy, and left. I'll check the Target by my work for Megatron tomorrow.

You know how sometimes computer companies will hire a hacker because, even though they did something illegal, they obviously have valuable skills? Yeah, Hasbro should maybe think about hiring some people from 3rd party companies to do their designs. I'm sorry, but that FoC Bruticus just looks ridiculous, and I can't see how any amount of re-transformation can "fix" it. I'm wondering if people genuinley really like it or if they are letting the feelings of "OMG OFFICIAL DELUXE COMBINER!!!" get in the way. I mean, I appreciate the gesture but the result looks like a Power Core Combiner to me.