*rubs forehead*

And how would grabbing Cyberverse Roadbuster alleviate the fact that you cannot get the ENTIRE TEAM battle-ready in a single scale?

No indeed it doesn't, but nowhere did I claim to have the ultimate solution.

Just suggesting something he'd might enjoy in an 'unfair' world. Better to accept a half full glass of beer than to complain about a half empty glass of beer.

Edited by knoted

Lol at all the battery discussions. I went in to target today to look for some figs that might need some collectin' :D

It was here that the thought hit me. I love the wreckers, and would like to get all three, but Hasbro is screwing us over by not giving us a 3 character set weaponized in ANY line. Alas, only the pro customizers of the world will ever get to see all 3 wreckers in their armored form next to each other in scale (assuming someone would make a weaponized custom).

Sooooooo annoying in my opinion. Hasbro, if you're listening, do make another deluxe roadbuster that is weaponized por favor.

I realized that after getting Human Alliance Roadbuster. Since I am mostly collecting the HA line it is disappointing to know the next Wrecker is a non weponized car. Oh well, still hoping they do topspin and it doesn't take a year or longer to come out. Would also like a better Ratchet fig. As it stands now with the HA line and the Leader class figs I have a pretty nice line up of almost close to scale Autobots. Ratchet is the only one that it not working for me as I have the original Voyager one.

Just put in my order for the Amazon excludive Unicron. Finally, I got me a Uni!

Me too high five! For another Unicron toy this one sold out pretty dayum fast. Good thing amazon is going to get some more. I skipped out on the Takara 2010 version and kind of regret it ,but this one fills the spot pretty well and for half the price. :)

I'd just like to point out that G2 Prime's electronics don't interfere with the sculpt nor articulation of the toy. :)

No, the fact that it's an 80s robot toy does that all by itself. :p

(Seriously, he can't even hold his gun parallel to the ground. Prime can only shoot Decepticons in the feet.)

No, the fact that it's an 80s robot toy does that all by itself. :p

(Seriously, he can't even hold his gun parallel to the ground. Prime can only shoot Decepticons in the feet.)

wat? :huh:

no seriously, I'm confused now. are we still talking about this guy?

LaserOptimusPrime_toy.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

No, because that's not G2 Prime. That's LASER Optimus Prime, which was from G2. But "G2 Optimus Prime" is basically a repaint of G1 Prime. With a little sound box added on to the trailer. (we started talking about batteries, then G2 Prime's box, and now G2 Prime's articulation)

Odd.... maybe that's just a really tight joint on mine. I seriously didn't know he had a shoulder joint.

You are not alone. Until now I never new that G1 Prime could do that!

And while we are on the topic of Primes, why are a lot transfans particularly fond of Power Master Optimus Prime.

As a kid I had this incarnation, but always felt it was inferior in every aspect to the G1 version (which I never owned).

Very plastic-y/gimmicky, poor articulation and the transformation was more of the unfold/split kind.

It felt like it was an official KO of sorts from Hasbro.

You are not alone. Until now I never new that G1 Prime could do that!

And while we are on the topic of Primes, why are a lot transfans particularly fond of Power Master Optimus Prime.

As a kid I had this incarnation, but always felt it was inferior in every aspect to the G1 version (which I never owned).

Very plastic-y/gimmicky, poor articulation and the transformation was more of the unfold/split kind.

It felt like it was an official KO of sorts from Hasbro.

I agree with you, this was my only prime growing up and I never liked it. I hated that you just fold the legs down and open the arms and done. More insulting i think was that his chest was not the same as the windows on the front of the truck.

No. Apart from the Pretenders, most of the characters like Ginrai, got nothing on characters like Optimus Prime.

It's just a guy with a soulless mecha suit which happens to resemble Prime a bit.

Really, even the G1 Marvel comics pwn this poo.

Edited by knoted

The extra trailer that further powers him up makes that figure worth owning. Without those armor parts, Powermaster Optimus is not so great.

Yeah. When I think about Powermaster Prime, I'm definitely not considering the base robot, just the combined form.

And while the articulation is still lacking in that form, it just LOOKS badass. Too bad we didn't get the Apex/God Bomber armor in the original release, because that would've been incredible.

Though the base robot doesn't have MUCH less articulation than the original Prime toy. If I still didn't know about the shoulders, I'd say it had the same amount of articulation. It's certainly undetailed, though. Some stickers would greatly enhance it's reputation, I expect.

Though the base robot doesn't have MUCH less articulation than the original Prime toy. If I still didn't know about the shoulders, I'd say it had the same amount of articulation. It's certainly undetailed, though.

There's quite some differences between worldwide releases ; the chromed up versions being the better ones.

The little Prime mold certainly had potential, just see this custom : custom articulated little Powermaster Optimus Prime

Really, even the G1 Marvel comics pwn this poo.

G1 Marvel comics are awesome.

All new Transformers comics are terrible. No exceptions.

Also shame on Furman for continuing the G1 comics and ignoring G2.

And that custom is terrible. No amount of drybrushing can cover up how awkward it looks when you take an old toy and give it joints.

Edited by VF5SS

Amusing note: I have the Generation 2 reissue of Optimus Prime. His sound box has a pair of button-cell batteries in it.

Button cells that were mounted in an adapter to make them functional in a battery pack designed primarily for AAs.

It is... interesting.

(No, I've never removed the store demo batteries from it. I really ought to go through and pull batteries out of all my light&sound TFs before they start leaking).

So I am assuming that button cells are not inherently more expensive than AA cells, at least not at a volume-purchase level.

Guess you're right; the price of batteries doesn't seem to be the reason. Interesting that they actually gave options for button-cell AND AA batteries.

r_optimusprime079.jpg

what you shay

For some strange reason, that pic keeps reminding me of that convenience store guy from "Bad Boys."

"Freeze, mother-bitches! I killed before, I kill again!!!"

All new Transformers comics are terrible. No exceptions.

Strongly disagree. IDW's Transformers series was great, until Chris Ryall forced Furman to rush the ending of the Dead Universe plot and let Shane McCarthy crap all over the place with All Hail Megatron.

It's only recently that Transformers has started to get any good again.

And that custom is terrible. No amount of drybrushing can cover up how awkward it looks when you take an old toy and give it joints.

Have to say I'm with you. His arms can't sit flush with his body anymore, so they look like dissociated parts.

Also, he raised the cab. Which makes the full robot look a little gimpy(made worse by the raised head on top of the raised cab).

But holy cow, he managed to articulate Baby Prime's head! That's ALMOST as impressive as giving H-Q useful joints(which he also did, check the very end of the thread)

He put a lot of work into the project. And the detailing on the truck cab is beautiful. (I'm also curious where the Roller came from)

And the joints on the combined mode are MUCH better-implemented. I'll even forgive him the bait+switch comparison photos of a mistransformed stock toy because he improved the "super mode" so much.

Speaking of which, why do I see so many mistransformed Powermaster Prime Photos anyways? I mean, it's not a complex transformation. Stand trailer up, fold trailer sides down, fold arms down, stick cab in hole, stick head on cab.

Is this just some misplaced nostalgia for G1 Ultra Magnus' trailer, or do people really not realize the trailer actually CAN be made to look like a robot body?

Edited by JB0

His arms can't sit flush with his body anymore, so they look like dissociated parts.

From the looks of it, the parts CAN still sit flush, but he posed it in such a way to get the maximum dynamic pose out of it. He's given him shoulder joints but I think those panels don't have enough depth to them, to allow room for full range ball joint articulation. Anyway, it's not really the customizer's fault ; it's inherent to Hasbro's use of those big ol' swivel hinges to get the arms to the side of the torso. Sure, I think he could have photographed it with those parts sitting flush.

I think the result looks mighty fine. It emphasizes the difference between default mode little Prime and Powermaster Prime perfectly.

Personally, I'd like the Hasbro Generation line to continue with characters from the 87/88 line up. And then I mean, a proper revisiting of those characters...not some cheap repaint of Universe Silverbolt, tagging it 'Darkwing'. Same goes for that Jetfire repaint, dubbed 'Dreadwind'. Lame. Give 'em proper newly engineered molds with the original altmodes they had ; Tornado & F16, respectively.

Targetmasters such as Needlenose & Quake too. Would be fun to exchange Mech Tech weapons and new Targetmaster weapons between lines.

Edited by knoted

From the looks of it, the parts CAN still sit flush, but he posed it in such a way to get the maximum dynamic pose out of it.

I considered that, actually. Notice the photos of the truck cab from the back? Even there, with no posing whatsoever and where the transformation encourages they be folded to the minimum size, there are still significant gaps.

The nature of the joints used raises the arms out from the panels. Likely this was done intentionally, for the most part, to get a wider range of motion out of them, but I don't care for the resulting gaps(which may be worse than they have to be, as there appears to be VERY tight clearance between the upper arms and the screws used to secure the smoke stacks).

The end result, in my opinion, is a robot that doesn't look particularly well-assembled in ANY mode or pose. Too many gaps for "traditional" poses to look right, and not enough range of motion for more dynamic ones to come across right either.

It's an impressive engineering effort, but I greatly dislike it from an aesthetic standpoint.

Less mechanically impressive is what appears to be intereference between the smoke stacks and the lego grills on the side of the truck. That keeps him from folding the arm mounts fully parallel with the sides of the truck cab.

And again, this is in stark contrast to his work on the larger robot, which I find quite impressive, and on Hi-Q, which I find simply amazing. How did he even find the SPACE to put useful joints on Hi-Q's legs?

Personally, I'd like the Hasbro Generation line to continue with characters from the 87/88 line up. And then I mean, a proper revisiting of those characters...not some cheap repaint of Universe Silverbolt, tagging it 'Darkwing'. Same goes for that Jetfire repaint, dubbed 'Dreadwind'. Lame. Give 'em proper newly engineered molds with the original altmodes they had ; Tornado & F16, respectively.

Targetmasters such as Needlenose & Quake too. Would be fun to exchange Mech Tech weapons and new Targetmaster weapons between lines.

At last, something we can all agree on. More Generations molds!

We haven't even got a Generations Shockwave yet!

More Generations molds!

finally I can get the ultimate optimus prime nothing cheap and although is a coolest and biggest toy I very dissapointed with the quality control of hasbro because one of the compartments hands come broken and and no note or affect in robot mode but in trailer mode is a huge problem because that are the front of the truck even I dont consider display in that mode and may seem as a minor complain but make me really considerer never bought a transformer again above all the design with the difference between these and other robot lines such as Macross and Gundam

shame of you hasbro shame of you :angry: