Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

All modern toys disintigrate after a few years, so I really wouldn't bother asking about holding value after time.....LOL!

(And I bet you think I'm joking!)

Graham

Thanks guys again for your input! I'm leaning towards VF-17. :)

My SOCs seem to stay together fine and hold its value pretty well. I guess over in the macross arena with Yamato it's not the same. Luckily, my Yamato Danguard Ace is fetching higher prices over time. :)

Well, I wouldn't mind having one, as it'd be cool to put the toy in a pose where it's reaching for and grabbing its gun from the leg, much like in the anime. Now, I can only make a fiddly one where its building it's own gun in the middle of battle :ph34r::p

Yeah, I know, that’d really be cool, but anime accuracy wouldn’t be possible yet –constructively speaking- for there’s not enough room in the front side of the legs even for a small gunpod. So I'm not really sure about what the advantage of this would be...

Edited by Reïvaj

Okay, so I was admiring my VF-17S (which just arrived a few days ago, yay) which is flying using a Yamato Macross stand and I noticed that something was off a bit. After taking it off the stand I realised the legs were drooping slightly from the body.

After a bit of half transforming into gerwalk to see what was up with the legs and how they were supposed to be to make them flush up against the rest of the valk I noticed the 3 small tabs that held the legs in place in fighter mode. 1 on the inside of one of the legs (in their resting position in fighter mode) and two tabs on the underside of the valk that is meant to clip onto the legs when you push it up against the body.

I didn't notice it when I first transformed it and then back into fighter mode, however I did manage to get everything to fit into place securely... somehow... I can't really say how I did it because all I really did was extend the legs from the knee, push them tightly together and then push them into the knee joint so they went back to their normal position. Then I grabbed the valk and pushed down on the body and up on the legs... I mean the legs were already clipped into the tabs, they just kept on falling off from their own weight.

But after applying pressure to various parts of the valk... somehow everything is staying together as it should while on the stand.

And if all of that text was really confusing for you, long story short, just make sure that the legs are flush against the rest of the valk if you have a stand that isn't supporting their weight. All it takes is a little pressure... apparently.

*looks around*

^That would be the ultimate troll to those who jumped on the boat first :p In another angle though, this could really drive up the value of the first release without decals on it (or drive down :( ).

still wouldn't be as bad as what yamato pulled with the cf/not-shin vf-0a release.

Have emailed Yamato to ask them if the March reissue of the VF-17S is confirmed and whether or not it will have tampo printing (I personally doubt it will).

However, Yamato have been pretty slow with replying recently, so don't expect a quick answer.

As I mentioned before, I've started using trimmed UN Spacy Kite emblem stickers from the v.2 1/60 VF-1, which I think look much better size-wise on the VF-17S.

Personally, I think the UN Spacy Kite emblem stickers supplied with the VF-17S are just too large, even when the clear border is trimmed off.

Graham

post-11-0-00026500-1327201842_thumb.jpg

I just have to say I was impressed with the blazer. All around it looks great. But the 17 is just a beast in battroid. hands down I think it trumps the blazer. It seriously looks tough. And while the blazer looks good its kinda got the cartoony feel.

I just have to say I was impressed with the blazer. All around it looks great. But the 17 is just a beast in battroid. hands down I think it trumps the blazer. It seriously looks tough. And while the blazer looks good its kinda got the cartoony feel.

Isn't this, part of, the reason people were excited to see the VF-19?? It closely resembles the anime.

The 17 is a beast and really does an excellent job of hiding it's enourmous battroid stature while in fighter mode. It's very intimidating for a pilot to see a fighter about the size of a VF-11B only to be suprised by a fighter the size of the Fz-109.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

Have emailed Yamato to ask them if the March reissue of the VF-17S is confirmed and whether or not it will have tampo printing (I personally doubt it will).

However, Yamato have been pretty slow with replying recently, so don't expect a quick answer.

As I mentioned before, I've started using trimmed UN Spacy Kite emblem stickers from the v.2 1/60 VF-1, which I think look much better size-wise on the VF-17S.

Personally, I think the UN Spacy Kite emblem stickers supplied with the VF-17S are just too large, even when the clear border is trimmed off.

Graham

Agreed!!! I used some old 1/72 scale Haesgawa decals and mine came out great. Speaking of, if the do reissue this with tamp printing, I'm never buying another Yamato fresh off the press again. I'm sure there'd be so many pissed off fans here, it'd probably have a negative backlash.

Isn't this, part of, the reason people were excited to see the VF-19?? It closely resembles the anime.

The 17 is a beast and really does an excellent job of hiding it's enourmous battroid stature while in fighter mode. It's very intimidating for a pilot to see a fighter about the size of a VF-11B only to be suprised by a fighter the size of the Fz-109.

IMO it’s not that the 17 does a good job of hiding its enormous battroid stature while in fighter mode. I think the huge battroid was inevitable if you consider the legs are almost as long as the whole fighter.

Agreed!!! I used some old 1/72 scale Haesgawa decals and mine came out great. Speaking of, if the do reissue this with tamp printing, I'm never buying another Yamato fresh off the press again. I'm sure there'd be so many pissed off fans here, it'd probably have a negative backlash.

Well there was a lot more tampo on later VF-1's then the original releases so...

Dude being being anime accurate is great but let's face it even movie have their "hero" versions for close up and a regular version for normal shots. Animation is like that sometimes the animator makes the difference in a design and brings ou thte best it has to offer sometimes not. I'm sure there are scenes where the VF-17 look great and then get a little sloppy. But when you make something like this there are design compromises or the material can't work like it' suppose to and be functional it is just a sacrife to make an awsome craft. I personnally think the VF-17S is the more underated design( but I love stealth craft so biased) even then they did their best honestly i don't think yamato has really been as anime accurate until now( waiting forpunishment for last remark*covering face*)

Yeah, Yamato’s been historically famous for their inaccurate renditions of Macross mecha… until the VF-17 arrived.

:wacko:

I still can't believe yamato made the vf-1 some sort of swing wing f-14 knock off when everyone *knows* that the vf-1 looked like a high tech bi-plane in the show.

post-19-0-76399200-1327420292_thumb.gif

Thank god for Transformers Ransack, we can finally have an accurate vf-1!

I still can't believe yamato made the vf-1 some sort of swing wing f-14 knock off when everyone *knows* that the vf-1 looked like a high tech bi-plane in the show.

post-19-0-76399200-1327420292_thumb.gif

Thank god for Transformers Ransack, we can finally have an accurate vf-1!

That's possibly the closest any VF-1 toy has ever gotten to the lineart - in all three modes.

I don't know how they did it but I suspect magic was involved.

That's possibly the closest any VF-1 toy has ever gotten to the lineart - in all three modes.

I don't know how they did it but I suspect magic was involved.

AND hasbro/takara did it for, what, $12??? Man, yamatos are SO overpriced and they look nothing like the anime.

Mine just defolded from HLJ :)

But the little Gamlin is sad because I can't open the canopy. I know this thing is very thight but, can the slide bar be glued in some way? I tried pulling it up very hard but it won't move. Any sugestions?

Edited by Froy

that canopy is extremely hard to pull up.

transform it first and when you get to the part where you swing the cockpit block, that's when you have better position for your finger to get from the back.

and don't forget to pull straight up first, before you swing open the canopy.

do it couple time to loosen it, took me half hour to get it just loose enough

how did you get the fold booster to attach?

Edited by t040484

I am in love with the 17. I wasn't sure how I'd like it, since I don't like Mac7, but it is just awesome! Fighter mode is SO tight and solid! Once I figured out how to make it so the guns don't rattle around inside the legs, I couldn't stop swooshing it around. I love Bandai's VF-25S renewal, but so far, the 17 has seen much more off-shelf time than the 25S. My initial reaction was, "Meh. It's nice, but it's no 19 Kai or 25F renewal." But now I think it is just as cool as the 19 Kai. I leave it right on the coffee table so it's there when I wake up and there when I come home from work. Drives my gf nuts since she has to move it every time she eats breakfast. :D If anyone here has yet to pick one up, you should; you owe it to yourself to have such an awesome valk.

「スーパーパックforVF-17(仮)」の立体出力試作もお披露目となります!現物の雰囲気は会場で直接お確かめください!!

Google translate: Will also unveil prototype of three-dimensional output "(tentative title) Super Pack forVF-17"! Please check directly to the atmosphere of the spot at the venue! !

:)

Edited by Reïvaj

Can't wait for the FAST packs. Gonna buy 4 sets. Always thought the 17's FAST Packs are among the most unique and nicest looking.

A little disappointed to see no UN Spacy kites on the FAST packs (or the VF-17) in that pic.

Graham

I just used the smaller Kite emblems that came with the 17. Looks good.

I personally feel the small stickers are a little too small for the chest.

Graham