Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

If we can find the correct email address to write to, we should all email Bandai letting them know we would like an Ozma YF-29. Perhaps one of the members here could draft an email in Japanese?

It probably wouldn't work, but who knows, if they get enough emails, they might at least consider it.

Graham

+1

If we can find the correct email address to write to, we should all email Bandai letting them know we would like an Ozma YF-29. Perhaps one of the members here could draft an email in Japanese?

It probably wouldn't work, but who knows, if they get enough emails, they might at least consider it.

Graham

Say when...

Says he with the avatar with a err..........squid(?) for a face! :p

If Bandai did release this, I'd keep it permanently in fighter mode anyway, so don't really care about the head.

Graham

Same here......and that's Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama.

Chris

Oh yeah, great idea with the email idea. Question, while I know that Bandai doesn't care about the international market for it's macross toys, does it have some sort of aggrement with the tamashi web site or something, where it has to put some of it's business through it? Because if not, it wouldn't be, from a business point of view, such a bad idea to mention that there are international buyers for these items, and, since it wouldn't make a difference one way or the other to the Japanese customers were these items are sold, they are loosing the potential sales from international customers. Couldn't hurt to mention it.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Same here......and that's Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama.

Chris

That's JOHN F**CKING ZOIDBERG!!!1! ;)

I agree that the 29S looks too much like the Metal Siren, which is one of my least favorite Macross designs. It'd probably look ok with a mouth, thoug, as part of Sound Force.

All the back kibble still kills it for me. Both this and the VF-27. They look great till you look at the back and Gack!! I thought the VF-25 was bad!

I still love the fighter modes but they still lack playability when compared to a VF-1 IMO. Nevermind the fact that I am always poking myself on something on the Bandai Valks no matter what mode.

Do you guys think that Bandai will release a second production run of the DX YF-29? I know that I could buy it on eBay and a few other places, but the prices are $400+, which is just ridiculous. So I wanted to see if you guys think there's going to be any second production runs of this toy, or am I pretty much going to have to fork out the big $$$ to get the Bandai DX YF-29? Any input would be appreciated. ^_^

I only recently (within the past couple months) had the time to get back into Macross. I'm now all caught up on all the Macross series (hadn't seen any since Macross Plus back in the '90s). I'm really amazed how awesome Macross toys have come since the early days of the Takatoku 1/55 toys to the 1/60 Yamato & renewals of the VF-25 series.

Yeah, I think Bandai MIGHT re-release it based on how popular this particular model has gotten, but really, I could see them waiting a few months before any word of a re-release (why would they wan't to put in competition for their new VF-25's?)

In my opinion, I think if you want it RIGHT NOW, then evilBay is the only way to go :(

Edited by Archer

Yeah, I think Bandai MIGHT re-release it based on how popular this particular model has gotten, but really, I could see them waiting a few months before any word of a re-release (why would they wan't to put in competition for their new VF-25's?)

In my opinion, I think if you want it RIGHT NOW, then evilBay is the only way to go :(

I managed to find an unopened one in a hobby shop in Tokyo... for the low, low price of 36,790 yen. :blink:

I really hope Bandai reissues it. I love the fighter mode and I don't feel like dealing with the model kit. Battroid mode is... meh. Looks like a rice rocket version of the VF-25 battroid. (If you don't know what a rice rocket is, Google it.)

I managed to find an unopened one in a hobby shop in Tokyo... for the low, low price of 36,790 yen. :blink:

I really hope Bandai reissues it. I love the fighter mode and I don't feel like dealing with the model kit. Battroid mode is... meh. Looks like a rice rocket version of the VF-25 battroid. (If you don't know what a rice rocket is, Google it.)

Rice roket version of the VF-25! :lol:

But 36,790 yen... You really needed to have this! :o

I'm pretty much the opposite. The fighter mode is sort of alright to me, but it's the battroid mode that I really like for this particular valkyrie.

That 36,790 is a good deal compared to this price I saw on Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B004PEHWDU/sr=1-2/qid=1320901031/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1320901031&sr=1-2&seller=

61,980!

I'm so glad I got mine during pre-order for 12,320. Who knew that the price would have skyrocketed?

That 36,790 is a good deal compared to this price I saw on Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co...&sr=1-2&seller=

61,980!

I'm so glad I got mine during pre-order for 12,320. Who knew that the price would have skyrocketed?

Even worse!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandai-DX-CHogokin-Macross-F-YF-29-Durandal-Valkyrie-/160631103829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25665c2155

Not gonna buy one at those prices, no matter how much I want one. :angry:

Thanks guys for the feedback. Yea I like the YF-29, but not I'm going to pay these ridiculous prices for it. Like it's been said, hopefully Bandai goes the Yamato route and has at least a 2nd (if not more) production runs with it. That way, everyone could get it at a "reasonable" price and not have to worry about trying to buy one off eBay or some other places on the secondary market at absurd prices. I've got no problems waiting, and there's a really good chance that Bandai is going to be re-releasing some more badass valkyries from their Macross Frontier line.

I managed to grab one for 250AUD a month or so back... it was "used" but the dude only displayed it fighter mode so there wasn't any wear at all and came just as new as my new VF-25F as far as I'm concerned. Sure it was more expensive, but I have it and it's awesome XD Pre-ordered the FAST pack as well.

I find it hilarious when you see stuff on ebay at ridiculously high prices, then someone goes and adds the same thing for even higher. It's like they are really stupid, or delusional.

So, if I put mine down for $500, is that a good deal compared to theirs??? Hahaha.

That's probably their overall plan, I'm guessing. Put up auctions for stuff at ridiculous prices for a while so people try desperately to find something not so insane. Then put up the same item under a different account at a cheaper yet still expensive price and people think that's the cheapest they will ever find it and end up buying it at that price.

I wonder what is the highest price a YF-29 has actually sold for on ebay.