Bandai DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie

UN Spacy

It's all relative. They don't hate frontier, but they definetely don't care about the franchise as much as their cash cow, teh Gundam...

If you look at the quality of the new metal composite origin gundam vs. some of the newer macross releases, the differences and superiority of the Gundam are astonishing on many levels.

any ideas on fixing the crotch joint? Mine comes apart when in batttroid with the the super parts on

Yeah I used the method you outlined to tighten up the hip joints, that worked really well until the super parts arrived. Now the crotch collapses and generally the weight of the super packs seems to be too much for battroid mode. The hip joints have started to loosen up again so I have changed mine into fighter, where at least for the time being my 29 shall remain.

Hopefully someone can find a solution for the crotch and then I will revisit the hips.

If you look at the quality of the new metal composite origin gundam vs. some of the newer macross releases, the differences and superiority of the Gundam are astonishing on many levels.

Huh? The Bandai high end toy quality are about the same - SOC vs Metal composite vs DX Macross. And Bandai is equally tight-ass about re-issue of quickly sold out items i.e. Metal Grade 00 v.s. YF-29.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh? The Bandai high end toy quality are about the same - SOC vs Metal composite vs DX Macross. And Bandai is equally tight-ass about re-issue of quickly sold out items i.e. Metal Grade 00 v.s. YF-29.

Are you saying there there's a good chance there will be no reissue of the YF-29?

I was just browsing Ebay for some odds & ends and wondered what the prices looked like for the YF-29. The cheapest one is $615.00 and the priciest was $999.99, unreal what this sucker costs!!

And it's not even such a great toy IMO.

I'd be much happier with mine if it actually had decent locking for the lower legs in fighter mode and also if the shoulder armour didn't pop off at least twenty times during transformation to fighter mode.

Graham

And it's not even such a great toy IMO.

I'd be much happier with mine if it actually had decent locking for the lower legs in fighter mode and also if the shoulder armour didn't pop off at least twenty times during transformation to fighter mode.

Graham

I agree, my friend has a YF-29, its a cool toy and fun to look at. But not at those Highway robbery prices!! If theres a re-issue for the original retail price I might get one. Although I'm still saving for a VF-17.

Wasn't bandai the funders behind macross frontier?

Not initially -- they had no faith in any Macross project (notice the only Mac Zero merch was by Yamato and Hasegawa), until they watched the pilot for Frontier. I heard it was only then that they started investing properly. I suspect that is why the toys didn't come out until after the show ended (actually, same thing happened with Aquarion, come to think of it), and perhaps may even explain why they seemed so rushed.

Not initially -- they had no faith in any Macross project (notice the only Mac Zero merch was by Yamato and Hasegawa), until they watched the pilot for Frontier. I heard it was only then that they started investing properly. I suspect that is why the toys didn't come out until after the show ended (actually, same thing happened with Aquarion, come to think of it), and perhaps may even explain why they seemed so rushed.

Where did you get the info that Bandai wasn't interested initially Macross? If you have an article, can you post it up? It's interesting because the pilot certainly couldn;t have been cheap and I doubt Big West would put up the money on their own to create it on the hope that somebody would pick it up for full sponsorship. Or was Frontier initially planned as a short-run OAV series?

I feel horrendously bad for those that dropped the crazy shillings on one of these, even used, at around $400 +, even more with super packs. To think that if they had waited a few days, news that would save them $200+ would come out.

I wonder if those eBay sellers and other inflated merchandisers will now cut their crazy prices a bit more down to size...

I know there are many that want one of these, but for those that already spent good money to get one after the release, I wish they hadn't mentioned re-releasing them. I don't plan to get another one, but I hope everyone that wants one, will be able to get one.