The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

Jwasko, I want to quote your post, but if I do I will be spoiled, because the text inside the tag will be revealed.

So, what I wanted to say is: Worse even than the abysmal ROTF?? Geez, that sounds pretty damning... :unsure:

Spoiler free version of my previous post (as long as you've seen the previews and the previous movies):

Imagine ROTF with far less toilet humor (which didn't offend me...I didn't like it, but it didn't kill ROTF for me), but also without the forest battle.

Also, instead of Devastator there's a giant worm thing.

Finally, there was too much focus on human soldiers in the final battle...and they were less exciting/more annoying than in the first movie.

I went in expecting a mindless, adrenaline-fueled thrill ride and instead got a mindless, coffee-fueled kiddie coaster.

Concerning the "oriental freak dude":

I found him fairly hilarious. And, really, a "toilet humor" scene on the toilet? Anyone else think that someone (Bay? Some writer?) was setting a trap?

Edited by jwasko

Better hope Michael Bay dosen't want to direct a Macross movie after his success with Transformers. :lol:

MIchael Bay's Robotech? That wou ld be f^cking hilarious! OMG the opening scene alone where the Macross crashes would be half the movie!

MIchael Bay's Robotech? That wou ld be f^cking hilarious! OMG the opening scene alone where the Macross crashes would be half the movie!

That's right, forget the characters,story,themes,and all the details of the Macross story and just give us GIANT TRANSFORMING ROBOTS flying around with somebody singing in the background. In the words of Hunter: "It works for me!" :D

So did it really feel like the movie was written by "No One?"

To be fair, the movie did have a storyline anchored around a handful of plot points, most of which are the major action sequences, as one would expect.

i would daresay that had they fleshed these out better and took out the random scenes in between, we would've had a decent and enjoyable 90min movie.

Oh come on, Ben Affleck as Roy, Shia Labouf as Rick, what could go wrong!

I can see it now...

[As Rick flies Minmei out of danger, a stray Zentraedi blast rips the Veritech's arm off - sending Minmei falling in the sky.]

Rick: "No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-NO!"

And another scene:

[Rick struggles to pull the tuna into the SDF-1 when the cargo doors begin to close.]

Edited by areaseven

You know, the

Sentinel Prime double-cross redeems the movie at that point to a certain degree...

but then the loooooooooooooooooooong part starts and brain just says screw it.

Why are the Autobots

so blood thirsty and violent yet they ask for mercy?

The

dune sandworm-matrix lovechild

... why? why waste budged on that? Use a

combiner robot or reuse the one from the last one. You’ve reused models before, so why not now?

Bay hates

Megatron. His either a statue, a boot licker or a push over.

Soundwave was one of the good parts of the second movie. Here

he is just generic looking bad guy 4.

Lazerbeak

always does the same. His ninja kill is disturbing but the rest are just shots of him swarming around humans and not doing any damage.

what shocked me was how they got away with a PG-13 rating. The

slaughter of Chicago alone, all the dead folks they showed being kill off by the Hunter/Killer-Buck Rogers looking fighters (especially the one woman reduced to her rolling skull or the bus interior pan with the dozen burnt folk)...

... now my GF's 8 & 10-year olds are pretty pro to some movies (and still enjoy a lot of parently restrictions at home) but i was VERY uncomfortable letting them see Tr3... maybe my age, finally? :wacko:

i was pretty cynical about hearing Nimoy voicing Sentinal Prime, presumable as a disposably toon. Oh no was i wrong.

having him play a turn-coat and a rather vile and vain turn-coat.... never say it coming. holy sh*t.

Edited by pensives_wetness

what shocked me was how they got away with a PG-13 rating. The

slaughter of Chicago alone, all the dead folks they showed being kill off by the Hunter/Killer-Buck Rogers looking fighters (especially the one woman reduced to her rolling skull or the bus interior pan with the dozen burnt folk)...

... now my GF's 8 & 10-year olds are pretty pro to some movies (and still enjoy a lot of parently restrictions at home) but i was VERY uncomfortable letting them see Tr3... maybe my age, finally? :wacko:

You think that's shocking? The movie is rated GP in the Philippines.

i was pretty cynical about hearing Nimoy voicing Sentinal Prime, presumable as a disposably toon. Oh no was i wrong.

having him play a turn-coat and a rather vile and vain turn-coat.... never say it coming. holy sh*t.

Well,don't forget Nimoy was the voice of Galvatron in the original Transformers movie back in the day. ^_^

That should take up a good 30 minutes, only 2 more hours too go!!! :D

Was Monsieur LaBeouf doing that again in T3? Seems like it's the only line he knows.

I can see it now...

[As Rick flies Minmei out of danger, a stray Zentraedi blast rips the Veritech's arm off - sending Minmei falling in the sky.]

And another scene:

[Rick struggles to pull the tuna into the SDF-1 when the cargo doors begin to close.]

It's not "No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-NO!", it's "Noooooooooo-oooooooo-oooooooooo!, followed by a quarter-speed scene of Minmay making eye-contact with Rick while falling pass Rick with sparks from the arm hitting against the canopy glass, and explosions in the background. Has watching these 3 movies taught you nothing about how Bay works?

It's not "No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-NO!", it's "Noooooooooo-oooooooo-oooooooooo!, followed by a quarter-speed scene of Minmay making eye-contact with Rick while falling pass Rick with sparks from the arm hitting against the canopy glass, and explosions in the background. Has watching these 3 movies taught you nothing about how Bay works?

That sounds about right, but I think quoting Shia's "No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-NO!" is about right, haha! It's sort of like the way we remember Vader saying "Luke, I am your father" but really it's "No, I am your father"

That sounds about right, but I think quoting Shia's "No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-no-NO!" is about right, haha! It's sort of like the way we remember Vader saying "Luke, I am your father" but really it's "No, I am your father"

If Bay does a Robotech film, I bet Roy will say the same thing to Rick!! :p

Overall I really liked this movie. But I also loved the first one, and could at least pick out a few positive things about 2.

This was easily the darkest of the 3, with humans getting turned to ash and Decepticons at least planning on executing Autobots in front of well...other Autobots.

My biggest nitpicks would have to be that in the Chicago battle, we saw way less Transformer related action than I thought we would.

Seeing how Bee and company were captured would have been nice for example.

My other major nitpick is that we saw probably the two most...un-Prime moments in the entire franchise.

The "we'll kill them all" line actually made me recoil in my chair. It sounded so completely unnatural coming from Optimus. Just a simple alteration like "we'll stop them once and for all" would have meant essentially the same thing, without being quite so...harsh. Additionally, when he executes Sentinel at the end, I was a bit shocked. Though I can at least try and justify that one with: Prime is trying to protect his new home and the people on it, and his enemies are relentless. At some point you just have to make the tough calls I guess.

Seeing Ironhid get the crap murdered out of him sort of shocked me too.

My only other nitpick was the very end. Being a huge Optimus fanboy, I would have liked to see a post war shot where he had both his arms. I realize it's pretty much a given he'd be repaired, but a scene showing him all shiny would have been nice. Hell, they did it for R2-D2 and 3PO every movie practically.

what shocked me was how they got away with a PG-13 rating.

And wasn't just the violence or the dark tone, either. For the first half-hour, if Carly was in the scene it was all T&A shots. The opening scene especially. I was complaining to my wife because we were stuck sitting near a group of kids, the oldest of which was maybe 8. My wife says, "What do you expect, it's a kids movie?" Then the movie actually starts, cut to Carly's rear, and I turn to my wife and say, "Are you sure this is a kids movie?"

If Bay does a Robotech film, I bet Roy will say the same thing to Rick!! :p

You guys have it all wrong, if a Robotech film is done, they will just redub an existing movie (probably like Robot Jox), then splice it into another movie (probably like Home Alone). The characters will do the normal things, but will keep talking about a mysterious energy source. It will be great.

You guys have it all wrong, if a Robotech film is done, they will just redub an existing movie (probably like Robot Jox), then splice it into another movie (probably like Home Alone). The characters will do the normal things, but will keep talking about a mysterious energy source. It will be great.

Dude, you just leaked HG's top secret information. Now we're all in trouble.

I liked it. Seemed a bit too long, probably due to all the human scenes. More surprisingly, my fiance hated the first 2, but loved this one.

any explanation on why the arcee bikes, skids, and mudflap were not in this one?

And wasn't just the violence or the dark tone, either. For the first half-hour, if Carly was in the scene it was all T&A shots. The opening scene especially. I was complaining to my wife because we were stuck sitting near a group of kids, the oldest of which was maybe 8. My wife says, "What do you expect, it's a kids movie?" Then the movie actually starts, cut to Carly's rear, and I turn to my wife and say, "Are you sure this is a kids movie?"

You have to understand Bay got his start shooting several playboy videos (he will only admit to one which he was stupid enough to use his real name on) he also directed music videos like the divinyls "I touch myself"... so um yeah...

I think I may pay to see that one but only if I get to see Macawley Culkin stomped by a non micronised Zentran.

I liked it. Seemed a bit too long, probably due to all the human scenes. More surprisingly, my fiance hated the first 2, but loved this one.

any explanation on why the arcee bikes, skids, and mudflap were not in this one?

Arcee sisters are dead according to Orci and Kurtzman. Two were shot, one was fighting last seen. Skids and Mudflap were originally intended in but were cut. Oh yeah don't blink as they are at the NEST base entrance scene at the end of the line. Lousy editing job.

Jolt.. Jolt was really a last minute addition for the Chevy Volt. Really a Deuce Ex Machina device for Optimus' power up in ROTF. DOTM prequel comic has Shockwave kill him.

I think lousy editing is the only real shocker from this film.

There are so many bad cuts or just plain old obvious missing important scenes that it is the only thing that really makes it bad, I really hope they address at least some of them in time for DVD/Blu-ray release. Although going on Mr bays previous releases, and I have a surprising amount of them ph34r.gif I doubt he'll bother. But if any of them appear in an extras deleted scenes thing then I'm gonna fire up my editing software and cook me up a "proper" version .

Edited by big F

You'd figure with the "extra footage" for the IMAX release they'd be able to explain more of certain scenes.

But I left my brain at the door and set my standards pretty low from ROTF and I gotta say I went out there finding my brain how somehow melted and my senses shot.

My girlfriend however spent 20 minutes crying her eyes out during the big ol' shuttle sequence before chicago.......then cried a little more during chicago....thhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn went "WTF?!" near the end. So I think she was more into it then I was.

Arcee sisters are dead according to Orci and Kurtzman. Two were shot, one was fighting last seen. Skids and Mudflap were originally intended in but were cut. Oh yeah don't blink as they are at the NEST base entrance scene at the end of the line. Lousy editing job.

Jolt.. Jolt was really a last minute addition for the Chevy Volt. Really a Deuce Ex Machina device for Optimus' power up in ROTF. DOTM prequel comic has Shockwave kill him.

in the book they died the same time as iron hide and the same way except one went crazy and bezerk after the first was melted/corroded to death.

Wait a minute...a robot action movie that only appeals to women. WTF is Bay doing? And for that matter, how?

She became a Transformer nut shortly after the first film came out. And when she started dating me last year and saw my collection of figures she instantly fell in love with me lol. however she's more into the movie verse which IS strange. her favorite characters are Starscream, Soundwave and Bumblebee in that particular order. Infact during christmas I got her the ROTF LC Starscream and I think it almost made her cry.

In her opinion, the movie wasn't as good as she had hoped, it sort of left her numb and unable to stand a second helping which we had planned after buying cinemasks. She enjoyed Nimoys performance and felt Megatron was just a poorly done character who got no love.

Between Megan and Rosie, Rosie took over my girls heart, felt she had better quality of acting and sex appeal than megan did.

Between the 3 movies, her favorite is still the first film by a land slide.

Edited by Hikuro

She became a Transformer nut shortly after the first film came out. And when she started dating me last year and saw my collection of figures she instantly fell in love with me lol. however she's more into the movie verse which IS strange. her favorite characters are Starscream, Soundwave and Bumblebee in that particular order. Infact during christmas I got her the ROTF LC Starscream and I think it almost made her cry.

In her opinion, the movie wasn't as good as she had hoped, it sort of left her numb and unable to stand a second helping which we had planned after buying cinemasks. She enjoyed Nimoys performance and felt Megatron was just a poorly done character who got no love.

Between Megan and Rosie, Rosie took over my girls heart, felt she had better quality of acting and sex appeal than megan did.

Between the 3 movies, her favorite is still the first film by a land slide.

You need to get that girl rolling into some good stuff now, try Gurren Lagann.