The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

This is Michael Bay you are talking about, every movie he makes has a "more 'splosions" clause built into the contract he signs. Everything I've read though, indicates the improvements go farrr beyond mere splosions.

I seriously cannot wait for this movie. I also love that, as you look at the films as a trilogy, Prime seems to get exponentially more bad ass with each one. I also like how the focus seems to shift to him and his importance starting in RotF and heading into DotM. I know Bee is a fan favorite, especially with the live action audience, but nothing beats more screen time for Prime.

I'm liking what I see.

The best thing about this trailer is that it seems the Autobots are fighting their own battle this time, instead of relying on the cavalry to come charging in with "high-heat sabot rounds." Watching giant battle-hardened robots get pwned by a measly few tanks and artillery fire is annoying.

Looking forward to the film.

Shuttle-whut.jpg

I was looking at a wrong angle. The booster is the Autobot ship with the Shuttle Discovery attached.

Basically replacing the Space Shuttle external tank with CGI.

http://chamorrobible.org/images/photos/gpw-20051129-NASA-GPN-2000-000968-rollout-of-Space-Shuttle-Atlantis-STS-79-to-Launch-Pad-39A-Florida-19960820-other.jpg

Based upon the Shuttle orbital technical data Optimus should fit into Discovery's cargo bay.

So here's what I think. That part which replaced the External Tank is with a specialized propellant that fuels the rockets. (Energon?) That is able to bring the Shuttle to the Moon. Or alternatively it a personal craft for Optimus based on Cybetronian technology able to both fuel the shuttle's rockets and separate in orbit to reach the moon.

edit: Correction.

Somebody pointed to me the orange External Tank is still there though a lot shorter.

Basically the craft is connected to the External Tank which is connected to the Shuttle orbiter and the rocket boosters.

Edited by RedWolf

Looks like this may be the last film to use a space shuttle in as by the time it hits the theatres, STS135 will have been and gone.

Travesty is the shuttle is still the best vehicle for the job.

Oh but don't worry NASA are gonna hitch rides on the Soyuz instead, isn't it's basic design older than the Shuttle IIRC.

OT: I honestly don't understand why they can't just manufacture new shuttles, and update the avionics & whatnot. Yeah the current gen are worn out, but the design has shown to be sound, just make sure there's QC in the manufacturing of parts.

OT: I honestly don't understand why they can't just manufacture new shuttles, and update the avionics & whatnot. Yeah the current gen are worn out, but the design has shown to be sound, just make sure there's QC in the manufacturing of parts.

Because the space shuttle is expensive and inificient way of getting stuff into space and it's significantly cheaper and easier to just use conventional multi-stage rockets.

Because the space shuttle is expensive and inificient way of getting stuff into space and it's significantly cheaper and easier to just use conventional multi-stage rockets.

Because 18 committees have to formed in order to determine the seat color. In short the USA spends in very stupid ways.

Truthfully I don't understand why all the countries come together and make an international space program.

Back on topic. This is a movie I think would have been cool in 3d. I want to see who Ironhide is fighting.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Because 18 committees have to formed in order to determine the seat color. In short the USA spends in very stupid ways.

Truthfully I don't understand why all the countries come together and make an international space program.

Because with the whole world doing it, there would be 127 committees trying to decide on whether they should even do it or not.

really? Had to throw in the racist sh!t just to make a point about Clint being a better director than Bay?

Sensative much? That was clearly a "Gran Torino" pun. Hell, the man directed "Letters From Iwojima."

Sensative much? That was clearly a "Gran Torino" pun. Hell, the man directed "Letters From Iwojima."

Yeah, you're right. As long as we're making a joke, it's perfectly alright to go around dropping racial slurs. :rolleyes:

Seeing that close up of Optimus' shoulder area brought to my attention how scratched up the paint is in robot mode, but the vehicle paint jobs are pristine.

Seeing that close up of Optimus' shoulder area brought to my attention how scratched up the paint is in robot mode, but the vehicle paint jobs are pristine.

Good point, I never really thought about that :D . Then again, a lot of the stuff in these movies don't make sense...

I think its best if we forget all about realism to get the most out of this movie B))

I'll most likely be setting my brain to "stand-by" while I watch this :rolleyes:

As I recall, it is mandated in the contracts with the various car companies that their vehicles need to stay essentially pristine. Now why a company that makes semis would care is an entirely different matter. But it at least provides some explanation.

Additionally that Hasbro page had Soundwave's alt mode listed as the Mercedes SLS, however since the page's update that info has already been pulled and replaced with "satellite". Perhaps we got an early slip, or maybe it was an honest mistake, we shall see.

Dark of the Moon Toys on display at toyfair 2011.

also:

Ironhide gets a leader class, with a stabby knife.

and:

Cyberverse for anyone who cares

I take back everything I said about trailer prime, He is officially AWESOME! GIANT FISTS!!! :lol:

2112tn4.jpg

Look, it's Ultra Magnus!!! :p

Obviously, someone's had way too much time on his hands.

Fan-made ROTF Scrap Metal Megatron Replica

Let me quote Leroy Jethro Gibbs on this one...

"Ya think?" ;)

Look, it's Ultra Magnus!!! :p

Let me quote Leroy Jethro Gibbs on this one...

"Ya think?" ;)

Is there some internet time dilation going on in here where some people are seeing MONTHS OLD versions of this thread?

Is there some internet time dilation going on in here where some people are seeing MONTHS OLD versions of this thread?

The other day I clicked on this thread and people were suddenly discussing Clint Eastwood directing this movie. I thought I was on another planet. I realized soon enough that I was on a really old page, and I must have just clicked the wrong place, but seeing all these weird posts now I'm wondering if there wasn't some kind of bug at work...

I think it has to do with the way the front page displays the topic page number spill over. Sometimes page 18 will jump down a line, and while you mean to click on that, you end up clicking on a much earlier page. Also, "get off my lawn."

Nah, there's no time dilation, it's just I haven't been here in a while (Call of Duty: Black Ops. Ascension map, anyone?). Whenever I come here I click on the view the first newest post button on the left side of the page numbers. When I see something amusing on the old pages, I comment on it.

passing up on ultimate prime, never been big for those kind of gimmicks and I'm not a fan of the mold. To me the ROTF LC version was just awesome despite a little bit of articulation problem with the arms caused by the swords it was still a fantastic piece.

There's actually a lot on this toy line I'm passing up on and that's rather sad for me too, means I wont be blowing much towards Hasbro this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the third trailer and it looks so friggin awesome!!! I think this one will make up for the first two films, however I get the feeling this is the last one. In one scene,Prime is talking to Sam with a spaceship behind him, I got the impression that the Autobots are going to leave Earth(which would really suck!)at the end of the film. :(

Just saw the third trailer and it looks so friggin awesome!!! I think this one will make up for the first two films, however I get the feeling this is the last one. In one scene,Prime is talking to Sam with a spaceship behind him, I got the impression that the Autobots are going to leave Earth(which would really suck!)at the end of the film. :(

It was already announced last year that this is the final film, making the series a trilogy. Michael Bay also said that Hasbro will eventually reboot the movie series in the near future.

It was already announced last year that this is the final film, making the series a trilogy. Michael Bay also said that Hasbro will eventually reboot the movie series in the near future.

Really? I heard that Bay wanted this to be a trilogy (as you stated), but the producers wanted him to produce one more after Dark of the Moon to make it a total of four movies (I wouldn't blame 'em either. Transformers is an easy money - maker)

New trailer with some new scenes.

Very cool. I'll say one thing for the Bay TF movies, they made Bumblebee cool. I really could not stand him as a character from the cartoon, but he's been pretty kick-ass in the movies.

-b.

Very cool. I'll say one thing for the Bay TF movies, they made Bumblebee cool. I really could not stand him as a character from the cartoon, but he's been pretty kick-ass in the movies.

-b.

I love how he's this Malingering, codependent psychopath who violently murders people and feigns physical disability to garner sympathy and compassion. :p

Edited by anime52k8