The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

Just saw the teaser (the one with the moon landing), could that be

Alpha Trion

at the end?

Sorry if I'm slowpoking on this, didn't check the entire thread

I think it's supposed to be Sentinel Prime.

I wish I knew enough about TF to participate in this thread... Apparently there are like 12 different versions of each character. I just remember Prime, the red truck that was tougher than everyone else. His trailer would disappear and reappear depending on if the plot needed it or not. Also, only the slow motion shots from his gun did any significant damage. I wish I could shoot slow motion shots, that would be awesome.

I think it's supposed to be Sentinel Prime.

I realize that the events in the teaser are a bit in the past, but in ROTF it seemed like Optimus was the only Prime left and had been for a long time. I haven't watched my copy of ROTF in a while, but it seems to me Jetfire was surprised that there was still a Prime left.

I wish I knew enough about TF to participate in this thread... Apparently there are like 12 different versions of each character. I just remember Prime, the red truck that was tougher than everyone else. His trailer would disappear and reappear depending on if the plot needed it or not. Also, only the slow motion shots from his gun did any significant damage. I wish I could shoot slow motion shots, that would be awesome.

Amen to that ENTIRE statement brother. I watched the original TF'ers animated movie the other night on DVD and remembered why i loved it so much! Now I liked the first Bayformer's movie, don't get me wrong...but I just could NOT like ROTF. I'll give the third one a shot I suppose. :ph34r:

but I just could NOT like ROTF.

I liked parts of ROTF. The fights, obviously, but I also enjoyed the Twin's dialog (not the twins themselves, though). I also enjoyed how they touched on the deeper mythos of the Transformers. "If God created us in His image... who created them?"

But the overall package? Ugh, is all I can say.

This thread just got so much better :) I wish I just had a gun like Prime's slow mo or otherwise.

Do want. Megatron looks pretty good too; DotM is going to have a damn good toy line. ^_^

Sentinel Prime: Bought on sight.

The Ark might be able to "convert" into some kind of battle station like Optimus's trailer, although the lack of seam-lines [other than the hinge for opening the cockpit] could mean it's a non-converting toy. Will have to wait for more pics for a better look. Either, way, it looks cool as a space craft.

Wonder if it comes with leader class Sentinel Prime, or sold separately?

Megatron seems to be one of the better DOTM toys so far. Wish it were leader class, though. Maybe there WILL be leader class figs for him, OP, Shockwave eventually? Surely, Hasbro wouldn't waste such a great opportunity to sell as many TF's as they can?

Dark of the Moon Toys on display at toyfair 2011.

also:

Ironhide gets a leader class, with a stabby knife.

and:

Cyberverse for anyone who cares

I take back everything I said about trailer prime, He is officially AWESOME! GIANT FISTS!!! :lol:

2112tn4.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Agreed, he needs to A) Not die and B) Kick serious ass in the fights he's involved in.

RotF handled A kinda and B somewhat well. But I'd like to see his fighting prowess be equal or greater than the glimpse we saw in the super bowl trailer for all the fights he's in. I have very high hopes for this movie, it already appears to have the potential to be the best of the 3 (which I know from some people's view, isn't saying much).

Agreed, he needs to A) Not die and B) Kick serious ass in the fights he's involved in.

RotF handled A kinda and B somewhat well. But I'd like to see his fighting prowess be equal or greater than the glimpse we saw in the super bowl trailer for all the fights he's in. I have very high hopes for this movie, it already appears to have the potential to be the best of the 3 (which I know from some people's view, isn't saying much).

See, I'd rather see Optimus as a faction leader, not just a fighter. He's the ultimate authority of all the Autobots and I'd like to see more of that. See more strategizing, more plotting and planning. I'd like to see a character worthy of the Matrix, not just another soldier.

That being said, his fights do tend to kick ass, don't they? :)

See, I'd rather see Optimus as a faction leader, not just a fighter. He's the ultimate authority of all the Autobots and I'd like to see more of that. See more strategizing, more plotting and planning. I'd like to see a character worthy of the Matrix, not just another soldier.

That being said, his fights do tend to kick ass, don't they? :)

Oh I definitely want to see that aspect of him as well. But since we know he is gonna get into fights, lets hope he dominates them :p

I'd like to see him make a basket or breakdance like in the cartoon...

Amen to that ENTIRE statement brother. I watched the original TF'ers animated movie the other night on DVD and remembered why i loved it so much! Now I liked the first Bayformer's movie, don't get me wrong...but I just could NOT like ROTF. I'll give the third one a shot I suppose. :ph34r:

Im just lost... Where did all these different versions of each TFer come from? Is there like 10 different shows that I am not aware of? I remember the original, then it got horrible after the movie, then there was beast wars, which was animated ugly. Prime has more looks than Jesus at this point. We got Black Jesus, we got white Jesus, we got arab Jesus, we got pensive Jesus, crucified Jesus, and risen from the dead Jesus... Prime has at least as many versions, but at least every version of Jesus came out of the same book. Where are all these different Primes coming from?

Im just lost... Where did all these different versions of each TFer come from? Is there like 10 different shows that I am not aware of? I remember the original, then it got horrible after the movie, then there was beast wars, which was animated ugly. Prime has more looks than Jesus at this point. We got Black Jesus, we got white Jesus, we got arab Jesus, we got pensive Jesus, crucified Jesus, and risen from the dead Jesus... Prime has at least as many versions, but at least every version of Jesus came out of the same book. Where are all these different Primes coming from?

pretty much, yeah.

Edited by anime52k8

The TF franchise has seen numerous reboots, offshoots and video games throughout the decades, and there's a new Prime for each one. If I recall correctly, there are technically over a dozen different retellings and reboots of TF counting manga, video games, toy versions and different US and Japanese versions.

In non-chronological order:

- G1 [cartoon and toyline]

- G2 [toyline]

- GI Joe Crossovers [comics]

- Beast Wars/Beast Machines [CGI series and toyline]

- Robots in Disguise aka Car Robot [toyline]

- Titanium [toyline from comics]

- Cybertron aka Galaxy Force [anime and toyline]

- Armada aka Micron Densetsu [anime, toyline and video game]

- Energon [cartoon and toyline]

- Kiss Players [toyline and CD audio series]

- Classics/Henkei [toyline]

- Binaltech/Alternators [toyline]

- Bayverse

- WFC [video game and toy line]

- TFA [animation and toy line]

- TF Prime [CG series and unreleased toy line]

Japan-only exclusives:

- Disney Label [ugh!]

- Music Label

- Nike [yeah, the infamous shoe-former]

And that's all I got from Wikipedia. Actually, there are probably even more that I'm not even aware of.

Wow, it seems like quite a few fell through the net.

Also, Hasbro claims that War for Cybertron and Transformers: Prime are in the same universe.

True, but with the disjointed way that all three [Exodus, WFC, TF Prime] are bound together, I'd like to consider WFC and TF Prime as separate entities. While all three are technically chronologically aligned, the events that unfold in each are mutually contradicting.

Never mind the details like the character Sentinel Prime in Exodus being named Zeta Prime in the WFC game, the major events in the novel are completely different from the game as well. In TF Prime, which is arguably the third part of the Exodus/WFC continuity, Megatron supposedly starts using dark energon after discovering it on some distant galactic shore [or something like that--I just watched TF Prime once on youtube]. Thing is, Megatron had already started discovering and using dark energon well before the TF's ever came to Earth.

While I understand that all three are supposed to be in the same universe, the events of all three are so contradictory that I'm having a hard time seeing them as a continuation of one another.

If you include War For Cybertron (which looks awesome but I have not played), then you need to include Exodus, the Transformers novel.

Of course, everyone knows that my mental version of Transformers (including personal disconinuity like Primacon) is the most accurate, be-all TF canon :D

My bad. Totally forgot about Exodus.