The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

Bumblebee was just involved in a car accident in Washington, D.C.

DC Cop Didn't Get the Memo

(Quote-protected because Wanzerfan is still a dumbass.)

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/transformers-3-vehicle-accident-in-washington-dc-written-into-movie-script/story-e6frfmvr-1225938287324

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

So Gabriela Cedillo family is going for legal action.

Gabriela Cedillo's family have filed a legal case in Chicago, claiming Paramount and the film's location managers breached a duty of care.

The 24-year-old was left partially paralyzed and unable to speak when a thick slab of metal became dislodged from a stunt car and struck her head.

Rest of the story. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11485712

And. http://thecount.com/2010/10/05/injured-transformers-3-indiana-extra-gabriela-cedillo-sues-paramount-for-accident/

They're suing for $50,000, which is nothing considering to the permanent damage.

50k? thats a multi-million dollar lawsuit at the very least.

No, they're rushing production because they have less than nine months to complete the film and ship it for release. That's not a whole lot of time to spend on production as well as all the enormous number of viz-effects this movie will require.

These accidents aren't helping either...neither are the insurance bills....

No. They must be rushing the production because they're quaking in their boots about the upcoming threat of the Robotech movie.

Yeah, brown underwear time for Michael Bay.

Let me get this straight. That was a real police car that crashed into the Camaro? As in, it was actually answering a 911 call?

If so, that means that may have been another life endangered essentially by this bloody movie? Jesus Christ. There are no words.

Three things:

1. I saw brake lock-up on that Camaro. I thought they had 4-wheel ABS?

2. LOL, that SUV looked as though the officer could have kept on going to his call...

3. You mean with all that big-shot Hollywood budget, Michael Bay only thought to get one yellow Camaro?

" in excess of..." so yeah, I'm sure it will be for millions

Oh, I thought you meant the lawsuit involving the extra injured in September (just skimmed an article on that).

I remember seeing scenes from the first movie (still haven't bothered to waste any time with the 2nd), and watching the flipping/somersaulting cars thing and thinking: they're gonna f'ing get a stuntman or somebody killed with that over-the-top bullsh*t...

I remember seeing scenes from the first movie (still haven't bothered to waste any time with the 2nd), and watching the flipping/somersaulting cars thing and thinking: they're gonna f'ing get a stuntman or somebody killed with that over-the-top bullsh*t...

Reminds me of the claims that someone died during the chariot race scene in Ben-Hur. Who knows if it really happened, but yeah, this is starting to get out of hand.

EDIT:

/sarcasm on

It really sucks that TF3 is the first movie to ever have someone injured on the set during a scene. It's also a shame that an accident like the one involving the police SUV is the first of it's kind.

From here out, there's no telling if this will be some kind of epidemic or if maybe they are flukes. We're just going to have to wait and see how this develops.

The future of action movies could really be at stake here.

/sarcasm off

Edited by Chewie

Three things:

1. I saw brake lock-up on that Camaro. I thought they had 4-wheel ABS?

Bumblebee is not a Camaro. He is a hacked-up, modified, 04 GTO, with custom one-of-a-kind body panels copied from the clay master of the very first pre-pre-pre-pre-production Camaro CONCEPT. Real Camaros are different in just about every square inch--very similar, but no 2 parts are interchangable nor will fit with others.

Through all that work, it has retained the original air conditioning, but just about everything else is gone. It's likely totally illegal to drive it on the streets. It's not far off from the 1989 Batmobile, which was a heavily modified Ford IIRC.

And of course--being a stunt/Hollywood car, ABS could very well be intentionally disabled even if it was still there--ABS and traction control etc, can counteract the inputs of expert stunt drivers---plus they tend not to allow "cool" stuff like burnouts etc.

Let me get this straight. That was a real police car that crashed into the Camaro? As in, it was actually answering a 911 call?

If so, that means that may have been another life endangered essentially by this bloody movie? Jesus Christ. There are no words.

Uh...No actually the cop was at fault. Even if he was a bomb squad member on call. No he wasn't the only one who responded to it. It turns out to be a false alarm.

1. He was supposed to know its a movie set. Memo or briefing he was supposed to know. One witness said he ran over the yellow tape. Other witnesses said some cops were waving at him.

2. He set his CB radio on a frequency different from what Washington D.C. cops were using in the area.

3. The guy has an attention deficit. He ignored a red light. You got several stunt cars pass him and he still goes then he gets hit at the corner where the Camero and Ferrari's drivers wouldn't see him coming.

Even if you are a cop you don't ignore traffic laws.

It really sucks that TF3 is the first movie to ever have someone injured on the set during a scene. It's also a shame that an accident like the one involving the police SUV is the first of it's kind.

From here out, there's no telling if this will be some kind of epidemic or if maybe they are flukes. We're just going to have to wait and see how this develops.

accidents on hollywood sets are not new remember Brandon Lee? movie sets are like any other work place accidents will and do happen.

Someone was killed filming The Dark Knight

Bumblebee is not a Camaro. He is a hacked-up, modified, 04 GTO, with custom one-of-a-kind body panels copied from the clay master of the very first pre-pre-pre-pre-production Camaro CONCEPT. Real Camaros are different in just about every square inch--very similar, but no 2 parts are interchangable nor will fit with others.

Oooooooooooooh, okay. Gotcha. Hah! I bet they sure-as-sh*t wish they had some spare parts cars they could snatch up off the dealer's lot right about now. <_<

I didn't really think about people not getting I was being REALLY sarcastic. Apologies.

I was being REALLY sarcastic in my above post.

If you want to blame the movie for having a shi*ty plot, bad acting, terrible designs and just being overall suck, fine. Do so. Don't get all high, mighty and uppity because someone got hurt and an accident happened and start acting like "OMFG TRANSFORMERS IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER BECAUSE SOMEONE HIT A KIT CAR AND SOME EXTRA FORGOT MATH I AM OFFENDED AT TAKARA FOR EVER MAKING THE SHOW!!!!!!!111!!!!!!1!"

Uh...No actually the cop was at fault. Even if he was a bomb squad member on call. No he wasn't the only one who responded to it. It turns out to be a false alarm.

1. He was supposed to know its a movie set. Memo or briefing he was supposed to know. One witness said he ran over the yellow tape. Other witnesses said some cops were waving at him.

2. He set his CB radio on a frequency different from what Washington D.C. cops were using in the area.

3. The guy has an attention deficit. He ignored a red light. You got several stunt cars pass him and he still goes then he gets hit at the corner where the Camero and Ferrari's drivers wouldn't see him coming.

Even if you are a cop you don't ignore traffic laws.

I admit I don't know all the details, but it sounds logical to me that if you are answering a distress call or something, you shouldn't have to tip-toe around the set of a stupid movie.

"Even if he was a bomb-squad member on call"? Seriously? Are we on the same wavelength? If someone I knew was killed in a bomb blast because the rescue got held up due to production of overblown-budget entertainment, I don't think I would be most pleased to say the very least.

I feel somewhat at ease to hear that he wasn't the only authority on the scene responding to the call, but in any case, this is real life, and I think it takes precedence over a movie.

NERDFIGHT!!!!!!!!!

I admit I don't know all the details, but it sounds logical to me that if you are answering a distress call or something, you shouldn't have to tip-toe around the set of a stupid movie.

"Even if he was a bomb-squad member on call"? Seriously? Are we on the same wavelength? If someone I knew was killed in a bomb blast because the rescue got held up due to production of overblown-budget entertainment, I don't think I would be most pleased to say the very least.

I feel somewhat at ease to hear that he wasn't the only authority on the scene responding to the call, but in any case, this is real life, and I think it takes precedence over a movie.

I agree with you on principle but it makes sense to me that if it's emergency then the cop SHOULD have avoided the movie set. Productions can shut down streets and driving into the middle of one can get you stuck. It would be faster to drive around the production area.

Then watch it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cymG48RkWaA

Even if answering a call one shouldn't ignore the rules and be ignorant at same time. Cowboy attitude can get people killed. As said the cop had his CB radio set at a different frequency from what Washington DC police were using and he ignored a red light while plowing in a movie set.

Oh yeah Bay jokingly said Cops wrecked his Bumblebee now they'll have to pay for it. Though said in a joke Washington PD still will have to pay for the damages. Once the cop recovers I expect a dressing down by his superior for his idiocy.

Then watch it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cymG48RkWaA

Even if answering a call one shouldn't ignore the rules and be ignorant at same time. Cowboy attitude can get people killed. As said the cop had his CB radio set at a different frequency from what Washington DC police were using and he ignored a red light while plowing in a movie set.

Oh yeah Bay jokingly said Cops wrecked his Bumblebee now they'll have to pay for it. Though said in a joke Washington PD still will have to pay for the damages. Once the cop recovers I expect a dressing down by his superior for his idiocy.

I saw that video the day it came out. Watching something online does not equal knowing all the details.

I don't know, maybe you're right in that he was overtly reckless, but I always get angry at the emergency services here in Japan because they're too damn cautious. Especially ambulances. They have their sirens blaring plus shout "Please move, this is an ambulance, please move over" (I'm NOT kidding) through the megaphone and they still go slower than the rest of the traffic because stupid idiots are always in the way, like pedestrians who want to cross because they think they ought to be prioritized over someone who is most likely dying. So maybe it's just another extreme.

Whatever, anyway, the movie. So I read last night that diBonaventura said that this movie will have more comedy, and the characters will be more mature, all in one breath. Unless they re-defined their concept of comedy, I have no reason to be optimistic about that statement.