Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Looks good yes (mostly), but not at this size and price. I do hope they make more, but I hope bandai can finally figure out the fact that valks are AIRCRAFT, and the little details matter. They need those little things like wheels, and such.

Plus those shoulders look hideous in fighter mode. I know they're huge (and rightly so), but as long as they're going for the bulky super robot look, could they at least try and streamline the forward shoulder pivot? Those pivots look like they're half the size they should be for those shoulders. As it is, the whole front of the shoulder looks like some spare intake. <_<

Meh, don't mind me, I'm uber picky about YF/VF-19 shapes. I still want to see a side profile too.

Is anyone else as hung up as I am about the fact that this thing DOESN'T HAVE F*CKING LANDING GEAR?!?!

I just can't get over how stupid that is (I understand they probably couldn't do folding gears at this size but how hard is it to have a couple pop out panels and plug in wheels?!? they already have swappable pieces for the legs. <_< )

That's me. Really, how hard could it be? Damn shame because the sculpt looks pretty darn good. I'll still buy one though.

Thank goodness the upcoming VF-1 doesn't seem to have this issue.

Ironically, the landing gears was one thing they did get right in the VF-25.

That's me. Really, how hard could it be? Damn shame because the sculpt looks pretty darn good. I'll still buy one though.

Thank goodness the upcoming VF-1 doesn't seem to have this issue.

Ironically, the landing gears was one thing they did get right in the VF-25.

I get the feeling that the landing gear will be available with a new version, possibly bundled with the speaker pods shown in Figure Oh! last month.

Interestingly Tamashii/Bandai is holding a campaign in which they're going to select 19 bloggers to review the Fire Valk. Those who are chosen obviously get/win a Hi-Metal Fire Valk to review but their reviews will also be linked to the Tamashii Web site.

Obviously this campaign is only for those living in Japan.

It'll be interesting to see what the reviewers will say. I'd like to think/hope that certain points (like landing gears!) will filter back to the Hi-Metal development staff.

20100120191515.jpg

Is that the 1/100 VF-25 parts-former? That thing is tiny! O_O

What exactly is the scale of the Hi-Metal VF-19?

Looks pretty good! Love the fact that it's PT, and not a parts-former!

That's the VF-25G Robot Damashii

Wow, it looks good in the review pics and is a lot bigger than I expected (when compared with the robot tamashii VF-25). If all goes well, Bandai is so going to redeem itself with this line.

Hopefully, this will also give Yamato more incentives to make the VF-19 and VF-17

So I guess the hunt begins this weekend!

20100120191515.jpg

Is that the 1/100 VF-25 parts-former? That thing is tiny! O_O

What exactly is the scale of the Hi-Metal VF-19?

Looks pretty good! Love the fact that it's PT, and not a parts-former!

Is this a bad photo or does the face really sit that low? It looks like a good portion of the face is obscured by the chest?

Is this a bad photo or does the face really sit that low? It looks like a good portion of the face is obscured by the chest?

It's doing the Yamaguchi-style "crotch thrust out, shoulder back, chest up, face looking down" pose.

If you follow the links people have posted you can see plenty of photos that show what the actual toy looks and doesn't look like.

Edited by QuinJester

It does look very good. If they make a YF-19, I might have to get one, but I still don't like this pricepoint for something this small.

The thing that's frustrating to me personally though.. Yamato needs to take note. THIS is how you make the gullet look decent: DROP THE NOSE.

IMGP05711.jpg

The nose on the Yamato is just too thick (at the front near the cockpit, I'm not even talking about the front gear area), and the tip aims so high it ruins the overall curvature of the plane. It's simple: drop the nose tip till it's level with the centerline of the engines. It does wonders for the design.

I pretty much prefer the proportions on this to the 1/60 YF-19 in almost every way, honestly. Bigger wings, wider wing roots, and a nose that looks directed into the airstream. The gullet's still there, but with the nose lowered so much, it doesn't stick out.

I just wish it was bigger.

Edited by Chronocidal

They split the intakes off from the hips! No one has done that but SHE. (it's one of the 2 big things I complained about and drew illustrations for when the CAD for Yamato's came out). That makes a big difference to battroid mode appearance/poseability. (and that's how the line art shows it).

Anyone else find it ironic that Bandai did so well on a small VF-19 which is generally considered to have the most "anime magic" of all valks with regards to shape/transformation-----yet they didn't do so well on a larger, more expensive, much simpler/realistically-transforming VF-25?

Wow, wow, wow! This one sure looks like a winner (heck, those galleries make me want to order another one). Compared to the original VF-25 100, this one is virtually PT!

Now, sound booster as web shop exclusive is a big SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

looks reeeaaaal niiiice!... but yeah, the price is a little high... a little below the price point for a standalone v.2 VF-1 (i'm thinking HK street prices here...)

it really doesn't have any kind of landing gear??? as for someone mentioning the "gullet" issue w/ this vs. the Yamato, it most probably is b'coz of the absence of the front landing gear on the VF-100 Kai.

really, really tempting... but i'm thinking, if they can do this for the 1/100 scale, they can definitely make one in 1/60 or 1/55, whichever they have the license for... hhhhmmmm. :rolleyes:

Edited by m0n5t3r

Wow, that looks good. It seems to have better quality than the 1/60 YF-19. Anyone knows about its playability? Yamato's look good but not fun to play with. I just got the 1/60 VF-22S Max and it is damn f***ing hard to transform from Battroid to Gerwalk.

hmmmmmmmmmm indeed...

what's really stopping me from getting this is what the G-man let slip from his recent talks w/ the Yamato chiefs... if a 1/60 VF-17 is indeed in the works (and i like the VF-17D better than the Kai), size-wise this just doesn't cut it...

Edited by m0n5t3r