Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

I'm fine with no landing gear. I don't know if I've ever displayed a valk with it's gear out. They're usually standing in battroid mode or if I display them in fighter mode they're either on a stand or hanging from strings. Landing gear is overrated. :p

e crossed for a HiMetal VF-2SS........ Takashi you can stop laughing at me.
^^^^^^^^

THIS!

I'd love to see the VF-2SS with SAP and attack bits in the VF HI METAL line. I could do without landing gear on it because I don't ever remember seeing it deploy it's gear at all in the anime, though I could be wrong. I hope other obscure designs like the Metal Siren and VF-2JA get some love in that line too.

I suspect that the VF-25 will make its entry in the VF HI METAL line next spring and blow the VF100's out of the water too.

What's so damn difficult about adding an option to attach the landing gears!? :angry:

I hope that what we're seeing are pre-pro models and they do somehow include the landing gears option in the final product.

To me, landing gears on a Valkyrie enhances the viewpoint that it's fighter plane first. An airplane/Valkyrie needs to look good on the ground sitting on it's landing gears.

I dealt with the fiddly bits and floppiness on the VF100s Messiah. At least it looks damn nice sitting on it's landing gears in fighter mode. Heck, it was like the best part of the VF100s Messiah.

Edited by Vifam7

I dealt with the fiddly bits and floppiness on the VF100s Messiah. At least it looks damn nice sitting on it's landing gears in fighter mode. Heck, it was like the best part of the VF100s Messiah.
To be honest, I preferred the landing gear on the VF100's version to that of the DX and model; too short on the DX, way too long on the model.

I could do without gear on the 2SS but I'd like it if the other releases like the Fire Valk had the gear. A lack of gear wouldn't stop me from buying one but it would be good to see.

They were in a no win situation anyway. If they made it have landing gears you could plug in then people would have sniveled about how the landing gears weren't integrated. If they integrated the landing gears they would have looked hideous and small and people would have complained about that.

It's truly a no-win because I am now going to complain that they didn't bother with any landing gear at all.

You think it looks that bad?

well, there's a huge bulge on the back, the wing roots don't fit against the legs leaving a big hole where the calf/knee and wing root meet, the wing root and the intakes don't line up, the wing root is awfully fat and doesn't blend into the wing at all and the legs sit too low and bandai tried to fudge it by making the shoulder pads sit way too high... so yeah, I think it looks pretty awful.

I'm digging the other modes though. I'd get one if they weren't so expensive... they cost as much as a yammie v2 1/60 and I'd honestly rather get one of those for the money.

edit: oh, and the intakes and main body don't line up, notice the yellow accent is showing.

Basically it look like it has all the fit issues of the yamato 1/60 yf-19 but it also introduces a whole mess of new sculpt related issues too.

Edited by eugimon

I'm digging the other modes though. I'd get one if they weren't so expensive... they cost as much as a yammie v2 1/60 and I'd honestly rather get one of those for the money.

You have your math completely off. A Yamato 19 costs about $200. This VF-Hi Metal 19 will (supposedly) cost $70.

The sculpt in my opinion looks decent. The lack of landing gears is the biggest negative IMHO.

You have your math completely off. A Yamato 19 costs about $200. This VF-Hi Metal 19 will (supposedly) cost $70.

The sculpt in my opinion looks decent. The lack of landing gears is the biggest negative IMHO.

I think eugimon is making reference to the 1/60 VF-1 v2. Overdrive has a sale where some stand alone versions are $73.99 B))

Fightermode doesn't look too bad to me and at 1/100 i can live without opening canopy and landing gear but at any larger scale it would be terrible.

I love displaying my larger VF's with the gear down and canopy up with crew figures around making it look like its in the hangar.

But then the Kai was shown in battroid about 90% of the time anyway.

The price however is not nice, too much for such a small toy.

I'll wait until early 2010 and see if Yamato is doing something in 1/60 scale and if not, i'll probably grab one of these as i like the design (except the mouth that is)

Thanks anime52k8 for clarifying my comment to lechuck. B))

To my defense, I glimpsed Armored 25 and model kit in ff95gj's original post and immediately concluded DX.

It completely lapsed my mind that the VF100 line also had an Amored VF-25 already released. (Probably because its release was so low key on MW.)

So in retrospect ff95gj's post makes more sense, but I still disagree that 7000 Yen is expensive for this thing.

As for the landing gear missing... couldn't care less, it would have probably only interfered with Battroid mode.

Besides the hads, I'm thinking it may be necessary to remove the head fin in fighter mode and the peice on the back of the neck in fighter mode.

If you look at the fighter and gerwalk mode poics of the test shot, the peice on the back of the neck looks completely different.

As long as it locks together well and is not a froppy mess, I will be very happy.

Graham

Besides the hads, I'm thinking it may be necessary to remove the head fin in fighter mode and the peice on the back of the neck in fighter mode.

If you look at the fighter and gerwalk mode poics of the test shot, the peice on the back of the neck looks completely different.

As long as it locks together well and is not a froppy mess, I will be very happy.

Graham

True, I just realised that the fin is not supposed to be visible in fighter mode :blink: I always thought it showed just as the VF-19S or VF-19F (or as in the 1/65 one :lol: ).

Besides the floppiness, I also hope Bandai lowers the quantity of unnecesary additional and replacement parts (i.e. the gunpod in the VF-25). Now we have to wait for a pic of the VF-19k with all the parts that it will include.

Actually, I just noticed that in the last pic of the green / gray prototype you can see some parts in the background...

I went to gamu-toys website where thesse pics came from and I found this:

スタッフの方に色々説明していだきました。

ダイキャストパーツを多用し各形態で安定性を確保。 差し替えパーツは最小限に抑えており

主に頭部のレーザーやトサカ部などの細かい部分のみの差し替えで、各形態へ変形可能。

変形には支障の無い、ディティールアップパーツなどもアリ(脚裏なので使用しなくても気になりません)

Google translate:

Idakimashita color we explain how the staff.

Stability Daikyasutopatsu extensive use of each form. Replacement parts are kept to a minimum

The only replacement parts such as fine head of the main laser and Tosaka, can transform into each area.

Deformation is not in trouble, as well as Ditiruappupatsu Ali (not to worry because even without using the back leg)

And:

目の前でバトロイドからガウォークへの一連の変形を見ましたが

頭部の3パーツのみの差し替えで(トサカ、左右レーザー)、スムーズに変形が行われていました。

Google translate:

Saw the transformation from a series of gadget to walk in front of Battroid

Replacement of only three parts of the head (Tosaka, left and right laser), the transformation was done smoothly.

- THREE parts only from Battroid to Gerwalk ... what's a "tosaka" (トサカ)? the fin?

Finally:

ファイター形態。

VF100'sでは居るのだか居ないのだか、よくわからなかったパイロットも、しっかりと再現されているようです。

VF100'sの出来がアレだったので、正直このシリーズにも期待していませんでしたが

今回の展示品の中で一番弄るのが楽しみになったアイテムです。

Google translate:

Fighter area.

VF100's what it is absent or of staying in, the pilot did not know well, and have been reproduced as a solid.

Are the VF100's since I was made of, but did not expect this series Nao Masa

The item was most looking forward to show in this exhibit.

i hope it won't have the floppy chest like the 1/60 yf 19 by yamato, panels or any pieces to lock the chest will be OK

i still don't understand why those reissue yf 19 by yamato didn't come with a fixed chest

Wow...this is the first I've seen human hands holding this thing, it's much bigger than I was expecting! Unless it's a larger prototype of course. If that is the true size and if those grey parts are going to be metal then ~$70 seems really cheap.