Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

looks like the little blobby pilot is holding a green shaft (or guitar) to his chest.

Allow me to sharpen & enlarge things up with photoshop... Voila...

sharpened.jpg

It does looks like it... You can see the head and the torso, and what seems to be white gloved hands holding a guitar. At least the hand position (if it really are hands) is the classic left hand fret bar, right hand sound hole position.

If Bandai does indeed includes Basara pilot figure, this toy level of detail will be insane! 1/100 scale human models are hard to paint, and Bandai is mass producing these. Even if the pilot turns out to be just a blob with smudgy colors, it still needs to be painted manually. Bandai really steps up the game as of late, I call the hi-metal series the true VF100.

Positive note aside... Anybody notice that the gunpod is crooked? It's the same with VF100 VF25s.

Edited by Midi_Amp

Positive note aside... Anybody notice that the gunpod is crooked? It's the same with VF100 VF25s.

It probably looks crooked due to the hump in the stock.

vf-19custom-gunpod_small.gif

However, if it's made of PVC (hopefully not), it'll most likely be crooked and require the hot-water treatment.

It probably looks crooked due to the hump in the stock.

vf-19custom-gunpod_small.gif

However, if it's made of PVC (hopefully not), it'll most likely be crooked and require the hot-water treatment.

Hmm, on careful observation... It just might be due to the hump indeed. I'd say, I'm giddy about the release; perfect transformation and attention to detail is superb. Here's hoping that the amiami released pictures are production ready, going to hate it when it's available the cockpit hatch is solid + tinted.

You do realize that's exactly how you're supposed to pilot that particular Valk, right? (As cheesy and absurd as it may sound).

Sorry, this is a bit OT, but that might be an interesting game concept. Kind of like a Macross version of Guitar Hero/Rock Band. :) You would play Basara in the Kai (or whatever Fire Bomber member) using the guitar/instrument controllers. During battles you play along to Fire Bomber songs just like Rock Band. Your success at following the songs determines how you fare in the battles and advancing the story. I'd buy it.

Sorry, this is a bit OT, but that might be an interesting game concept. Kind of like a Macross version of Guitar Hero/Rock Band. :) You would play Basara in the Kai (or whatever Fire Bomber member) using the guitar/instrument controllers. During battles you play along to Fire Bomber songs just like Rock Band. Your success at following the songs determines how you fare in the battles and advancing the story. I'd buy it.

Who'd have thought, SK was waaaaaaaayy ahead of his time. He created his version of Rockband before there was Rockband. ^_^

Back OT: I still have reservations about this, it looks great and all, but the price point is really hindering my decision to buy this.

No Ngee Khiong read it wrong. From his source: http://www.tamashii.jp/item/t_month.php you can see it is actually the Robot Spirits VF-25G that will be released on 5th for 2940yen after tax.

Yep!

The only way we'd see a VF100 at that price range would be a non-transformable version of the fighter, GERWALK or Battroid.

They sold the Tamashii Limited Edition fighters for around 3500 - 4000 at Wonderfest and they don't transform. Georgeous nonetheless... :)

Is it safe to assume the VF-100's line is officially DEAD (sorry for screaming) and the coming ones (after the Kai) will also be released as the "Hi-metal" line?

Please enlighten me! (only missing Luca's RVF to complete the Skull Squad...)

Is it safe to assume the VF-100's line is officially DEAD (sorry for screaming) and the coming ones (after the Kai) will also be released as the "Hi-metal" line?

Please enlighten me! (only missing Luca's RVF to complete the Skull Squad...)

I'll pay for a web exclusive Luca. MAKE ME ONE :angry:

It's just sad to see a missing crew.

Apparently there's a Sound Booster in the works...

from Ngee Khiong:

From the cover of this month's issue of Figure Oh, we get to see a really tiny silhouette of VF Hi-Metal Fire Valkyrie, but with special attachments on the shoulders.

post-322-1261458037_thumb.jpg

Sound Booster pack to be released for this action figure maybe? This is mentioned on CyberGundam regarding bits of the magazine's content. However, there is no image yet to confirm on this. But I kind of suspect that it's going to be a Tamashii Web Shop limited release, since special equipment packs seldom get regular releases

Apparently there's a Sound Booster in the works...

from Ngee Khiong:

From the cover of this month's issue of Figure Oh, we get to see a really tiny silhouette of VF Hi-Metal Fire Valkyrie, but with special attachments on the shoulders.

post-322-1261458037_thumb.jpg

Sound Booster pack to be released for this action figure maybe? This is mentioned on CyberGundam regarding bits of the magazine's content. However, there is no image yet to confirm on this. But I kind of suspect that it's going to be a Tamashii Web Shop limited release, since special equipment packs seldom get regular releases

toyark actually has an illustrated photo from that article. No real pic of the toy though. I'm curious what the bottom right corner of the page shown on toyark is about b/c it looks like there is a YF-19 drawing there, but it might just be a "reference" type thing.

Personally? 1/100 is too small for me to care about ... well, nearly anything. I don't have anything in that scale, and I'm not going to start another VF-1 collection just to have something similar. The VF-19 might be an okay size, but 1/100 VF-1s will be freaking tiny.

While I'm sure there's a portion of the population that will buy the Bandai VF-1, and will gather a decent collection in that scale, they need to offer something more than another set of VF-1s. The market is just flooded right now.

What I would like to know is how far Bandai plans to carry their VF-1 line.. Yamato has covered pretty much every canon scheme possible now, and they're even covering the customs market with their kit version. Bandai is playing catch-up at best here, and unless they have some massive gimmicks up their sleeves, I don't see any reason not to buy a bigger plane.

Shoot, the VF-1 kit price is around $60 if I recall (not sure about that, need to re-check).. with the VF-19 coming in around $70.. If Bandai can't keep the VF-1 price significantly below the 1/60th kit, I don't know how they'll ever sell. Yes, it takes work, and some people like their planes smaller. But considering how people like Gundam kits..

I dunno. I guess what seems funny about this to me.. it's like Bandai is trying to sell Macross using the same methods it uses to sell Gundam. Smaller action figures, bigger kits, bigger still DX versions.. I don't know if it'll wind up working in the end.

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm just wondering what all this "HI-METAL" talk means. I see... a metal pin or two maybe? Yes, it's a prototype. But there's so much clear materlal there, I have a hard time understanding what metal has to do with that toy.

At least they finally learned to put hardpoints on the wings, instead of using clip-on missiles.

I'm just wondering what all this "HI-METAL" talk means. I see... a metal pin or two maybe? Yes, it's a prototype. But there's so much clear materlal there, I have a hard time understanding what metal has to do with that toy.

From what I can gather from the text, it appears to be a prototype showpiece to show the transformation mechanism they're working on and some of the details. It says that the gimmicks and sculpt is not yet finalized. This prototype doesn't show where the diecast will be used though the text suggests the swing arm?* and arm block (which they suggest, seems like a modified Takatoku with a hinge in the center?*) will likely be made of diecast.

* I might have the translation alittle off since it's hard to translate and figure out what they're talking about in regards to Valk transformation mechanism.

Words like "Hi-Metal" and "Chogokin" are just marketing terms. An homage and marketing gimmick to recall the beloved toys of yesterday :) In reality, it generally means "some" use of diecast (sometimes more, sometimes a lot less). SoC collectors know what I mean. :)