Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

BTW, has Yamato ever stated its interest, or lack of, in the Mospeada license? I'm kinda disappointed of CM's efforts and Toynami, despite the great sculp, it's not up to today's standards. Besides Yamato has a great record in designing and manufacturing complex transforming planes, a Legioss/TREAD combo would be like a walk in the park for them. A Bandai SPEC combo would be sweet too.

I'm a huge Mospeada fan and have never bought a CMs product. That tells you something. Even Toynami did not go as far as I think Yamato would on the extras.

A Yamato 1/60 Legioss / Tread would be a dream. A Mospeada Yamato ANYTHING would be awesome.

I cannot picture them saying;

"Yeah, let's just leave off the Tread top missile bays and bombs, no one will really care." "And the giant cockpit eyes on the chest are fine, let's not have it flip over to blank white"

OR on the pilotless drone;

"let's not do the flip up shoulder missile launchers, it'll just complicate things."

I AM happy with all I've gotten, don't get me wrong, but I can still dream. I do not find myself wanting on Yamato 1/60 valks or destroids, they seem to have gotten it all . . .

(except maybe gun straps, Oooo and side covers - OK maybe I am a little hard to please)

Edited by DarrinG

I'm a huge Mospeada fan and have never bought a CMs product. That tells you something. Even Toynami did not go as far as I think Yamato would on the extras.

A Yamato 1/60 Legioss / Tread would be a dream. A Mospeada Yamato ANYTHING would be awesome.

I cannot picture them saying;

"Yeah, let's just leave off the Tread top missile bays and bombs, no one will really care." "And the giant cockpit eyes on the chest are fine, let's not have it flip over to blank white"

OR on the pilotless drone;

"let's not do the flip up shoulder missile launchers, it'll just complicate things."

I AM happy with all I've gotten, don't get me wrong, but I can still dream. I do not find myself wanting on Yamato 1/60 valks or destroids, they seem to have gotten it all . . .

(except maybe gun straps, Oooo and side covers - OK maybe I am a little hard to please)

I would LOVE Yamato to get their hands on the MOSPEADA license, especially if they did it at what they claim is 1/15th scale (which is really 1/18th), so it matches with Yamato's BGC motoslave and Megazone 23 Garland (though at the moment my 1/18th CMs are posed next to those).

To me, Yamato seems the ideal company to handle the level of detail that MOSPEADA requires, be it the bikes themselves, or the Legioss and TREAD.

I would LOVE Yamato to get their hands on the MOSPEADA license, especially if they did it at what they claim is 1/15th scale (which is really 1/18th), so it matches with Yamato's BGC motoslave and Megazone 23 Garland (though at the moment my 1/18th CMs are posed next to those).

To me, Yamato seems the ideal company to handle the level of detail that MOSPEADA requires, be it the bikes themselves, or the Legioss and TREAD.

We should ask Graham. Seems like one of those FAQ he uses to take to Yamato every now and then, and it'd surprise me that there wasn't already a statement about it on their part, wether is a "we're definitely interested", a "Definitely maybe" or a "Nah! Who gives a $#!+ about Mospeada anyway?"

Does anyone here know where you kind find the new cm legioss and tread with new parts on line. Thanks for the help

I've asked the same thing here a couple of times, but nobody seems to know. Apparently, there's a retailer in Tokyo who has it (Save has the details), but so far nothing about online availability.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Yamato is not going to be interested in Mospeada after Beagle's recent failure. Even Mega House didn't find it worth the effort to finish their line. CMs really has Mospeada covered and having had those three companies alone saturated the tiny Mospeada market. Dump on top of that the Aoshima debacle (being made better with a high quality Tread release) and there's just not much of a draw for any other toy company to throw their hat in that ring. Mospeada was big enough for one dominant toy company to make good use of the license but it wasn't nearly popular enough for the landslide we got. So sad.

Hey! Didn't expect to hear from you yet. Did you get all moved?

I hear what you're saying. I wish it had been Beagle that covered the whole line instead.

Here's to Toynami finding the Mospeada niche profitable enough to revive the Fuke Red Ride-armor project.

I know, I know - doubt they will . . .

(in other news; got my RB.com message that my green beta is on the way)

Yamato is not going to be interested in Mospeada after Beagle's recent failure. Even Mega House didn't find it worth the effort to finish their line. CMs really has Mospeada covered and having had those three companies alone saturated the tiny Mospeada market. Dump on top of that the Aoshima debacle (being made better with a high quality Tread release) and there's just not much of a draw for any other toy company to throw their hat in that ring. Mospeada was big enough for one dominant toy company to make good use of the license but it wasn't nearly popular enough for the landslide we got. So sad.

The sting of what you're saying wouldn't be so bad if we never got to see that Fuke prototype. That's what is so unfair about it all. It would have been great if they could have started with the 2 most wanted Ride Armors, then go back and do the Stick and Rey versions, but I guess like most other time companies, you start off with your most principal characters first. It's always a letdown when toy companies show off cool stuff they have coming down the pipeline only to cancel the line before releasing that stuff. I remember when I was looking forward to the Takara Beast Wars Neo Unicron after seeing the prototype, but that never made it to market.

Can someone just summerize all the differences between CMs, Toynami, Aoshima and Beagle (scale, quality, differences - eg headsculpts?) I've been out of it for nearly a year and am slowly getting back into things.

A tag for mainly best sculpts and quality would be easiest I guess.

Yes, I'm back.... again!

Edited by Neova

Hey Neova,

good to have you back. Just check out jenius's website. He pretty much reviewed them all with comparisons, too, IIRC.

http://www.anymoon.com/blog/

I just took a peek and spotted this:

http://anymoon.com/blog/2009/08/24/gakken-172-alphalegioss/

Looks like robotechcollections.fr doesn't want people to steal their pictures without knowing where they came from:

robotechcollectionsfr%204.jpg

I'm not sure... maybe Jenius added that text when he uploaded it. But it's interesting to see what was cut off that picture aside from most of the Tread on the right. Here is the original from macrossworld.

mw_tread01.jpg

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

I just took a peek and spotted this:

http://anymoon.com/blog/2009/08/24/gakken-172-alphalegioss/

Looks like robotechcollections.fr doesn't want people to steal their pictures without knowing where they came from:

robotechcollectionsfr%204.jpg

I'm not sure... maybe Jenius added that text when he uploaded it. But it's interesting to see what was cut off that picture aside from most of the Tread on the right. Here is the original from macrossworld.

mw_tread01.jpg

Carl

Yep Carl, I added that caption about stealing the picture because I was taking them from robotechcollections.fr without really asking permission. I've spoken with the person so I was pretty sure it'd be fine but I figured to be safe I'd make it clear where I got the pictures from. Apparently that person wasn't so diligent about labeling where he got his pictures from...

Ya want me to go ahead and replace that cropped version I stole from robotechcollections.fr with your original which gives you credit?

Got my CMs Shinobu Bartley in today. I've hardly touched it so far but colour me unimpressed. Surprisingly the gap in the front wheel well actually doesn't bother me too much but I suppose being such a small toy in general the empty space just isn't that pronounced.

Green Beta arrived.

Have to say it is the loosest / floppiest of the bunch so far. The hip extender/retractor goes in and out with gravity, or basically whenever its handled.

Paint is chipped on several places, see pic below.

Can someone sculpt a chest cover that not only covers those eyes but goes back and hides the chest gun?

Have not changed modes yet, more pics to come . . .

post-8486-1251817031_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1251817040_thumb.jpg

Yep Carl, I added that caption about stealing the picture because I was taking them from robotechcollections.fr without really asking permission.

Ya want me to go ahead and replace that cropped version I stole from robotechcollections.fr with your original which gives you credit?

Well I feel better that it was you that added that text. I am a little irked that they cropped off my credit at the bottom but at least they didn't plop their own credit on it too. You did that trying to do the right thing.

Over all it's not that big a deal. If I was overly worried about it I'd put my credit in a watermark right over the top of the toy where it wouldn't be so easily removed. But I don't like when others do that so I didn't. And I've certainly downloaded my share of pics off the internet so I'm sure others have saved these. I just wish they'd leave the credit on the picture but aside from being mildly irked its not something I view as worth fighting over. I'm sort of a little surprised that others view it as worth the effort to crop off the credit in the first place.

Carl

Since I'm in the middle of my move right now I'm having problems keeping up with the website. When things get a bit settled down I'll update that post and put the un-altered picture in and give you credit. That seems to be the right thing to do to me. Sorry I didn't research a bit more and find the original right off the bat.

Green Beta arrived.

Have to say it is the loosest / floppiest of the bunch so far. The hip extender/retractor goes in and out with gravity, or basically whenever its handled.

Paint is chipped on several places, see pic below.

Can someone sculpt a chest cover that not only covers those eyes but goes back and hides the chest gun?

Have not changed modes yet, more pics to come . . .

Hmm Darring... seems like you have the same problem that i have with my green beta also, was thinking of doing weathering using my air brush... but have to find the courage to pick up my toy and dis-assemble it... :ph34r:

Hm.

I'm bored.

Should I be downloading and watching Mospedea for the first time in my life, or would it be a better idea to finally finish watching Mobile Suite Gundam?

Pete

Thats actually a tough call, is finishing MSG and then dl'ing Mospeada an option?

Thats actually a tough call, is finishing MSG and then dl'ing Mospeada an option?

Cheap as Mospeada is, actually buying it and funneling some genuine Mospeada profit back up the chain is an option.

Cheap as Mospeada is, actually buying it and funneling some genuine Mospeada profit back up the chain is an option.

+1.

As Ray says, the DVD set can be had really cheap; I think I paid about $25.00 for mine a few years ago. The booklet that comes with it IS worthwhile, containing several great interviews and recollections of the production staff.

Pete, if you haven't seen Mospeda, you're missing out man!

I didn't see it posted earlier, but in case anyone is interested, there's gonna be some Garfish goodness coming soon in a resin kit: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...7453&st=805

Look near the bottom of the thread. The kit will be 1/350th and around $150. - MT