Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

over rated?

Oh come one the original Japanese version isn't the easiest thing to watch. As far as design goes the show is tops, but how the show actually played out was a bit boring. I rather watch the RT version which even I'm more fond of.

Oh come one the original Japanese version isn't the easiest thing to watch. As far as design goes the show is tops, but how the show actually played out was a bit boring. I rather watch the RT version which even I'm more fond of.

It must make people wish sometimes that a real Mospeada sequel would get made these days to take advantage of the toys' popularity rather than the universe(s) surrounding them.

Edited by Einherjar

Sorry to hear that you're having issues Cory. If it does get to the point that the balcony option seems overwhelmingly attractive, please do us all a favor and send me a PM first (I mean this sincerely).

+1 to this. I wouldn't mind a Ray. I love my Beagle and wouldn't mind having a friend for it!

Vostok 7

I just wasn't sure if you really meant over rated or if you mistyped because you're such a fan. Not that the statement is invalid. It's hard for me to think of it so since it wasn't really a hit even in Robotech terms. In RT terms it still pales under the shadow of the Macross Saga, not as much as Southern Cross.

Seriously, right now I'm about two seconds away from pitching the whole thing off my balcony and watching explode into a billion pieces.

Sorry to hear about that, I had the same problem when i did it the first time. It took me 45 minutes and it felt floppy.

Almost everyone transforms these wrong the first time(s). It was nog untill transforming it for like the 5th time that i finaly got everything right.

Than it became a pretty sturdy toy. completely tranforming it nog takes 10-15 minutes. You'll get the hang of it.

Gillermo, awesome pics. You must have a very understanding girlfriend. She sounds like a keeper.

I do actually, she likes these things too even though she's not a fan or anything. It's a lot tougher having a girl that hates these things (had to get rid of that one).

I'm keeping this one ^_^

So how much would you guys pay for this now? Mospeada Complete Art Works review is up.

40 bucks max, the new Beta's have made the old ones absolete for me B))

I just wasn't sure if you really meant over rated or if you mistyped because you're such a fan. Not that the statement is invalid. It's hard for me to think of it so since it wasn't really a hit even in Robotech terms. In RT terms it still pales under the shadow of the Macross Saga, not as much as Southern Cross.

I liked the new generation more that the macross saga when i was a kid. Liked the mecha better too. :wub:

Edited by gilermo

The overglue is common, CMs glued the hell out of 'em after everyone broke the first editions visors off... because of that you don't hear many people breaking Yellow's so it's a bummer you had the misfortune. I'm not sure I follow on the misalignment but something definitely does look misaligned there. You can check out the review on my site for pictures of how it should look to see if you can figure out the problem spot.
I actually tried looking at your pictures before I posted here but nothing was really angled where I could tell if it was similar. Basically if you're looking at the front end the right headlight and cowl section sticks out farther than the left. In addition to that the right fork is rubbing against the shoulder armor portion and straight out of the package it has already rubbed a noticeable groove into it.

As of now I'm working with the seller as they have offered to replace it. IMO someone not necessarily the seller had already handled and damaged this figure. The plastic tray had noticeably been retaped and at first I didn't think the windscreen was even in the package. It had some how worked it's way into the motorcycle chassis near the engine and fell out when I picked the bike up. Still the irony is I only really needed it to look good in bike mode to display with the trading figures that are coming out and I got this hassle.

I get the impression that those who describe MOSPEADA as overrated are mostly upset/disappointed with how episodic it seems at times. That's totally understandable as it doesn't really develop the overall earth reclamation effort too much and then *bam* you're at the end of the series.

So after some very unfan-like growling and complaining (and several circuits around the room) I managed to get it back to bike mode. Hooray! Now it's sitting on my table in all it's wheeled glory, taunting me. I can hear it now with it's little voice: "You suuuuck! Jenius transforms us with ease *snicker*. What's that? Giving up already? Mwa ha!"

... or maybe I should lay off the caffiene as soon as I wake up... ^_^

Nah, the balcony time has passed. My problem is that I get halfway through a complex transformation and have to fight to keep interested in finishing it. I ran into the same problem with the Beta Fighter, but that toy is much larger and has fewer fiddly pieces to deal with.

Edited by CoryHolmes

I think that's the first proof of the red Tread I have ever seen. Nobody tell Carl... he might have to fly off to Japan with a suitcase full of money.

Yep, lends credibility to those odd rumors floating around the interwebs. How long now until one pops up on Ebay or Yahoo Japan?

Ah-HAH!!! Victory is mine! Victory is mine! *does a ridiculous victory dance* Suck it, toy! Suck iiiiiiit!

*ahem*

I'm pleased to report that I have sucessfully transformed this toy to battloid mode. That Collection DX review really did help with my one stickling point, which was the kick-stand. I knew that was my problem but I had no idea how to fix it until I saw it done for me. After that, my only problems were that the right side of the toy had insanely tight tolerances, in so far as almost being outside of each mating pieces' tolerance.

Seriously, I had to shave down the thigh peg and widen the hole for it to plug into (and even then it was a tight fit), and the right chest armour/sensor bay won't stay plugged in and pops out at the slightest breeze. And that sideways skew still screws things up, though the groin-piece and groin-hook kinda hold it all together, except during the aforementioned breeze. The figure joints are also so tight that I was afraid to bend them lest I break them, and as soon as I got a pose that darned right side popped free. Fortunatly it's not that visible, so I'm going to leave it just as it is.

All in all, this is an awesome toy that's fiddly enough that I think I'd sooner buy a second one to display in motorcycle mode than attempt this beastly conversion again anytime soon ^_^

I think that's the first proof of the red Tread I have ever seen. Nobody tell Carl... he might have to fly off to Japan with a suitcase full of money.

WOW!!! I knew my ears were burning for a reason. :) Yes, this is the first solid proof I've seen. I've heard stories of green Treads and Shadow Treads and Legioss in this same line by Gakken but I've never got any photo graphic proof. The person I bought my Gakken Tread from said he has seen the red one with his own eyes and he had planned on buying it himself if I had bought a second blue one from him. I never did. Though I did get pictures of his second blue Tread he was never able to get me a picture of the red one.

And as much as I'd LOVE to have this with the economy as it is right now I could use a suitcase full of money more. Anyone translated the text on that page yet? I'd love to know what it says about the red Tread.

And what is the best way to pick up this book? I *HAVE* to get myself a copy. Any mention (or better yet pictures) of a green or shadow Tread (and Legioss) in it?

Carl

All in all, this is an awesome toy that's fiddly enough that I think I'd sooner buy a second one to display in motorcycle mode than attempt this beastly conversion again anytime soon ^_^

That is exactly what i did. got two beagle's and two MPC cyclone's. ^_^

WOW!!! I knew my ears were burning for a reason. :) Yes, this is the first solid proof I've seen. I've heard stories of green Treads and Shadow Treads and Legioss in this same line by Gakken but I've never got any photo graphic proof. The person I bought my Gakken Tread from said he has seen the red one with his own eyes and he had planned on buying it himself if I had bought a second blue one from him. I never did. Though I did get pictures of his second blue Tread he was never able to get me a picture of the red one.

And as much as I'd LOVE to have this with the economy as it is right now I could use a suitcase full of money more. Anyone translated the text on that page yet? I'd love to know what it says about the red Tread.

And what is the best way to pick up this book? I *HAVE* to get myself a copy. Any mention (or better yet pictures) of a green or shadow Tread (and Legioss) in it?

Carl

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=773124

Just add hlj...

akim.

ID number:1478..

reporting for duty...

Sorry if blurry.... :lol: could not find the strike a pose section ... wonder where it went to...

anyways a shadow beta is confirmed on the way, i had taken a look the manual, and in the end the shadow beta is showcases as the next beta to be coming out...

post-1278-1250090806_thumb.jpg

Edited by eyesonme78

reporting for duty...

Sorry if blurry.... :lol: could not find the strike a pose section ... wonder where it went to...

anyways a shadow beta is confirmed on the way, i had taken a look the manual, and in the end the shadow beta is showcases as the next beta to be coming out...

Looks great. Love the little red sensor of the Beta head poking up!

I just got my green Alpha from someone here on MW, preparing for the arrival of my matching green Beta.

This Alpha seems pretty tight, especially compared to my red version. One thing I noticed on this release - did they add little crotch pegs that lock into the back of the calves in fighter mode? Don't remember those on my blue and red.

Tempted to change mode to battloid to see how these pegs look but I'm not sure I want to change modes on these MPC Alphas much . . .

reporting for duty...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...l=strike+a+pose

Looks great. Love the little red sensor of the Beta head poking up!

I just got my green Alpha from someone here on MW, preparing for the arrival of my matching green Beta.

This Alpha seems pretty tight, especially compared to my red version. One thing I noticed on this release - did they add little crotch pegs that lock into the back of the calves in fighter mode? Don't remember those on my blue and red.

Tempted to change mode to battloid to see how these pegs look but I'm not sure I want to change modes on these MPC Alphas much . . .

I had change modes on the alpha for many times, but i exercise great cautions while changing mode, kinda made me look like a surgeon when i change modes.. hahaha.. can't exert too much force or be impatient...but for the crotch pegs i think they have added something..

Thanks EXO, i went browsing through the whole section of anime or science fiction and i could not find it!! i think maybe my browser is having problem, or my eyes are haha :lol:

When exactly is the Aoshima Beta due out? Two retailers have told me two conflicting dates. One said that it had already been released and one told me that it was due this month.

All three were released a week or so ago.

Not sure if you guys are tired of these or not, but here's some more... :lol:

Still underway:

-MPC cyclone Scott

-MPC cyclone Scott (thanks >EXO<)

-MPC Alpha Shadow (thanks >EXO<)

-MPC Alpha Lancer (thanks girlfriend)

-MPC Beta Green

-Mospeada the complete art works

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

Edited by gilermo

FYI: GI Joe has its own version of the cyclone coming out: G.I. Joe Cycle Armor with Ashiko.

Just announced at JoeCon.

:huh:

I was more interested until I saw the giant ugly pegs on the riders for the armor attachment.

Giant ugly pegs are giant and ugly.

Got my Rand MPC today! Looks great! Can't wait to take it out of the box when I get a minute. Then reality clicked in-----these two will be the only two I will EVER have... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: This is just soooo wrong in SO many ways Beagle.........

Edited by derex3592