Hello, my name is Stick Bernard.

Vostok 7

I haven't had luck anywhere else on the forums, so I guess I'll ask this question here. I've been trying everyday to find a CM's Bartley/Houquet to no avail. The only place is evilbay, and the prices are crazy! Does anyone here know where else I can get one, or if anyone here might have an extra one they wouldn't mind parting with? I just ordered pretty much all of them from overseas, but I just can't see myself paying $90 for one, especially for it's size. Please help! :wacko:

I haven't had luck anywhere else on the forums, so I guess I'll ask this question here. I've been trying everyday to find a CM's Bartley/Houquet to no avail. The only place is evilbay, and the prices are crazy! Does anyone here know where else I can get one, or if anyone here might have an extra one they wouldn't mind parting with? I just ordered pretty much all of them from overseas, but I just can't see myself paying $90 for one, especially for it's size. Please help! :wacko:

Your best bet is from www.overdrive.com. They are selling them at $50.99. Of course, you will need to pay EMS from Japan, which will be about $17 to me in California. But it's a lot better than $90 plus every where else.

I was in the same boat as you. I awnted to get a bartley, but didn't want to pay a lot. So when I ordered it from overdrive, I went ahead and bought the dark bartley from them as well, which is listed at $49.99. My total for both including EMS was $126.

Your best bet is from www.overdrive.com. They are selling them at $50.99. Of course, you will need to pay EMS from Japan, which will be about $17 to me in California. But it's a lot better than $90 plus every where else.

I was in the same boat as you. I awnted to get a bartley, but didn't want to pay a lot. So when I ordered it from overdrive, I went ahead and bought the dark bartley from them as well, which is listed at $49.99. My total for both including EMS was $126.

I tried them already. They don't even have the Bartley listed. I wouldn't have minded paying that either. Thanks for the reply. Any other ideas?

I would get that in a hearbeat if it didn't have that stupidass Yune-sculted head.

Exo was right, Yune didn't sculpt the head, but it is based on his art. Either way, I do prefere the Beagle heads much better, especially for the Ley/Rand version. So much so, in fact, that I cancelled my MPC version so I could get the Beagle version. Now, the BBTS price of $149.99 is definitely a fire sale price. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the Fuke version. So much time went into it, I hope it's not vaporware at this point.

jason... uncross your fingers... it might get stuck that way... SHE'S DEAD!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Damn you Beagle! Damn you Toynami! And Damn you EXO for saying that!!! That's it, I'm siding with the Inbit.

I do!!! This would be one time I would be so happy if I was wrong.

Yeah if you were wrong then everybody would go back to saying, Ill hold off getting it till it goes on discount, or Ill wait for the Toynami version since it is cheaper.

Yeah if you were wrong then everybody would go back to saying, Ill hold off getting it till it goes on discount, or Ill wait for the Toynami version since it is cheaper.

I was thinking the same thing, i went out and bought it the day it came out. I had about a year to save up for all four versions. Too bad the last 2 never saw the light of day :(

I think that's the Toynami curse. Toynami always floods the market with too much of their product so everyone waits for it to get dropped down in price to buy. I'd be lying if I said I didn't do that too. I always buy the first line of each new product the moment its released (Blue Alpha, Beta, etc) but on the repaints I always buy them like six months later at a drastically reduced price. With the Beagles I don't feel so bad, I bought each Beagle as it was released and then waited a long while before purchasing a Scott Toynami and still haven't bought a Rand Toynami. Toynami has to carry some of the blame for that kind of behavior. With the demise of the MPC Cyclone though I think you have to look at the double-whammy of the sudden Ride Armor competition that was happening and a global recession. That's tough to overcome even without some customers playing the "wait and try to get it for half price a year later" mentality.

Well it didn't work out for us folks that bought it right away anyway... the fact is, the price point was too high for people to make it a priority in their collection. As beautiful as the product was, the toy market is too flooded and the economy was too bad for a company that was just testing the waters for transforming toys. I think any other company settled in that type of business would have been able to carry the load. You can't entirely fault the customers for not reacting.

Got my Red and Green Masterpiece Alphas in the mail today. Green one--solid as a rock. Looks like I got a GOOD one. Red meh, looks like its pretty good, but not quite as "tidy" as the green.....Will post some pics when I get them panel lined and decaled hopefully over the weekend.

Skull try here http://www.toy-wave.com/eng/product.php?pa...=397&super= just scroll down and you will find it for U$D 46.40

I have bought many times from ken and he is trustworthy. I already got a Fuke from him (but when it was $ 70 :( )

Good luck!

DUDE! You are totally awesome Zar! Thank you so much for the link. I can't believe that there is still a place out there besides ebay that has it. Thanks again bro. B))

Well it didn't work out for us folks that bought it right away anyway... the fact is, the price point was too high for people to make it a priority in their collection. As beautiful as the product was, the toy market is too flooded and the economy was too bad for a company that was just testing the waters for transforming toys. I think any other company settled in that type of business would have been able to carry the load. You can't entirely fault the customers for not reacting.
Don't forget the size. It may not be 1/6 scale but with the bike and all it's huge.

It would just barely fit on any of my shelves at home and even then it wouldn't look good doing it. I have the same problem with my yammie Scopedog, there's really nowhere to put it so I just set it on top of one of my dressers in down mode next to a lamp I never use.

finally foun a glass cabinet that could house my alpha/beta combo.

No more sitting in the dust for these babies ^_^ .

Nice display case. But unfortunately you'll still have a little dust problem, not as much as you would displaying them in the open, but it'll still be there. =)

Nice display case. But unfortunately you'll still have a little dust problem, not as much as you would displaying them in the open, but it'll still be there. =)

I know, But it won't be as bad as leaving them on the closett. This will be much better.

It was hard finding one with the correct dept for combo. This one was perfect.

Occasionally I look for old trophy cases on Craigslist so that some day I can put out my Mospeada collection. That's going to have to wait until I buy a house though :( In the meantime it's good to see your collection Gilermo.

Speaking of new houses, I'm in the process of looking, and have it narrowed down to 1 or 2 floorplans I like, however, is it wrong that the FIRST thing I'm thinking as I'm walking through the place is "hmmmm, which room is gonna be best suited to display ALL my TOYS!" Mospeada, Macross, Star Wars, etc, etc, etc.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least the homes in TX are much more affordable than in Cali!

Anyways, I thought these display cases are dust free due to their sealed display case, no!?

You can't seal anything from dustmite, unless you seal it airtight.

The cabinet prevents most of the outside dust form getting in. Not all of it, because you'll open it from time to time. (i know i do)

And because there is not much for the mite to eat inside, the wont stay/survive there very long. Resulting in less dust.

It's very hard to find cabinets for display here in Mexico, dunno why, and for some reason we don't even have a single Ikea distributor yet. Fortunately a friend of mine who works for Swatch gave me one of their decomissioned display cabinets with lights and everything. It had a huge seam along the cabinet's front door, so I just bought some resilient sealing tape. It's very easy to apply and blends with the cabinet perfectly. If you put the tape around every glass, you can make the cabinet almost airtight.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

It's very hard to find cabinets for display here in Mexico, dunno why, and for some reason we don't even have a single Ikea distributor yet. Fortunately a friend of mine who works for Swatch gave me one of their decomissioned display cabinets with lights and everything. It had a huge seam along the cabinet's front door, so I just bought some resilient sealing tape. It's very easy to apply and blends with the cabinet perfectly. If you put the tape around every glass, you can make the cabinet almost airtight.

the problem would be, you still have to vacium suck all the air that is inside.

Once taped shut i would not be able to open the cabinet easly. I open that thing 2 times a day :lol:.

I have an easy solution on the purchasing problem of the $150.00 - $200.00 Cyclones, be unemployed like I am (going back to school and havent found a new one yet.). The Green Beta is going to be my last purchase , unless something changes dramtically. I cant see paying 150.00 for a Cyclone.