I know how everyone feels having to wait half a year per Gundam Unicorn episode. But they are delivering high quality artwork and strong storyline that will make this a cult Gundam classic.

This is like how Bubblegum Crisis episodes were released with long intervals in between. But the artwork, action and story were all top notch.

• 6 months later...

I love the Re-GZ. I really need to replace my busted MG kit of it.

I should also actually watch episodes 2 and 3 of unicorn before I check out episode 4... :unsure:

Do yourself a big favor and watch episodes 2 and 3 ASAP!!!

Gundam Unicorn is totally epic ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So, is the only way to watch this [episode 4] right now to pay up for renting in on PSN? Darn, I don't want to put down money on such an expensive rental. I would rather have just bought it.....

If it's up on PSN, provided PSN is working, then yes. Otherwise, wait till December 2nd when the Blu-ray is out. Yet, PSN has been known to be flaky with Unicorn. So it may be up one day, down the next, then back up after that. Oh Sony.... :rolleyes:

So, is the only way to watch this [episode 4] right now to pay up for renting in on PSN? Darn, I don't want to put down money on such an expensive rental. I would rather have just bought it.....

found these subs for ep. 04 (and 1-3 also)... haven't tested them yet though... - http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=260556

Edited by m0n5t3r

Just finished watching episode 4 and it was ridiculously AWESOME! The action scenes made me buy some Gundam swag today even though I didn't need it. Just wish the Blu-Rays were a bit more reasonable in price but I guess the 2 episode DVDs are good enough.

Just saw episode 4 online and it's offical: I LOVE GUNDAM UNICORN MORE THAN MACROSS FRONTIER!!!! :wub:

i have to agree that i'm liking how this is going compared to the MacF movies (i prefer the MacF TV series)... i just hope it doesn't have an ending that's similar to the 00 movie.

...The action scenes made me buy some Gundam swag

glad i got these when i did - post-8437-0-97308900-1321512848_thumb.jpg post-8437-0-68125100-1321512862_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

Just finished watching episode 4 and it was ridiculously AWESOME! The action scenes made me buy some Gundam swag today even though I didn't need it. Just wish the Blu-Rays were a bit more reasonable in price but I guess the 2 episode DVDs are good enough.

For a Japanese release, which this essentially is, it's quite reasonably priced on bluray.

For a Japanese release, which this essentially is, it's quite reasonably priced on bluray.

True when you look at it that way but episode 1 was only $35 shipped when it was 1st released compared to being $60 for later releases even though they are slightly discounted at initial release.

True when you look at it that way but episode 1 was only $35 shipped when it was 1st released compared to being $60 for later releases even though they are slightly discounted at initial release.

1 episode is 50 minutes long though, and they can still be had domestically for $40-ish. Of course the major difference in import prices between now and when the first ep was released is the current horrible exchange rate.

i have to agree that i'm liking how this is going compared to the MacF movies (i prefer the MacF TV series)... i just hope it doesn't have an ending that's similar to the 00 movie.

You'll probably want to avoid spoilers from and about the novel then...

I thought ep 4 was the weakest by far. A bunch of blah with a few moments of awesome mecha action. It went from the typical Gundam-esque "we must understand mankind's heart to end war" commentary being in the background, to being the only thing said and oft-repeated for about 40 mins straight...