I don't know if I can put here, but...

Trailer of the game Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn, developed by From Software ,the same of franchise A.C.E.

At first glance, the gameplay is good; But you cannot say without having it on hand.

Let me give a hint for those who like Gundam.

Edited by Old_Nash

Anyone know where I can get episode 4 subtitled torrent?

Sure, buy a PS3, go to the PSN Video store, pay to rent it, win!

or

Find a copy of the ep 4 bluray, buy it, pop it in bluray player, win!

or

Buy the second DVD, pop it in a dvd player, win!

• 2 weeks later...

Really? Could a zaku reactor explosion be that powerful as to destroy jestas on base jabbers a few hundred meters away? I didn't think of that. I simply thought that he was trying to destroy himself so that the feddies couldn't get him on their own (like an ego thing)....

I think your guys' explanation makes more sense though

Really? Could a zaku reactor explosion be that powerful as to destroy jestas on base jabbers a few hundred meters away?

It's something that gets downplayed as a series winds on, especially in space battles (and may or may not even be relevant in the non-UC series), but blowing up a mobile suit reactor can be very destructive.

There's also the scene at the very beginning of Ep. 4 where you hear the pilots confirm a reactor shutdown against the Juaggu.

And then there's the famous scene from Ep 1 of MSG where Amuro's inexperience causes a Zaku to blow up, creating a large hole in the colony.

So yeah, ideally, you don't want those MSs to blow up.

Still not 100% sure on this, but we may not have to import the 4th & 5th episodes afterall. Rightstuf has the first 4 disc's back up for order (bluray), and after writing them they implied that the release is still on track (as far as they know). It'll still be a good month or two before they'd begin listing episode 5 though.

As for the DVD version of 5 & 6, that's still off unless someone decides to relicense it.

Does this mean that we will no longer be getting english dubs for the following episodes? Unlike many other series, the english dub wasn't bad at all in Unicorn, and I actually preferred it over the japanese many times just so that I kid watch the action without having to read subtitles.

Does this mean that we will no longer be getting english dubs for the following episodes? Unlike many other series, the english dub wasn't bad at all in Unicorn, and I actually preferred it over the japanese many times just so that I kid watch the action without having to read subtitles.

Since BV (Japan) was doing that themselvse too, it'll probably still be there.

Decide to give Unicorn a second chance.

Before I was watching it on my old 20" CRT bedroom TV, but the version I watched had really tiny subs, that I could hardly read, so I gave up half way through episode 1.

Know I'm watching a higher definition dubbed version on my phone while commuting and quite enjoying it.

Still think the MS designs and combat are silly though, but that's just Gundam I guess.

And the name of the Char look alike "Full Frontal" made me chuckle. I mean, really!

Graham

Before I was watching it on my old 20" CRT bedroom TV, but the version I watched had really tiny subs, that I could hardly read, so I gave up half way through episode 1.

Know I'm watching a higher definition dubbed version on my phone while commuting and quite enjoying it.

Still think the MS designs and combat are silly though, but that's just Gundam I guess.

And the name of the Char look alike "Full Frontal" made me chuckle. I mean, really!

Graham

How far have you gotten? Unicorn has stayed pretty consistent with its quality through out these first 4 episodes. Dare I say the best thing Gundam since Zeta & Turn-A.

Graham

His name is a reference to full frontal assault. Like what he did in episode 2. But since things like traumatic rape and sexual assault is prominent in the novel, maybe the author did have something in mind about that masked dude's name :p

How far have you gotten? Unicorn has stayed pretty consistent with its quality through out these first 4 episodes. Dare I say the best thing Gundam since Zeta & Turn-A.

Best than Zeta Gundam yes, its not very difficult if you think about it. The only thing going for Z Gundam was the animation (in 1985), but the story oh my god the story was so full of plot holes and the characters were so schizophrenic that its a miracle the series even survived until the end.

Turn A on the other hand is the best Gundam series ever, right up there with the original Gundam. And this is no mystery since it is the only series (apart from the original Gundam) that Tomino really liked working on. He hated working on Z Gundam and that transpired throughtout the whole series. But he loved Turn A and it shows. From the story, to the character design to the mecha design. Everything is top notch.

I don't think that Gundam Unicorn can top Turn-A, but still as far as OAVs go Gundam Unicorn is not bad, not bad at all.

Edited by Cobra__

Graham

Awww....comon! And transforming flying jets in space (since you don't need *wings* in space) doing maneuvers that would most likely kill the pilot aren't silly?

In terms of realistic combat, I actually think that Gundam > Macross most of the time (the one exception that I could think of would be something like Macross Plus).

But yeah, like others have said, Unicorn stays consistent in terms of awesomeness throughout the series (One would hope so, being that it takes them 6 months to release a single episode <_<)

Graham

To really appreciate Gundam Unicorn you have to be well versed into the universal century timeline. As for Gundam combat being more or less realistic than Macross. Well lets say that the whole premise of the development of Gundam (and mass produced GMs and Zakus) is that Minovsky particles make it impossible to do long range space combat. No massive long range attacks with missiles (one of the joys of Macross combat scenes). No long range radars etc... So Gundams are basically short range weapons especially against capital ships. As for the physics, you should really look at Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory OAV, it has some of the most detailed Gundams ever, in no part due to Kawamori working on the mechanical design.

For me Gundam is much more realistic than Macross (story wise and physics wise. I mean you get to see O'Neil colonies in their full glory ^_^ )

But Macross has some of the best looking sexy mecha ever to have graced the small screen even if its not realistic at all. ;)

Graham

So you saying this is more lame than Macross 7? :lol:

Haha, those are not series I like. Zeta sends me to sleep and I find Turn A unwatchable.

Graham

I'm well versed in the UC universe and first watched 0083 Stardust Memory on fansub VHS, many, many years ago (shortly after it was released). My favourite Gundam animes are: Char's Counter Attack, 0080 War in the Pocket, V-Gundam, 08th Mobile Suit Team, F-91 & Stardust Memory (despite the annoying whiny lead character). Just I've always felt Gundam lacks justification for giant humanoid mecha and it's giant robots just for the sake of giant robots.

And yes, I find the combat and mecha in Macross more realistic than Gundam. However, Unicorn is nice eye candy.

Graham

Awww....comon! And transforming flying jets in space (since you don't need *wings* in space) doing maneuvers that would most likely kill the pilot aren't silly?

The wings of a VF are for atmospheric flight and of course are not used for maneuvering in space, which is acomplished by the vernier jets located around the body and on the wingtips on the VFs.

The same thing about maneuvers killing the pilot could also be said about Gundam :p At least Macross now has ICS.

Graham

Straying far off topic here, but the reason for battroid existence is pretty weak too. Just because we will face giant aliens, we don't have to make giant robots complete with human-like limbs to match them. A machine with adequate firepower to down the giants is enough. It's not like we create battroid to have a wrestling match with Zentraedis. Which is ironic because a VF is never melee-oriented like MS. Thus making complex humanoid form is unnecessary. It's like we find out that Godzilla is real and now we are developing a tank that can transform into Mechagodzilla; simply because fighting a beast like a beast is more effective than blasting it :p .

At least in Gundam, the chain of event is more logical. One faction created a new kind of weapon. The opposing faction initially thought said design is silly but then realized it's actually effective and start making their own version of said weapon. More variants developed and produced until the existence of said weapon is natural in their world. Just like, y'know, the history of main battle tank in our world.

I've had many off-topic warnings in other threads, I'll stop now :p