I haven't watched any ZZ myself, and I understand the events in Unicorn very well. Thats why. ^_^

Ah, but did you know

the reason "Audrey" was a secret, is because she's really the previously MIA (after Zeta) Minverva Zabi, daughter of Dozle, and last remaining Zabi, making her the defacto leader of Zeon.

Since in ZZ

it was learned that she'd gone missing after the events of Zeta, and Haman replaced her with a double that she used as a puppet to lead from not so far behind the scenes.

. Or for that matter, that

"Marida" was one of the mass produced Quebeley pilots/Puro clone.

Big things indeed that you miss by not seeing ZZ.

Ah, but did you know

the reason "Audrey" was a secret, is because she's really the previously MIA (after Zeta) Minverva Zabi, daughter of Dozle, and last remaining Zabi, making her the defacto leader of Zeon.

Since in ZZ

it was learned that she'd gone missing after the events of Zeta, and Haman replaced her with a double that she used as a puppet to lead from not so far behind the scenes.

. Or for that matter, that

Big things indeed that you miss by not seeing ZZ.

but the show looks like it will reveal those things as it progresses.

Yeah,

"Marida" is actually Puru 12, who was supposedly rescued after the last battle and sold into sex slavery somewhere in the colonies before being bought by a Zeon sympathizer. I understand that the fan nickname she's been given is "Purustitute".

Edited by Seto Kaiba

BANDAI ENTERTAINMENT ACTUALLY LICENSED THE FREAKIN' ZETA MOVIES, OMFG!!! JUNE 22ND!!!

Too little, too late... it would've been nice to have had those things a few years ago even if the animation quality in them has more ups and downs than an insomniac on a pogo stick. I wonder how never having had Gundam ZZ released outside of Japan is going to affect the average viewer's impressions of the Gundam Unicorn OVA...

The Zeta movies have been licensed for years they just had no intention of actually releasing the dvds until now, since I assume they intend to ride on Gundam Unicorn's coat tails? Like Seto Kaiba already said too little too late really.

The Zeta movies have been licensed for years they just had no intention of actually releasing the dvds until now, since I assume they intend to ride on Gundam Unicorn's coat tails? Like Seto Kaiba already said too little too late really.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It won't stop me from buying the DVDs, though.

No, the timing may not but the usual poor distribution and high cost will either prevent or severely inhibit your ability to purchase the Zeta movies.

I hate to be negative but it's the consequence of having dealt with Bandai Entertainment/visual/etc for so long. Who wants to speculate on the price point/MSRP and the packaging method?

No, the timing may not but the usual poor distribution and high cost will either prevent or severely inhibit your ability to purchase the Zeta movies.

I hate to be negative but it's the consequence of having dealt with Bandai Entertainment/visual/etc for so long. Who wants to speculate on the price point/MSRP and the packaging method?

30 bucks per disc at retail with enough foil on the slip cover to make Marvel jealous.

You're confusing Bandai Visual with Bandai Entertainment. Bandai Visual is the Japanese arm that for a short period had a U.S. office that released freakin' awesome quality stuff, at R2 prices. Bandai Entertainment is the U.S. sister company who releases decent to randomly glitchy as all hell quailty stuff, at usual R1 prices. This release is being done by Bandai Ent.

Yeah,

"Marida" is actually Puru 12, who was supposedly rescued after the last battle and sold into sex slavery somewhere in the colonies before being bought by a Zeon sympathizer. I understand that the fan nickname she's been given is "Purustitute".

Now that's funny!

Now that's funny!

It is, a bit, isn't it? It's a shame

that her kick-ass mobile suit (NZ-666 Kshatriya) gets completely wrecked when the Newtype Drive on Banagher's RX-0 Gundam Unicorn overrides her control of her funnels and turns them against her

It is, a bit, isn't it? It's a shame

that her kick-ass mobile suit (NZ-666 Kshatriya) gets completely wrecked when the Newtype Drive on Banagher's RX-0 Gundam Unicorn overrides her control of her funnels and turns them against her

Funny thing, I've not read up on Unicorn, but since watching the first episode, I've totally been anticipating something like that happening.

Funny thing, I've not read up on Unicorn, but since watching the first episode, I've totally been anticipating something like that happening.

I've borrowed the first few chapters of the light novel, and while it didn't exactly wow me in print I can definitely see some potential for awesomeness in the animated adaptation.

• 3 months later...

Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 Trailer seems to be up.

ZOMG!!!! Red Sazabi-like Mobile Suit!!!! :ph34r:

And that all too familiar voice of the masked blonde dude that's piloting it!!!! :lol:

EDIT: For some reason the Youtube links don't work for me. Saw it first via a download from http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=146564 though. :p

Edited by grss1982

Ah, yes, the Sinanju. I have the Master Grade kit of that and I can't wait to see it in action!

Oh sinanju, You're such an awesome robot... :wub:

4782107650_5d0b192601_b.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

And that all too familiar voice of the masked blonde dude that's piloting it!!!!

Yep, Johnny Ridden...

Autumn 2010 huh? Hm....looks like they're breaking their 6 months rule as the 2nd episode should start in September but I think they're more pushing for October.

Yep, Johnny Ridden...

Autumn 2010 huh? Hm....looks like they're breaking their 6 months rule as the 2nd episode should start in September but I think they're more pushing for October.

According to the latest issue of Gundam Ace, the 2nd episode will be playing in a handful of theaters throughout Japan from October 30 to November 12.

• 2 months later...

Well that was seriously good. It was an all around strong episode, what with class writing and animation. I was really drawn into each scene, especially the ones that involve Full Frontal. Fanboy mode was on auto max from start until finish.

Also the sound effects during the MS battles are godlike. I highly recommend watching this with headphones on, for the full effect.

FINALLY got to see it. It was good, but they always seem to have slow patches here and there but i think it's story developement if anything.

But I still got to question could that be Char? or is he a clone? Or just some copy cat? Was it ever revealed who Full Frontal was in the novels?

FINALLY got to see it. It was good, but they always seem to have slow patches here and there but i think it's story developement if anything.

But I still got to question could that be Char? or is he a clone? Or just some copy cat? Was it ever revealed who Full Frontal was in the novels?

Yeah you find out the truth behind Full Frontal in the novel (read a few spoilers quite a while back). Personally i wish i didn't know because i'd rather have found out in anime, so i'd recommend you do just that.

I was going to ask about Char, but I would not have been as polite about it I applaud your restraint.

Got to watch the episode and continue to be impressed by the series so far. I found the dialogue thoroughly engrossing and the combat scenes were extremely well executed. Nothing felt like eye candy, everything seemed very deliberate. Unicorn continues to be a breath of fresh air in the Gundam universe.