The Matrix Revolutions: Final Part of the Trilogy

Well , I´m planning on going to see Revolutions tomorrow too. I´m hoping this time they put more effort into the story rather than the ¨coolness¨ of the franchise as I felt a bit empty after reloaded although it was fantastic. I trust the directors not to screw up such a beautiful saga.

It´s been a long time since ¨The Matrix¨ made its mark on the industry , jesus I´m getting old :(

The only reason I'd see it is to see those cool robots.

Those robots are sweet.

-BEN-MAN-

I have to wait till I'm home for Thanksgiving in order to see it. I just finished watching the first movie, I like how things mean more after watching Reloaded. I agree Reloaded was a bit lite on the story but I still enjoyed it. I hope Revolutions is better, it seems like it will be.

Edited by Effect

I'll be busy wednesday but am planning to see it Thursday. Already read some spoilers and hoping it's better executed than from what I read.

Caught a bit of the first one on TBS so had to put in the DVD for a better viewing... the thing I realized that I missed in Reloaded from the first movie was some of the unconventional camera shots and such (loading the jump program, weapons racks, etc). Wonder if they're past it, or if it was due to the nature of the cut between Reloaded and Revolutions...

I'm going to see it just to find out whether they're going for a Megazone 23 Prt 2 or 3 style ending :)

I think you might just win the prize Keith. ;) I haven't seen it yet either, but I'm betting on a pretty close to Megazone 23 part II ending except perhaps with Neo getting offed.

I missed the super retro look of the first film that became all modern in Reloaded. The cars for instance...

I agree, I liked the 1st one with the different camera angles and all out directing, the 2nd one was wayyyyy too CG. I hope this one doesnt piss me off like the 2nd (don get me wrong, i liked it, but it wasnt produced with the same quality of the 1st0

BTW, did anyone see the interview with Kieno and Jesse James on Monster Garage,,,,Whow man,,,,I mean ,,,,,,whow, did I say whow,,,,i meant whow <_<

OH, Happy "B" day Asamu :)

Whoa, not very nice opinions so far. I will reserve final judgement until I actually see it. It seems people's expectations were so high there was no way it wouldn't draw criticism. I still want to see the end though period.

I will be seeing a matinee of it though, not evening.

Hey guys. Are there any spoilers in this thread? When I opened it up I quickly hit the "Reply" button. I don't want to see any spoilers and I don't have the will power to not read them 'cause I am super excited about this movie. Someone PM me and let me know if there are any spoilers in the thread... Thanks.

Just saw the film. It's noon here in Calgary and my friends and I just got back from seeing the morning screening. It was a blast. I really liked most of the film and the plot threads were all resolved. The only thing that left the series hanging a little was the...

MINOR SPOILER

Still there?

I bet you are :)

part about Neo. Not really sure what to make of it. I'll keep my thoughts relatively spoiler free for now. Needless to say, the film was very good and plenty of fun. Overall, the Matrix trilogy still isn't my number one film collection, but it's definitely a favorite. Can't wait for the DVD!

Thanks, Dangard. No spoilers! ;)

I can't wait for this... I am going Friday after work. After that trailer seeing Neo speaking with that face thing I have no idea what is going to happen. Does anyone know if that face thing is supposed to be the architect?

So from the sounds of it, then leaned more towards the Part III ending? Luckily, the Big O ending lowered my expectations so much this week, I think I'll be satisfied with anyting even remotely sensicle.

Edited by Keith

Dear Wachowski Brothers,

Please return to me the sum of $6.50. Thank you.

From,

Vincent Papaleo

The movie felt WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY to rushed. The Hell coatroom shootout was a rehash of the lobby shootout, and that other shootout... wait, there was none. Again I get screwed in the slowmotion gun fight department. The ending left much to be desired also. It lacked the gun fights I loved in the first movie, had next to none of the philosophy that I hated in the second movie but it at least gave the movie some substance, and was left with basically nothing.

The Zion fight was the best part, which shows, as it seems they put all the budget into making that, and left most of it out in all the other departments. That Smith vs Neo fight in the end was kind of bad too, but for one I'm not that much into kung fu stuff.

I think the major problem was that all the fake versions of the movie people posted kinda led to my disappointment :( But Hell, like everyone said, they could've made a two hour movie of Neo punching a wall and people would've had to see it to see the end of the trilogy.

All the stuff leading up to this movie, from the game, to the cartoons of it, the other movies, everything that led up to this movie, and this movie made it seem like it was all worthless :(

No, there was no "to be continued" at the end of the movie. Beleive me, I sat through all the credits hoping that after them there'd be something worthwhile in the movie, but was disappointed with that also.