The Matrix Revolutions: Final Part of the Trilogy

Classic proplem in the movie industry making sequels to a movie that has no inherent need for it.

After the first MAtrix all the questions where answered. Now we have two more films that kind of just linger aimlessly with dozens of ridiculous characters and cheapo philosophy by characters that have one or two scenes.

There is nothing to spoil the film is terrible. Phantom Menace terrible. Like Bad Star Trek terrible.

every single time a new character would pop up I would prey that they would get killed before the scene ended.

3/10.

I don't know why many people didn't like Reloaded. I think the Matrix trilogy is very similar to the original Star Wars. Of course I wasn't around then so I don't know what people though of Star Wars. I think the first Star Wars was good and could have ended there just like the Matrix could have. Reloaded is like The Empire Strikes back because it adds to the story and sets up the final movie. Then as far as Revolution goes I feel it is like Return of the Jedi, it concludes the story even though some say it doesn't. The ending is just more open ended then some people like.

Matrix 3 was good.  Not great though.  I saw it on my lunch break.

That was a long lunch break. ;)

LOL, kinda. Sometimes I leave on my lunch break and end up not comming back.

I enjoyed it. It went a little dragon ball, but it was still good. I might go see it again after the hype dies down.

Heh, I thought so too, I was waiting for Neo to belt out "KAHHH-MEEEH-HAAAHHH-MEEEEEHHHH-HHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

it reminded me more of Superman fighting Doomsday.

LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it. I thought "Neo = Superman and Smith = Doomsday". Still, a pretty good film and I like it more on the second viewing. The humans got a great deal no matter what some are saying and I'd take it too if I were in their shoes. I felt there was closure yet still an open ending.

Quick review. Good and entertaining enough of a movie. Good action, decent pacing, some great, great scenes... ones that I didn't expect to be good. Not so over the top like the second. A good thing. Solid enough.

Still, really, really dissapointed in some respects. The third movie didn't address many of the important questions brought up in the second, and lots of characters introduced in Reloaded and a few introduced in Revolutions didn't really matter a hell of beans in hindsight. They were totally inconsequential, and didn't fit together in some master plan. Too many things left unaddressed and too much vagueness to clear up most of the "whoa" questions in the second that you wanted answered. They just didn't deal with them at all... which makes the second movie mostly frivolous. No astounding mind screws. I wanted at least a few of those. You know... like the first movie.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

Quick review. Good and entertaining enough of a movie. Good action, decent pacing, some great, great scenes... ones that I didn't expect to be good. Not so over the top like the second. A good thing. Solid enough.

Still, really, really dissapointed in some respects. The third movie didn't address many of the important questions brought up in the second, and lots of characters introduced in Reloaded and a few introduced in Revolutions didn't really matter a hell of beans in hindsight. They were totally inconsequential, and didn't fit together in some master plan. Too many things left unaddressed and too much vagueness to clear up most of the "whoa" questions in the second that you wanted answered. They just didn't deal with them at all... which makes the second movie mostly frivolous. No astounding mind screws. I wanted at least a few of those. You know... like the first movie.

-Al

I think you read my mind mate :blink:

Being over the top, like Reloaded, would have been fine as long as the final chapter could have answered a few, if not more questions. Reloaded at least continued the story line along with a 4 hour destruction derby on a freeway as an added bonus. Maybe I'm just not in tune with the Matrix world or what have you, but the last film left alot of people in the dust of the post apocalyptic world....

heh.... i liked it.... :D

anyhow, sure the ending is little to be desired, like many have said it was left a little open-ended.... the oracle with what she had told to someone *dammit can i just say it yet?* haha

this movie really is a thinking movie, anyone else notice is closely resembles the Bible? if you studied or even read the Bible then you can really predict what happens in Revolutions.... "the one" in both stories did something to save the people. i guess you can say its very parallel in such a way as this : Matrix, Reloaded, Revolutions/ Genesis, Exodus, Revelations. In reloaded just like in the exodus, the one is in a forthcoming struggle with an army (phareos army/ Smith clones) anyhow theres a lot of meaning in the movies, i guess its basically a retelling of an idea with a little flair.... :blink::p

anyone notice it resembles Star Wars also? maybe its just that movie making formula :p