If Yamato made GN-U Fighter Modes would you buy?

Graham

AAAAAAAAGH! All you guys make me sick! like a month ago you all were like: "oh yes, GN-U fighters, GN-U fighters" and now when Graham made his move you say no thank's?!!! But well, you're going to buy everything Yamato offer anyway.

Personally I would just because I enjoy displaying the fighter mode as well. Such as with some fully tranformable models the fighter mode isn't always that great such as with the YF-19 (I like the straight figher hasegawa model better proportion wise) so yeah different strokes for different folks or whatever but I'd buy one :lol:

more like there not interested in doing large scake non-transfroming stuff (we got the SV-51's didn't we), though now that there doing the destroids, they may do more large scale mechs, assuming that the Destroids do well... :ph34r:

Yes they did make the SV-51's, however that was kind of a given.... Silly not to make them. I am referring to Zentraedi & Meltrandi units. But either way, only time will tell what these companies decide........ :unsure:

Good luck friend, Seems like Yamato is just not into doing Enemy Aircraft!!! (Were lucky they made Milia & Max's suits) But if they did do the Mac+ Battle suit, that would be awesome!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know... :(

At least Revoltech gave us the Regult, but I'm not really expecting more from them, either. Hope this doesn't have any bearing on the the 1/60 VF-11.

Edited by Kelsain

Sounds like a great idea to me. While the ability to do a perfect transformation in a toy is cool, for me it is only a means to an end in order to get to a specific mode. I can count on 1 hand the number of times I actually transformed any of my Yamatos. For the most part they just sit there in one mode or another. I see where transforming and non-transforming toys have their place with collectors. You can perfect the things in a non-transforming toy that you had to compromise on in order to make a toy transforming.

Personally, I would be satisfied to have nicely sculpted, detailed, articulated toys in each mode. They could still put in nice gimmicks in each one as well. For example, for a battriod they could have the head swing back and the cockpit could come up with a pilot inside. The could do a 3 pack set of each mode in a decent scale and price as well. I suppose for the type of toy I'm talking about you would need to be in a larger scale than the current GN-U toy line. And, you would probably be talking a higher price point.

At this point you would almost be selling pre-built and pre-painted models although I would expect something more robust and durable such as a toy should be. If I had the skills, time, and patience of a model builder I would probably be more into the Hasagawa models anyway.

Graham, to your specific post, YES I would love a nice GN-U type of toy in only a fighter mode. One thing I would seriously consider doing is to make the entire, engine/leg assembly fully articulated since this is also a maneuver you see Valks doing from time to time in order to quickly slow down during a dogfight. You know, gerwalk mode without transforming the arms and hands. I recall my old Arii toys do this.

Soooo, any particular reason you bring this up Graham. ;)

For me, it's all about the fighters, so I'll go with the minority and say hell yes to GNU fighters... as long as we're getting something new. I am so freaking sick of VF-1s it's not even funny, and the Macross Plus mecha (aside from the VF-11) are a close second (...despite my love of the YF-21). The 1/200 set that brought the VA-3 coloured me overjoyed.

...'course, if Hasegawa made model kits I'd be even happier, but that's even less likely.

Edited by Penguin

Guys,

If Yamato were to make a non-transforming Fighter mode GN-U toy, how many of you would buy it?

I've been extremely impressed by the scupt, quality and materials of the GN-U Macross Plus battroids and I'd love to see a GN-U fighter mode as well, that being my favorite mode.

I think a GN-U fighter in scale with the battroids would by the perfect size for play and display.

So assuming the following points, how many of you would be interested?

• Would come with a display stand.
  • Would come with detachable landing gear to allow it to be posed either wheels down or flying with wheels up.
  • Canopy would be clear, with a pilot figure inside, but may not open.
  • Cost would be comparable to or slightly cheaper than GN-U battroids.
  • Would use the same materials and have same high stand of finishing as GN-U battroids.
  • Wings would move.
  • Foot thrusters would also likely move (to simulate thrust vectoring).

While the 1/200 VFC are nice, I'd prefer GN-U size and quality.

Graham

YES

I'm making a prediction that Yamato will put these out. They'll be really awesome looking. Then you'll start to hear, "well I wasn't considering them before, but they look so cool and not too expensive, so I think I will get one." Battriods are cool and all, but it is clear that the design is primarily a fighter first and battroid second. That's why I always felt the fighter mode is the best looking mode. But, like the majority, I hope that we seem some enemy mechs(Officer Glaug please) and not so much of the VF-1. Oh, and each fighter should have fast packs that can be added or removed. That's why I feel it is important to have the legs fully articulated at least.

Minus on fighter mode.

Plus on destroids and enemy mechs. A gnu Macross would be cool also, with a zentradi cruiser. I will be buying all the 1/60 destroids so I would keep the gnu in mind.

Being that the gnu line is non scale I have not picked up any and have no plans to. I have gotten the Revoltech regult and vf-1j cause they are bitchin...

I think there's a market for these. There's a lot of fighter enthusiasts who it either stuck with small scale display pieces or models. Not everyone can build models and I sure as hell won't be satisfied with a small fighter. Maybe instead of it being a part of the GNU line, they can start a similar line that focus on detail and gimmicks of the fighter instead of articulation of a battroid.

How big would a YF-19 be in GNU scale?

Edited by badboy00z

Sithlord has a great idea also, make the planes that are not variable and or make anything other than the standard vf's that have already been made in one billion other ways... How many vf-1's do I need? Oh yeah I already have more than enough!

I'd like...

* YF-21

+

* X9 Ghost

yeha ok YF-19 too.

Macross II stuff would be REALLY nice.

Really don't care for non-variable variable fighters.

oi WAIT.

G-MAN get them to do SHIN'S F-14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of course i'd rather have a 1/60 version. :rolleyes:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Before Bandai's announcement of the 1/100 line I would have been more excited at the prospect of fighter mode only VFs. However, being at a similar price-point to the battroid GN-Us, completely kills it. It would have to be priced at least at half as much as a GN-U battroid to get my interest. Of course things would depend on how the Bandai 1/100 partsformer line turns out. If it turns out to be utter-ass, then I'll probably warm up more to a fighter-mode only line.

The pricepoint of the 1/100s also gives you the other two modes. And to be honest, I have most of the valks I want in 1/60 scale already made by Yamato, and the fighter modes are fantastic. Once I get the 1/60 VF-11 my collection of Macross valkyries will almost be complete. All I'd have to wait for is a good VF-4, and some VF-25 variants that aren't pork chops. :p

I don't care about enemy mecha except for the Q-rau. I would love a Q-rea, but fat chance of Yamato being able to make that anytime in the next few years... <_<

Then again, I don't know how I'd be thinking by the time Yamato made what Graham is proposing, and I might go out of my mind and collect them all! :p:lol:

edit: I second a 1/60 VF-4

Edited by Sumdumgai

My thinking for this was as follows:-

Firstly, although the Hasegawa fighter mode kits are fantastic, most of us don't have the skill, time or patience to do justice to them. Yet, many people here love fighter mode. I'm an absolute crap model builder and the only way for me to have some nicely painted Hasegawa fighters, is to get somebody to paint them for me, which is very expensive.

Secondly, While the Yamato 1/60 PT toys are great, they are expensive and as mentioned, many us us just transform them a few times and then leave them in one mode. Also, some of them can be a little big to leave lying around on the desk and just casually pick up and fly around. Also, of course depending on the toy, there may be looking issues, which means you can't fly it around as much as you would like (1/48 with FPs, I'm talking about you)!

A few people have commented about how beacuse of the Bandai VF100s line, they would not be interested in GNU fights. However, I'd just like to pooint out that the VF100s line is really pretty much an unknown quantity at this point. They may be great, or they may turn out to be horrible floppy messes, we don't know yet.

I've really fallen in love with the GNU battroids and would like in scale fighters to match. Like most people here, I'm not too interested in a GNU VF-1 fighter, but I'd definitely but Macross Zero, Macross Plus, VFX-2 fighters.

So to revise my original proposal, if these GNU fighters: -

1) Sell at a cheaper price point than the GNU battroids.

2) Have moveable swing wings.

3) Come with detachable wing missiles and FAST Packs.

4) Includes a display stand.

5) Have some removeable panels, e.g . engine nacelle covers.

Would you buy them?

PLease just a yes or no reply, aloong with any comments about what you would like to see in a FIGHTER.

No comments about enemy mecha, destroids etc. This thread is not about those.

Graham

Absolutely YES, for the same reasons you listed Graham.

I guess features I'd like would depend on the scale... What size will they be?

If I could get something to display around 6-8 in in length, it'd be great. Clean lines would be a must (ie, I want a YF-19 that looks like the sunset shot :D), but as long as the fighters are sleek, I would do without a lot of features just to get a simple solid plane to zoom about my desk. ^_^

FPs would be nice, but not if they complicate things, or reduce the sturdyness of the fighter. Heck, if the planes looked nice enough, I personally wouldn't care if they even had clear cockpits.. a solid painted canopy would be fine by me, but if they can get a good looking cockpit in that scale, I'd say go for it.

Swing wings are great, but only really a must for a few Valks. The moving feet would be a nice touch too, but I don't think they'd be necessary. High speed mode for the YF-21 would be very nice if they can do it without leaving the wings flappy.

If retractable gear would be possible, it'd be nice, but removable is fine.. maybe they could do what Fine Molds did for their X-Wing kits.. they made the entire gear-wells removable, and included closed and open versions so you could swap between the two, and you'd still get a fully detailed well with open doors when the gear were down. Plain stick landing gear would work too.. I'll probably just leave them on the stands anyway. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

For revised proposal, yes, I would be interested.

If Yamato can visit other VFs, besides the VF-1, in particular some of the ones that haven't really seen a toy yet. VF-4, VF-5000, VF-14. Take advantage of the VFX2 license and give us a VF-17. Although I'm not keen on the VF-9, I'm sure there are a number of people who would love to get one of those. Hell, the VF-0D would be nice as a fighter. If Yamato could do the SW-XAI and SW-XAII in fighter mode, I'd definitely bite on those.

An important thing would also be the ability to mount and remove the gunpod(s), if they have mounted gunpods. The VF-17, VF-22, and ones that either have internally stored gunpods or no mounted gunpods, it wouldn't matter.

I would be interested if:

more realistic sculpt than the battroid GN-U

extensive detailing including tampo printing of at least all major markings

the line focused on valkyries that do not already exist in the 1/60 line.

alternate payloads such as missiles/bombs, non standard gunpods, etc.

The revised proposal is even more interesting so a definit yes from me.

In a fighter mode 2 things I would really value:

1) Retractable landing gear to be able to display the fighter in flight and on the ground

2) Detachable payloads and Fast/Super Packs

If the price is equal or lower then those of the battroids, it's fine for me. The paintjobs and models of the GNU-batroids are excellent.

One option I'd love to see is a GNU 3-model-package deal which includes a fighter, battroid and gerwalk model. Say for roughly 2 times the price of a battroid.

Edited by Bri

If they do come with FAST packs, then will the mecha be able to move the legs and other pieces? (or will there be parts-swapping?)

The VF1 requires a different leg/backpack position for the FAST packs to be installed.

My vote is now Semi-Yes, but what would really make me go for these is if:

- the line include valks OTHER than VF-1 or YF-19 or YF-21 (tired of those - not going to buy anything related to them anymore)

- they are highly detailed, i.e.: cockpit, plus pilot and clear canopy (no bright-blue, solid canopy like the 1/200 (?) line)

- they are accurate to the line-art and not chubby like the GN-U battroids

Edited by OmegaD3k