If Yamato made GN-U Fighter Modes would you buy?

Graham

Guys,

If Yamato were to make a non-transforming Fighter mode GN-U toy, how many of you would buy it?

I've been extremely impressed by the scupt, quality and materials of the GN-U Macross Plus battroids and I'd love to see a GN-U fighter mode as well, that being my favorite mode.

I think a GN-U fighter in scale with the battroids would by the perfect size for play and display.

So assuming the following points, how many of you would be interested?

• Would come with a display stand.
  • Would come with detachable landing gear to allow it to be posed either wheels down or flying with wheels up.
  • Canopy would be clear, with a pilot figure inside, but may not open.
  • Cost would be comparable to or slightly cheaper than GN-U battroids.
  • Would use the same materials and have same high stand of finishing as GN-U battroids.
  • Wings would move.
  • Foot thrusters would also likely move (to simulate thrust vectoring).

While the 1/200 VFC are nice, I'd prefer GN-U size and quality.

Graham

I think it is a great idea Graham. I really love the GN-U line so far. I am however a "Battroid Guy" but I do still love fighter mode and would love a GN-U line of fighters just as you have mentioned. YF-19/21, VF-4, VF-9, yes.

Enemy mecha as well for sure.

Fighters only? Nope.

YES for more 1/60 variable fighters (VF-3000, 5000, 4, 22, 0D, 171, 25, 27, 24, etc, etc, etc), destroids, and enemy mecha. :3

If I wanted fighter-only mode, I'd get those Hase model kits. So beautiful, so accurate, so detailed... @_@

Edited by OmegaD3k

yes on zentradi/gerwalk/destroids.

No on fighters unless they were MUCH cheaper or came in multi packs for the same price as battroid gn-u

or if they had the fighters came with the batroid figure.

also gerwalk would be really good.

Guys,

If Yamato were to make a non-transforming Fighter mode GN-U toy, how many of you would buy it?

I've been extremely impressed by the scupt, quality and materials of the GN-U Macross Plus battroids and I'd love to see a GN-U fighter mode as well, that being my favorite mode.

I think a GN-U fighter in scale with the battroids would by the perfect size for play and display.

So assuming the following points, how many of you would be interested?

• Would come with a display stand.
  • Would come with detachable landing gear to allow it to be posed either wheels down or flying with wheels up.
  • Canopy would be clear, with a pilot figure inside, but may not open.
  • Cost would be comparable to or slightly cheaper than GN-U battroids.
  • Would use the same materials and have same high stand of finishing as GN-U battroids.
  • Wings would move.
  • Foot thrusters would also likely move (to simulate thrust vectoring).

While the 1/200 VFC are nice, I'd prefer GN-U size and quality.

Graham

Why detachable gear and non opening canopy?

If we're talking about a F-mode only GN-U, with no moving joints for limbs, I'd want as many moving parts as I can get in other areas. That would include working landing gear, movable thrust vectoring, opening/closing canopy, removable pilot, and maybe even moving flaps, canards, various control surfaces, retracting/moving/swiveling guns, opening missile bays, working intake covers, etc.... I might be interested.

Count me in the group of customers who would prefer G-mode.

Gerwalk FTW.

I'd say no. I assume the G-Nu compete with the revoltechs and fighter mode seems pointless since there's not a lot of articulation and you'd also be competing against model kits that can probably do the same. A fighter that small might as well be gashapon. However, since the line is non-transformable, Yamato might as well bring out the destroids and other stuff that that aren't transformable and deck them out with articulation so people who don't want to shell out for a 1/60 destroid can still get one.

Not sure. Bandai's announcement of the VF100s line takes a lot of excitement out of such an idea. Before, I would've been super excited about GN-U fighter. Now, I'm not sure I'd be interested in a non-scale fighter-only toy.

Now, if Yamato were to release GN-U fighters in a scale - say 1:72 or 1:100, I'd be VERY interested. Such a toy would be (to me) the equivalent of buying a completed Hasgawa model yet having better durability and still having potential for customizing. While it may conflict with Bandai's products, a toy in fighter-mode only does have its advantages over a perfect transformation or parts-swapper toy.

I'd also add that it should come with plenty of option parts (aka. boosters, armor, missiles). Maybe even a decal sheet which adds to the tampo'd markings.

I'd echo most of the sentiment here. I'd rather buy a Hasegawa for fighter only. But since Yamato owns the license for Mac+, a GNU Enemy Battle Suit would be incredible. Full articulation, opening & closing missile ports, etc...

Good luck friend, Seems like Yamato is just not into doing Enemy Aircraft!!! (Were lucky they made Milia & Max's suits) But if they did do the Mac+ Battle suit, that would be awesome!!!!!!!!

Good luck friend, Seems like Yamato is just not into doing Enemy Aircraft!!! (Were lucky they made Milia & Max's suits) But if they did do the Mac+ Battle suit, that would be awesome!!!!!!!!

more like there not interested in doing large scake non-transfroming stuff (we got the SV-51's didn't we), though now that there doing the destroids, they may do more large scale mechs, assuming that the Destroids do well... :ph34r: