New arms design/rethink for VF-0S new release - Overdrive rep talks to

ruskiiVFaussie

ack, :edit: Overdrive talks to Yamato Rep, didn't show up to be cut.. :unsure: Mods can change if they have time. :-)

Sorry I`m a little late. Ok just met the people at Yamato and we got the

information you asked for.

First they are adjusting the design of the arms of the VF-0S which is

one of the reason it's shipping late. They realize they had a problem

with the arms and they're not going to be the same arms as the first

production version. It may not be the same as the fixed VF-0A arms but

you should assume they will get it right before they release it this

time. How much will it be adjusted I don`t know but they are aware of

the problem and are trying to fix it.

Hope this helps

Thanks Overdrive!!!!

Interesting hey! I'll be grabbing one, probably get it in a month by the time i get my funds together, then can confirm for yas.

VF-0S for the win!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well I just got my new VF-0S with booster, and it's great. I'm so glad that they fixed the feet too and made them with a locking mechanism. The arms are tight...very tight....I was afraid of breaking them initially.

No loose legs with my Shin at all, tight. Only thing they needed to fix with the legs is how the backpack locked to the legs in fighter mode. (it doesn't lock properly at

all). Anyone else have the backpack fighter mode locking problem or is it just mine?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

fix the loose legs too while they're at it....

(or did they already fix it with the Shinn VF-0A release?)

Fixed already. The only one with the loose legs (and also splitting apart) is the first VF-0S release.

So...the VF-0A had an arm fix, but it wasn't much of a fix, right? I've always wanted to pick up a VF-0A, but was put off by my experience with my VF-0S. If the joints are tighter, and the arm fix is good this time, then I might be swayed to nab one, finally. Assuming they apply this fix to an improved 0A as well, that is.

fix the loose legs too while they're at it....

(or did they already fix it with the Shinn VF-0A release?)

Yep, both of mine are like that. Got another odd problem with my Shin -0A, the feet don't close all the way together in fighter mode. There's a split there that is not present in my first-edition -0S.

So the VF-0 will be fixed, for good, FINALLY.

Yamato should put something on the box for future rereleases that have the fixed arm design. Some sellers will probably want to dump the old ones before offering the new ones.

I guess investing time and money to fix it is a good sign for a possible 0D (Yamato pleeeeeeese). Or an armoured buldle...

I suppose it's good news, although it seems like it took way too long to figure this mess out.

And this information is useless to me, if at the end of the day I'm still going to be playing Russian roulette with Yamato's releases.

If they can't or are unwilling to invest a couple of cents on a sticker that says "revised", "ver 1.5" or whatever then they won't get any money from me. Oh, and the same goes for the YF-19. Give us a sticker or release the damn combo pack already.

Bandai's VF-0 is a 1/100 partsformer, it's not really comparable to yamato's.

It's a VF-0 toy, and that fact alone makes it comparable. As for being a parts-former, that's nothing more than an assumption. Bandai has stated the VF-25 would require parts to be removed for transformation but they have said no such thing for the rest of the 1/100 line.

Edited by eriku

No loose legs with my Shin at all, tight. Only thing they needed to fix with the legs is how the backpack locked to the legs in fighter mode. (it doesn't lock properly at

all). Anyone else have the backpack fighter mode locking problem or is it just mine?

Hey ruskiiVFaussie, yeah, my VF-0A is the same way, not best in design for how it is suppose to lock in place, comes loose alot. So you're definitely not the only one.

I hope Yamato makes a significant indicator on the box that says whether the VF-0S has the new arms or not, maybe a slight packaging difference, like changing the color of the background or something. A sticker is easily removed, the color of an entire printed background is not.

The reason why I say this is because I too, want a VF-0 at some point. I know some fans hate the design because it is so reminscent of the VF-1, but I love it, its the valk I always saw as bridging the gap between a fully fledged variable fighter(VF-1), and a conventionally powered fighter like the F-14.

The A model is so damn sexy too, love that grey paint job.

I only wanted one VF-0 for certain and that was the VF-0A, which I got before the news of cracked shoulders came up, and the shoulders disintegrated. I am not buying anymore VF-0s, unless a VF-0D comes out. It's too bad we can't get free replacement arms, because I'm not paying money to fix what shouldn't be broke. Burn in hell HG.

edit: rephrased for making sense

Edited by Sumdumgai

Hey ruskiiVFaussie, yeah, my VF-0A is the same way, not best in design for how it is suppose to lock in place, comes loose alot. So you're definitely not the only one.

cool. :D luckily the legs are solid and lock (not into the backpack tho) just not floppy, so it's not that noticable really.

I really like the streamlined form as compared to the sharp contours of the vf-1. Even if it is the precursor of the vf-1.

They should spruce up the line.

I had a VF0A, it was one of the first Yamato’s I got. It was so loose that I sold it right away. I also have a VF0S that is pretty loose too but I transformed it into Batroid mode and it has been sitting there untouched since then. I’m afraid if I yell too loud it will crumble.

I do have a VF0S with Ghost and that sucker is tight as a drum!

If the new VF0A is like the re-release of the VF0S I will be all over that sucker.

I'm trying to get confirmation from Yamato about what (if anything), is happening.

Whether anything is actually happening depends on who at Yamato Overdrive spoke to.

If it was just some junior sales flunky, they may have just given Overdrive a line of sales BS.

If however, it was the CEO or head of product development, that may be another story.

Stay tuned.

Graham