Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

002pj7.jpg

This is disturbing, because of the thickness of the canopy Hikaru and Minmay are literally crush from the inside :blink: the human figures are really deformed.

Like always, still I'm really into the mecha's engineering. I think Yamato should consider Bandai's tech on making smaller plastic parts, I'm really amaze on how they pull-off 1/100 or 1/144 human figure. ^_^

Like always, still I'm really into the mecha's engineering. I think Yamato should consider Bandai's tech on making smaller plastic parts, I'm really amaze on how they pull-off 1/100 or 1/144 human figure. ^_^

well it helps that bandai has ABS plastic pilots instead of soft rubbery gummy pilots.

002pj7.jpg

This is disturbing, because of the thickness of the canopy Hikaru and Minmay are literally crush from the inside :blink: the human figures are really deformed.

Bandai can pull off 1/100 and 1/144 pilot figures, but they can't engineer a good looking perfect transformation 1/60 VF-25. Sad. :(

Cool, there's going to be a little Minmay figure. :)

I think these little figures have turned out fine so far. I think they look cartoony, which they ought.

My bet is these are just early sculpts of the figs we'll get anyways. As it is i'd live with these, but we know Yamato can do better than that. I'm excited! :D

Nicer sculpts please Yamato! :)

Nah! I just don't like the canopy, too VT-1ish for me. I seriously doubt that they are redoing the whole nose section to make it more acurate either, especially if they are still showing this one.

Chris

They only showed this one once, just to spread interest. This news about making the nose longer is like 2 or 3 months after this show.

Did we ever get some kind of confirmation with that? All the translations I read are kind of iffy, you know google translations and such, cause I could easily see what I read as being misunderstood and the yamato rep was mearly stating the difference between this and the standard VF-1. Just curious not being argumentative, because if they did fix the nose and canopy I would be one HAPPY camper. As of now, though, I'm passing unless it is improved.

Chris

edit for spelling

Edited by Dobber

Did we ever get some kind of confirmation with that? All the translations I read are kind of iffy, you know google translations and such, cause I could easily see what I read as being misunderstood and the yamato rep was mearly stating the difference between this and the standard VF-1. Just curious not being argumentative, because if they did fix the nose and canopy I would be one HAPPY camper. As of now, though, I'm passing unless it is improved.

Chris

edit for spelling

I too would like offical word from Yamato as well, it's sad that they are distancing themselves from our G-Man. :(

Again with the Ninja mentality.

PHEW... I'm out of October funds for toys...

Damn straight man! I am regretting this month already with other stuff coming up soon.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Alright, I'll admit it, I was skeptical that these new 1/60's were really so much better than the 1/48ths, but now that I have my hands on one, and have had some time to play around with it, I'm impressed. I still think the 1/48ths get a couple points on these, but things like the additional elbow joint and improved shoulders, as well as just how incredibly well it holds together in all modes makes this the most impressive Yamato toy I've gotten since....well, since the 1/48ths. I can see myself nabbing every single one of these new 1/60's. Never thought I'd be so excited about VF-1 toys again.

I'll be picking up Hikaru's 1A once the destroid Defender is out.

I've still yet to play around with one. :( the Hikky 1J + Super will be the first, or failing that the Hikaru 1S. I've got high expectations!

Alright, I'll admit it, I was skeptical that these new 1/60's were really so much better than the 1/48ths, but now that I have my hands on one, and have had some time to play around with it, I'm impressed. I still think the 1/48ths get a couple points on these, but things like the additional elbow joint and improved shoulders, as well as just how incredibly well it holds together in all modes makes this the most impressive Yamato toy I've gotten since....well, since the 1/48ths. I can see myself nabbing every single one of these new 1/60's. Never thought I'd be so excited about VF-1 toys again.

I'll be picking up Hikaru's 1A once the destroid Defender is out.

I just checked the yamato website. They changed the released date of 1/60 VF-1J 2.0 to november. :angry:

http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail...link=goods_list

CRAP! :angry:

Does this mean all the rest of the release dates will be pushed back?

I carefully plan the items I'm going to get based on the release dates because I don't have a stable flow of cash and need to save up the money with anticipation. This especially sucks because I already payed for my preorder, If I knew this was going to happen I would have spent my money on something else, like the Super Hikkie 1A 2.0 (or the tomahawk..). My Fokker 2.0 is feeling lonely....

I have a Fokker 2.0 that I have never transformed, I'm too afraid of the shoulders, so I guess it's going to stay in fighter mode for a looong time.. (if not forever)

My VF-1S had the shoulders broken upon receipt. And I just got this TWO days ago and took it out of the box. WTF!!

I brought the legs down to transform it to gerwalk and there I could see the right shoulder cracked at the pin. I moved the legs out of the way to repair the damage.

I applied styrene glue and let it sit to soften the plastic before I apply pressure to rejoin the parts and glue them together wiith a second application of styrene glue. So far, so good, I left the parts alone for eight hours so the glue would be completely dried out and the crack set and repaired. I then proceded to remove the shoulder covers because the shoulders were on too tight and I feared the arm would break also.

I don't know what the hell is going on with these, but this F-ing sucks.

Thanks for nothing Yamato. <_<

I spoke with somebody from Yamato Hong Kong yesterday (although Yamato Japan are still not talking to me).

Regarding recent delays, apparently the Japanese government is now demanding some sort of additional certification on toys manufactured in China.

This means that new toys have to go through additional testing by an independant lab to get certified.

I'm not sure on the nature of the testing, but what I was told is that there are only a limited number of labs doing this type of testing and certification and there is a big backlog as all the toy factories in southern China need to get their toys certified before they can be exported to Japan.

Graham

maybe the powdered milk and the melamine and the powdered milk shipments got switched around? melamine in baby formula and powdered milk at the ABS factory that Yamato orders plastic from? Would explain why yamato has such problems with the quality of their plastic...